Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-10-2018, 02:00 PM   #1
GameRat

Drives: Race w V6 with black racing stripes
Question A few questions

Hi, I'm only 16 however my dad I own a 2016 RS(V6) and I'd like to DIY mod it a bit but would like some advice on things to do. The three things I want to do first is Tint the windows and install a better exhaust because right now it sounds like my mom's Honda Mini-Van

1. If its possible, I don't want to use film on the windows for tints because i've heard they aren't the most reliable. I'm talking glass that comes tinted since I don't want to mess a film up.

2. I haven't done much research yet but what are the best or is the best sounding exhaust/ recommendations for my V6

3. A front splitter

I've never done anything mechanics-geared before, but I don't know nothing, just need some reccomendations
Thanks
GameRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:02 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Good films are fine....forget what you heard.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:04 PM   #3
GameRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Okay, do you have any suggestions brand-wise?
Old 05-10-2018, 02:07 PM   #4
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
3m, llumar, solar guard....do a search here....plenty of pics
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:09 PM   #5
GameRat

Quote:
3m, llumar, solar guard....do a search here....plenty of pics
...Good idea, Thanks.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:38 PM   #6
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Item #2: Exhaust sound is a personal preference. My suggestions would be to search Borla and MBRP. Should find some decent sound clips on YouTube
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:59 PM   #7
Tech@Flowmaster

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameRat View Post
Hi, I'm only 16 however my dad I own a 2016 RS(V6) and I'd like to DIY mod it a bit but would like some advice on things to do. The three things I want to do first is Tint the windows and install a better exhaust because right now it sounds like my mom's Honda Mini-Van

1. If its possible, I don't want to use film on the windows for tints because i've heard they aren't the most reliable. I'm talking glass that comes tinted since I don't want to mess a film up.

2. I haven't done much research yet but what are the best or is the best sounding exhaust/ recommendations for my V6

3. A front splitter

I've never done anything mechanics-geared before, but I don't know nothing, just need some reccomendations
Thanks
Which exhaust system is best will depend on your preferences. We offer our American Thunder Axle-back system for the 2016-2016 LT V6 Camaro. I have included a link to the system and a short YouTube clip for you to check out. If you have any questions about any of our intake or exhaust products for your Camaro please feel free to PM me or call us at 707-544-4761.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Utii_7QKnA

- Jason @ Flowmaster
Tech@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:40 PM   #8
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameRat View Post

3. A front splitter

Thanks
Quote:
+1 just search the forum
You don’t do the dark glass by your self don’t you? Specially the rear window is a pain in the neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
Item #2: Exhaust sound is a personal preference. My suggestions would be to search Borla and MBRP. Should find some decent sound clips on YouTube
+1 just search the forum and You tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech@Flowmaster View Post
Which exhaust system is best will depend on your preferences. We offer our American Thunder Axle-back system for the 2016-2016 LT V6 Camaro. I have included a link to the system and a short YouTube clip for you to check out. If you have any questions about any of our intake or exhaust products for your Camaro please feel free to PM me or call us at 707-544-4761.
See above
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Utii_7QKnA
- Jason @ Flowmaster
Concerning the front splitter have a look at C7 or ACS or AA or just klick here.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:59 PM   #9
GameRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
+1 just search the forum
You don’t do the dark glass by your self don’t you? Specially the rear window is a pain in the neck.

+1 just search the forum and You tube

Concerning the front splitter have a look at C7 or ACS or AA or just klick here.
okay, thanks for the help
Old 05-12-2018, 08:00 AM   #10
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i once attempted to install window film at home.if you want it ti look right,let a pro do it.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:09 AM   #11
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Agree with that^ don't mess with windows tint.
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:14 AM   #12
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Get a pro to install the tint. Lots out there, read up on them for reviews. The back window on ours was painful to do even by the pro that did mine (just lack of access space, but they have their techniques and tools for the job). Good quality tint lasts a long time, just avoid using any ammonia based window cleaner.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:59 AM   #13
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Borla makes good exhaust stuff, I ran it on my WRX and was very happy. For the most part, do not cheap-out on these parts. There are some really cheap exhaust-related things that will pop up from time to time, but in the long run quality parts are always worth it.

I would suggest do the splitter and order some C7 Designs side-skirts. Those are a little easier to install and someone mildly competent could help you if necessary. Doing the rear exhaust and these parts isn't too hard and will make a visual and sound difference.

Have a reputable shop install the tint.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote