Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-09-2018, 08:53 PM   #1
Fteich

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible
Jacking your Gen 6 Camaro

I have been looking on line for the answer and watch Lethal Camaro videos. He recommended a company called ZL1 Addons. He gave them a great recommendation and demonstrated their products. Convinced to buy, I was looking at the website and I am confused, on the equipment they sell it says convertibles don't need this part. OK, I E-mailed them last week asking what do I need to buy and have not received an answer as of the following Wed. I was going to spend money and apparently they have all they need. So I am still in need of whatever part I need to jack up my car without hurting it. Any recommendations would be helpful and I thank you in advance.

Fteich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:32 PM   #2
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
You don’t need the fancy ZL1 thingies to jack up your car. Just take either a block of steel or a block of hardwood and cut a groove in it equal to the width and depth of the pinch weld ( about 1/4” wide x about 3/4” deep). Use this between your jack and the car and you are good to go. Most jack stands don’t need anything to work on the pinchweld.
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:39 PM   #3
Weege

Drives: 2017 2SS convertible M6, NPP, MRC
When I looked at their site months ago, they recommended the Gen5 model of their lift point adapters for Gen6 convertibles. When I emailed the company for clarification, I too was ignored. Gen6 convertibles have a reinforcing X-shaped brace that occupies one of the two front crimp weld points. I've learned on this forum that a jack can safely be placed under the bolts that attach the X frame to crimp weld spot. Maybe someday the factory will build in flat areas for lifting.
Attached Images

No atmosphere.
Weege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:10 AM   #4
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fteich View Post
I have been looking on line for the answer and watch Lethal Camaro videos. He recommended a company called ZL1 Addons. He gave them a great recommendation and demonstrated their products. Convinced to buy, I was looking at the website and I am confused, on the equipment they sell it says convertibles don't need this part. OK, I E-mailed them last week asking what do I need to buy and have not received an answer as of the following Wed. I was going to spend money and apparently they have all they need. So I am still in need of whatever part I need to jack up my car without hurting it. Any recommendations would be helpful and I thank you in advance.

My set for my convertible arrived a few weeks ago from them I just got around to installing them.

the specified a sent for the 2017/18 convertibles.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:20 AM   #5
ac-427

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline Convertible
I have the ZL1 Addons bolt on jack points for convertibles for my SS Redline Vert and they work great. I use them for jack stand placement, and use the cross brace bolt locations to raise the car prior to sliding the jack stands under the bolt on jack points. If I'm not using jack stands, I jack directly under the jack points.
Attached Images

ac-427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #6
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fteich View Post

go to Amazon and search jack puck...looks like below. They work great and only a fraction of the cost.
Attached Images

pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:17 PM   #7
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
^^^
The DEDC medium slotted pucks are what I use for both jack and jack-stands. They're excellent.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:27 PM   #8
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
go to Amazon and search jack puck...looks like below. They work great and only a fraction of the cost.
ditto
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote