Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-07-2019, 04:05 AM   #1
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Let me see those oracle sidemarkers

Torn between doing ghosted or tinted/painted. Let me see what you got!

Bonus points if you're summit white!
Old 11-20-2019, 02:22 PM   #2
NilesW

Drives: 2018 2SS vert, Hyper Blue
I’m interested as well. I like the ghosted, but am concerned that the light won’t be as bright coming thru the paint, that they won’t reflect and I might have trouble at an inspection. is there a DOT cert on the light? Can anyone who has the ghosted Oracles weigh in?
NilesW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:02 PM   #3
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
I think these are what you want to see. They have a distinct line of LED's right down the middle.
Attached Images

Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:49 PM   #4
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
Highly recommend the ghosted lights, they are very bright when on! Nice thin LED line down the middle of the light. You won't be disappointed! I have them on both on my ZL1's and love them.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #5
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
Diode dynamics side markers here don’t know if that helps but these are outstanding looking. They are the dark tinted ones.
Attached Images

z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:41 PM   #6
NilesW

As Forest would say, I’m not a smart man. So Oracle makes 4 versions of side marker lights. 1) factory light color, 2) smoked, 3) tinted, and 4) Ghost. Factory color, and smoked I understand. The tinted have matching body color except for a thin line where the LEDs shine thru both when illuminated and when turned off. The ghost are painted to match the body color, and are invisible, but when illuminated, shine brightly thru the paint as if the paint wasn’t there? Can somebody correct me? Also, on our cars, the side markers are supposed to be reflective, can someone tell me if all those are? I don’t see how the ghost ones could be, but then I can’t see how the LEDs can get brightly thru the paint either. This is why we have reflectors on the rear bumper, cause our LED tail lights don’t reflect. I want the ghost ones but I’m afraid to pull the trigger and find out, like I often do, that stuff just doesn’t work like I think it should. As in, if it’s too good to be true, it very likely is. I did email Oracle, but didn’t get a real clear answer.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:01 PM   #7
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesW View Post
As Forest would say, I’m not a smart man. So Oracle makes 4 versions of side marker lights. 1) factory light color, 2) smoked, 3) tinted, and 4) Ghost. Factory color, and smoked I understand. The tinted have matching body color except for a thin line where the LEDs shine thru both when illuminated and when turned off. The ghost are painted to match the body color, and are invisible, but when illuminated, shine brightly thru the paint as if the paint wasn’t there? Can somebody correct me? Also, on our cars, the side markers are supposed to be reflective, can someone tell me if all those are? I don’t see how the ghost ones could be, but then I can’t see how the LEDs can get brightly thru the paint either. This is why we have reflectors on the rear bumper, cause our LED tail lights don’t reflect. I want the ghost ones but I’m afraid to pull the trigger and find out, like I often do, that stuff just doesn’t work like I think it should. As in, if it’s too good to be true, it very likely is. I did email Oracle, but didn’t get a real clear answer.
I think you are correct in your understanding of the options. The ones on my Nightfall Grey Metallic car above are the ghost ones: painted body color, but when the lights are on, the LED's clearly show through the paint.

They do not reflect, and I don't know if the stock ones do or don't, since I threw them away a long time ago.

I can tell you that they look pretty bad-ass, and the LED's look good when illuminated.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:11 AM   #8
NilesW

Mark,
Thanks. That was exactly what I needed. You’ve made up my mind. Now to find a good price. Maybe Black Friday.
Old 11-24-2019, 08:28 AM   #9
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
I have the Oracle ghosted side markers. Here’s a before and after photo and a photo with them on. As Mark R pointed out they are not reflective in the day light but show up just fine in the dark. I think they give the car a cleaner look.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2019, 09:26 PM   #10
SliverATX

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
The clear look great on silver 👍
Attached Images

SliverATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 01:00 PM   #11
info@oraclelights.com

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesW View Post
Mark,
Thanks. That was exactly what I needed. You’ve made up my mind. Now to find a good price. Maybe Black Friday.
Hey, thanks for getting all these great pics from other members! Just popping in to say that our 15% off sale started today on OracleLights.com and ends midnight Monday. Use code CYBER 15 and get free standard US shipping on order $50+.
Browse our Camaro products HERE
View our 2020 catalog HERE
info@oraclelights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:14 AM   #12
Too_Fast

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksta View Post
Torn between doing ghosted or tinted/painted. Let me see what you got!

Bonus points if you're summit white!
Check out my profile, have several pics & white car
2017 ZL1 White A10 ... Vengeance Racing - custom camshaft, CNC aluminum ported heads, engine internal upgrades, SC pulleys, Rotofab CAI, ported TB, Kooks headers, Corsa Sport exhaust cat back with black tips, Incurve Custom Wheels.
Too_Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:49 PM   #13
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
Here ya go! Ghosted in red.

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 12:59 PM   #14
chewy525

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliverATX View Post