Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-19-2018, 11:56 PM   #1
SpeedDemon77

Drives: Garnet Red 2017 2SS
Thumbs down Weird Smell, Sounds and no more AC

Ok, So today I was driving my 2SS quite aggressively as I normally love to drive as such on nicer days; today was a high of 87. Alight so on my way home I started to smell a smell you don't want to smell, especially from your car. I smelled it and assumed it was my environment around me(I was in the woods, so it wasn't likely). Then after about 2 minutes of driving, I come to the deep, sad realization that it was my car. It smelled as though it was melting plastic or rubber, just a nauseating smell. I finally get to my house and I am able to hear the car at idle and I notice this strange light squeaky hum and identify it as a belt. I look to the lower pulley and see rubber that is thrown on the metal below and around. I identified that as my smell and sound. When I started the car back up I noticed that the AC was no longer working, the fan was pumping warm air into the cabin along with more of the smell until the rubber cooled. I took the car out on another trip today to see what was up. No more smell, but I do hear the belt and am currently without AC and I was wondering if anyone with more experience than I can identify the problem. I have an appointment with the maintenance department to look at it on Monday. Thank you for your time and thoughts.
SpeedDemon77 is offline   Reply With Quote