Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 12-20-2019, 07:09 PM   #99
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Just bumping this to shout out Dynatech as I haven't seen them mentioned. They also make headers for GEN6 Camaros. Most people I've talked with that had them on whatever vehicle they had them on (mostly GEN2 Lightnings) really had good luck with them and were happy with them.

In the pecking order from high-end to low-end in the Header world I think of them as middle of the road. If ARH/KOOKS/Stainless Works are your high-end headers and OBX, TSP, and other Chinese headers are your lower-end then headers from companies like Hooker Headers and Dynatech are the middle class headers. Dynatech claims all their headers are made in Indiana from 304 SS, but they're noticeably less $ than ARH/KOOKS/Stainless Works. You can get them with either 1 7/8" or 2" primarys.

https://www.dynatechheaders.com/sear...?attribute=444
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 02:37 PM   #100
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
the only thing i dont like about dynatech was no xpipe. i’d love to use their headers as they’ve always been good about fitment and the collector connections were easy and didn’t leak.
Old 12-21-2019, 04:10 PM   #101
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
IMO the oe mid pipe is good to go on the manual cars. The auto is a different story
Old 12-21-2019, 09:09 PM   #102
Vrodviddy

Drives: 2018 Camaro ss
Tsp. Fraction the price, thickest steel, and I put 520 to the ground. 7k miles later and sound mean as hell!! Very happy with it
Vrodviddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:49 AM   #103
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Just bumping this to shout out Dynatech as I haven't seen them mentioned. They also make headers for GEN6 Camaros. Most people I've talked with that had them on whatever vehicle they had them on (mostly GEN2 Lightnings) really had good luck with them and were happy with them.

In the pecking order from high-end to low-end in the Header world I think of them as middle of the road. If ARH/KOOKS/Stainless Works are your high-end headers and OBX, TSP, and other Chinese headers are your lower-end then headers from companies like Hooker Headers and Dynatech are the middle class headers. Dynatech claims all their headers are made in Indiana from 304 SS, but they're noticeably less $ than ARH/KOOKS/Stainless Works. You can get them with either 1 7/8" or 2" primarys.

https://www.dynatechheaders.com/sear...?attribute=444
Just got my 2” primary Dynatech headers yesterday along with their 3” PowerCats. Very nice build quality! The welds are perfect. Made in USA too and pricing was reasonable.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2020, 08:20 AM   #104
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Just got my 2” primary Dynatech headers yesterday along with their 3” PowerCats. Very nice build quality! The welds are perfect. Made in USA too and pricing was reasonable.
Good deal. They look like nice headers. They are an excellent value (at least Dynatech headers are in general) for the quality they general have, and being a U.S. manufactured LT.

Their plant they manufacture their products at is in a town called Boonville, Indiana.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 08:59 AM   #105
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I'd be willing to buy and test a pair of OBX or TSP and compare it to someone else with a pair of ARH to settle things. We can take pics of the install process and everything to show people how it comes out. I've bought plenty of cheap headers and so have many of my friends and we've all had positive results. And I am more than confident that even if I did have an issue that I'd either be able to have a replacement sent out or my money returned. That is IF I had an issue.

We can go back and forth all day. But when it comes down to it, a pair of TSP, OBX, Kooks, or ARH will all have good fitment and quality. They each will give the same HP with the only difference being due to variances between runs/cars/dynos/conditions. ARH and Kooks might have a slightly better quality. And ARH is known for putting more R&D into their products. They usually include extras like brackets and bolts and stuff to make the install process easier. But is it worth twice the money? Not to me. I do believe you get what you pay for sometimes. But other times you pay more for virtually the same thing.

If anyone wants to take me up on my offer then let me know. It'll give me an excuse to go ahead and mod this thing and void the warranty already!!
I agree here, I'm sure arh has the best overall fitment and it's nice to have a "gn performance" part, but the newer batches of TSP headers seem to be fine and even include a bolt for steering shaft clearance on the 2" versions.

Quality and fitment aside, both Pray and Jeremy Formatto have told me 2 inch tsp make the most power. Jeremy told me he has consistently seen better gains with the tsp than arh.

I was for sure going to get arh until intalked to Jeremy recently and Pray confirmed as much. I'll go with some TSP now and save some money as well.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 02:18 PM   #106
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Good deal. They look like nice headers. They are an excellent value (at least Dynatech headers are in general) for the quality they general have, and being a U.S. manufactured LT.

Their plant they manufacture their products at is in a town called Boonville, Indiana.
Agreed, I was impressed at the quality when I had a chance to really look them over. Nice to see something still made in the USA too.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:19 AM   #107
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I agree here, I'm sure arh has the best overall fitment and it's nice to have a "gn performance" part, but the newer batches of TSP headers seem to be fine and even include a bolt for steering shaft clearance on the 2" versions.

Quality and fitment aside, both Pray and Jeremy Formatto have told me 2 inch tsp make the most power. Jeremy told me he has consistently seen better gains with the tsp than arh.

I was for sure going to get arh until intalked to Jeremy recently and Pray confirmed as much. I'll go with some TSP now and save some money as well.
I was nervous about TSP too, but the price was too good to not try. No regrets at all with the TSP 2".
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:38 PM   #108
Flowtie1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I just ordered the ARH long system w/cats for the second mod on my 17 ZL1.
Flowtie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 06:11 PM   #109
drparker21

Drives: tahoe
Billy boat headers and exhaust

Any body running billy boat headers and exhaust on 2019 zl1?
drparker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 06:17 PM   #110
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by drparker21 View Post
Any body running billy boat headers and exhaust on 2019 zl1?
Here's an SS... they don't have any 6th Gen ZL1 videos on their website