Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-10-2018, 08:36 PM   #1
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Gap insurance and Texas...

So I have been with Nationwide and have several discounts on my policy (40% off my comprehensive on my 99 Z28, 10% off my 2017 2SS, Guildposts another 10%, a few other smaller ones I can't remember off the top of my head.) While my policy was in Georgia, I had Gap insurance incase of the possibility of a total loss my negative equity would be covered. I moved to Texas and found Nationwide does not offer Gap. That makes me feel very vulnerable.

I have a clean record and with Full Coverage on both vehicles, uninsured, road side and towing (Alot of stuff done to my 99 Z28) it costs me about $288 per month. Which is about the same as I was paying in Georgia...except I also had Gap.

Do you know of any way I can obtain Gap through another provider? Would you happen to know another insurer that offers it that will be no more than $325 a month? I hate not having it. Its very risky with a new car.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:21 PM   #2
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Wait, your GAP is $325 a month? Or total insurance price. That will REALLY depend on you personally. There are SO many variables(driving record, age, claim history, credit score/insurance score, where you live, etc)they only real way to find out is to call companies and ask. Try GEICO, their site very quick and painless, and based in Texas. I just switched to them my last insurance company wasn't even able to explain why there rates where the 2nd highest I could find.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:42 PM   #3
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
Wait, your GAP is $325 a month? Or total insurance price. That will REALLY depend on you personally. There are SO many variables(driving record, age, claim history, credit score/insurance score, where you live, etc)they only real way to find out is to call companies and ask. Try GEICO, their site very quick and painless, and based in Texas. I just switched to them my last insurance company wasn't even able to explain why there rates where the 2nd highest I could find.
total insurance cost.

I have a quote with Allstate thats comparable to my Nationwide policy for the 2SS but also includes gap... For some reason, Allstate refuses to insure my 99 Z28. Any idea as to why? They will insure a 99 Camaro V6, but not a V8... yet will insure a 2SS???
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:22 AM   #4
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
I had to refinance my loan through State Farm in order to get their free gap insurance.
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:13 AM   #5
rjacobs

Drives: none
In Texas the GAP is attached to the loan. You have to get it at time of finance.

I have not found an insurance carrier here that offers GAP(I have been with 5 carriers since I lived in Texas), they all will tell you its attached to the loan.
rjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:54 PM   #6
Metsfan

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 w/ NPP, MRC
I ran into this exact issue with Nationwide when I moved from Georgia to North Carolina. I had to either refinance and add gap, or find another option. What I did was get New Car Replacement with Traveler's Insurance.
Metsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:02 PM   #7
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
a friend of mine has GAP.came in real handy when his new dodge challenger burnt up.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:21 PM   #8
GT-ER

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I got new car replacement for very little through Farmers. I was actually surprised how cheap adding new car replacement cost and I added it about a month into my ownership.
GT-ER is offline   Reply With Quote