Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #43
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
If any of you plan to drive to the DMV (DC, MD, VA) let it be known there are some SERIOUS violators of this in this area. I vote on the Run ah MF'r Off The Road Free Day once a week to combat this issue....LMAO!!! My SUV will be the one with hash marks on the back glass for all the SomBit@hes that i got even with for cuting me off in my Camaro!
What was that terrible movie...I only ever saw previews...where all crime became legal 12 hours a year?
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #44
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I was told that in Mexico City today, they will unload AK-47s on your car for even looking at them.
I guess things have changed in 40 years there and here..at least for the most part we haven't gone that far even though there are a few nutcases that will pull a gun on you even if you accidently cut them off.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #45
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I guess things have changed in 40 years there and here..at least for the most part we haven't gone that far even though there are a few nutcases that will pull a gun on you even if you accidently cut them off.
The awful drug cartel problem makes Mexico a death trap. I haven't gone there since 2001.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #46
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
That actually happened in Madison about 3 weeks ago. And the nutcase didn't just pull the gun, he shot it.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #47
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
What was that terrible movie...I only ever saw previews...where all crime became legal 12 hours a year?
LMAO....i cant remember the name of the movie but i know what your're talking about.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #48
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
LMAO....i cant remember the name of the movie but i know what your're talking about.
The purge
Old 11-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #49
rabidryan805

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Same thing happened to me where a stupid driver tried to cut me off at a green light...ended up hitting my baby:,( getting her back though on Tuesday
rabidryan805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #50
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Please quit using insults to describe older drivers...
Bad drivers come in ALL AGES...
I agree...I never give an elderly driver a hard time...
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #51
Crand

Drives: away the ladies :(
Send a message via AIM to Crand
You guys got it all wrong. People drive WORSE around crap cars. Considering the car I owned before my Camaro, I assure you I am speaking from experience. People will drive nice around cars they respect. If somebody in a minivan is a Ford guy and doesn't like Camaros, you get cut off. Most people will not pull out in front of my Camaro. Driving this car is an absolute pleasure after driving my P.O.S. Nissan pickup. I was driving the vehicular equivalent of the smelly strange kid in class who even the nice kids would bully because he was just ASKING for it. That's my truck. Camaro? Not so much.

But I think the main problem is that in general, people are shitty drivers everywhere. I've noticed in the past 4 or so years in the Phoenix area, people no longer stop when entering roads. This is a relatively new thing. The hilarious part is that people will not even glance when entering from a side street but if you run a stop sign, they immediately turn into cops and throw insults at you. I ran the one part of the road where everybody stops, you ran the part of the road where everybody is moving. I think you deserve some insults! Also, you'll find that the type of person who blasts out from a side street or parking lot will also NEVER accelerate at a rate equal to the implied rush of their entrance. Always slow, never above the speed limit.

And as a group, elderly drivers are worse. The body falls apart as we age and not all of us were on equal footing in the first place. I know people who cannot talk on a cell phone and drive. I'm sure when they get older they won't be able to drive as well as I can. It comes with being human. So I don't give old people a hard time specifically but of the people who I do, a large portion of them are elderly.
Crand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #52
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Why bring age into this thread? We have many members over the age of 60 on here that are still very good drivers and can probably out drive the majority of members no matter what age.
Stupid drivers are stupid drivers and every age group has them. More than likely if you were a stupid driver at 20 you will be at 60, just talk about what they do, not put them into groups like elderly, teenagers, soccer moms ect. Just call them stupid...DON'T DISCRIMINATE!
Old 11-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #53
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
I'm pretty sure they're talking about people that are into their 70's and up.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #54
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryv6 View Post
I'm pretty sure they're talking about people that are into their 70's and up.
Age has NOTHING to do with this thread and should not be used is all I am saying.
If you are lucky enough to live into your 70's I bet your view will change.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:53 AM   #55
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
Ya they stay right behind me in my blind spot for miles, I have the 69 version emblems on the back and they just sit there and stare at it. Its even worse in my Cadillac SRX. I dont know.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #56
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
The awful drug cartel problem makes Mexico a death trap. I haven't gone there since 2001.

Y'all need to get out of the country more often. While Mexico does have a huge problem with the cartels it is usually limited to the border regions and not the interior. Mexico City is so overcrowded that traffic is horrible.
With that being said India and Saudi Arabia have go to be the worst countries to drive in. There is absolutly no lane discipline. You will have cars six wide in one direction on six lane hiways. People turn left or right from the middle lane and at traffic lights they all bunch up trying to get in front of each other. This then causes huge traffic jams becasue then no one can go. Also they will not lay off the horn. As soon as there is an opening or green light the guy twelve cars back starts blowing like there is no tomorrow. In Saudi you cannot blame it on the women becasue they are not allowed to drive currently.
India is probably a little worse. Nobody stops if they hit you. They drive into oncoming traffic because some of the country is still driving like the English and the rest are driving like the Westerners. Any where you can put a vehicle they will drive. Across empty lots, onto sidewalks. And lets not forget the animals in the road. I wont even drive at night. Forget it. Makes me happy when I get back in the US and only have to put up with our stupidity.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote