Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #15
the_fast_one

Drives: 2017 red hot zl1
Here is my opinion
The price seems fair but for the color combo it is going to have to take a very very special person to want it. For me the interior is a huge turn off. It is way to busy and bright with orange seats and bright orange lightsand more orange accents. The cel light needs to be taken care of either with a mail order tune or dunk tune. On used car with no warranty I would walk away once I saw that, nobody wants to spend 28k on what could be somebody's else's mistake. Also if you get it dyno tuned get it checked over, I've good luck selling my cars if I can prove it was just looked at and had a fresh service. Do those things cost money? Yes but they will help get top dollar for your car. Also and some people might not agree with me on this but your being to honest. You don'tve to shoe every little itty bitty rock chip etc. Show the big major noticable ones and leave the little stuff for when the buyer is there or
the_fast_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #16
dangjohnny

Drives: ‘21 ZL1 1LE 6MT
I think it is the mods. I am getting a new car soon and I will be trading my car in. I know the dealer would give me a hassle with mods so I knew early on to go back to stock. My car is almost back to stock. When it is ready (the end of next week), I will try and sell it for about 27.5K or so. It has 14k miles.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #17
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
I have sold two cars on ebay by just putting my bottom dollar as the starting bid. No reserve auction and that way all you need is one bidder to buy the car. They also know when they bid they are going to buy it if they aren't outbid. I sold my 2011 1SS with 15k miles for 27k in Dec. I am sure you can get atleast 28. I would do a no reserve auction with starting bid of 29k and see what happens. ...Also do a 3 or 5 day auction and no longer....Alot of people just search by "ending soonest" and go on....Good luck
Old 02-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #18
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk350 View Post
Modding your car does not increase the value of your car. It might actually lower the value of your car if you try to trade it in. You're comparing your car to stock Camaros, which most people are interested in. The modifications that you have performed on your car is something that you like but perhaps something that other people do not wish to purchase. There's a ton of used car pricing sites out there but just plugging your car's info into one of them says the private party sale price is about $24K.
I would never buy a modded car. It's much more likely that a modded car was abused, and what's to say they were all engineered or installed properly and that nothing else was damaged/butchered while performing the mods?
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #19
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
You just need to present it to the right person. It takes time to sell sometimes. I offered my overall stock 2010 1SS/RS M6, mint condition with 5k miles for $28,500 last year and got no offers over $25k, therefore I kept it and glad I did.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #20
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Take it from someone who USED to mod everything I owned from guns, guitars, cars, trucks, wardrobe...etc. Leave it the F alone! You'll save money, you won't perpetually be looking for the "next thing", you won't have remorse for destroying some of the original equipment and above all, it might help sell it if it comes time.

I get that it's hard but just call me, Mr Stock, now. Very liberating....
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #21
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
As people have already stated the modifications that you made are ones that you picked to personalize the car the way that you want it to be. Not everyone is going to jump on a deal for a modified car because they want to make it there own, not have someone else's idea.

Plus you are limiting yourself to who is going to buy the car with the modifications. A camaro in the first place has a limited marketplace, then add in modifications and it becomes even more limited.

Just put it in the autotrader and then give it some time. You are not going to sell it overnight (unless the right person comes along), so being patient and putting it out everywhere you can to advertise the sale will help you along. There is always kijiji and other free places to post your car for sale.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #22
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
...And no one likes the same mods... If we all were given the same $ for mods, everyone would do something different. No offense, but i'd prefer a bone stock, unmodded car to yours for the same money.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #23
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Even with the mods with the CEL on you will never sell it... Sorry but it needs to be fixed first.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #24
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
You can't sell it because of the mods and the check engine light is on.
A California buyer won't be able to register it.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:06 AM   #25
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Mods, Check engine light, and the body damage.

I know it isn't a new car, but that ding and dent will take some work and some new paint to correct. Add in the bumper issues as well and it would appear to a buyer that the car has had the shit beat out of it and to stay away.....

I'd fixed the issues mentioned and try again.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #26
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Thumbs down

Look at your mileage that first indicator secondly for price of 10k or less someone could get a 2013 SS.

In addition look at your price do you really think your going to get 28 for that car drop 5-7 grand and it will sell.

Keep aftermarket and sell to make some of the difference.
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #27
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
JMO
First you have to realize a lot of potential buyers don't know the difference in packages (yours is RS) so when they look and see that is an SS and notice that on Auto Trader the average 2010 SS is going for $25k so they see you're asking $28k and the average person already thinks that it is over priced. The other thing is all the mods you throw into is money gone into the wind. Okay with that said I did check the RS/SS book value at NADA and it seems your price is fair but you are asking retail which when I was looking a year ago I wouldn't consider your price either and would have moved on to another ad or vehicle. As said above it will take time to find the right person that is interested to buy it.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #28
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Here is the deal there are alot of Camaros on the road now , lots of options , Yours also is a 2010 like mine , 2013-14's are way different with better options. If a guy is going to spend 30k or so, he might just be willing to spend another $10 and get the new one with all the cool new options. I know i went into the dealership and the guy offered me $12K for mine , i just turned around and told him when he wants to sell a car get real The KBB is $16 to 18 K , Time is on MY side they got a whole bunch of 12's and 13's just sitting on the lot.14's are due in a few months
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote