Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-24-2018, 01:22 PM   #29
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Yeah, I like that one above. However, lose the 1/4 rear side windows. Make the side windows one piece like the 2nd gen.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:54 PM   #30
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
You gave an honest opinion about how it's looks affected you; nothing abusive about it. Keep in mind my original intent; a V6 pony car, not an aggressive track car. It wasn't meant to be aggressive, it was meant to be a sleek, clean, minimalist design more along the lines of the original pony car Camaro, rather than the current trendy styles. It's actually much more aerodynamic than you might realize; much more like a bullet.

Attachment 942456
Attachment 942458

I could put a simple body line at the lower side to break up the overall look without compromising the original mission:

Attachment 942459

This wasn't meant to replace the current model(s); it was meant to create a new entry-level pony car, which would most likely not appeal to a forum of enthusiasts. The people it would be aimed at don't go to forums really, so I thought a forum group would be the only ones likely to give feedback. Thank you for yours by the way.

What do you consider "aerodynamic" and "aggressive"? Do you have an example or two of something that represents those looks to you? Something that isn't as you said "boring"?
That may be all right but a car must arouse emotions in my eyes. It doesn’t matter if it's a race car, an e-car or something else. It’s about getting chicken skin when you look at it.

Concerning aero and aggressive look.
Some gills behind the front fender, in the hood a higher rear wing a diffuser or the like.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:54 PM   #31
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
I'd really like a hatch/lift back like a 3rd gen. Slightly slightly larger
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:56 PM   #32
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
To me, the 1967 cars' styling is timeless. B-pillarless would be ideal. A liftback trunk is okay; that fixes a problem. Though, I prefer better packaging and smaller than slightly bigger.

The original posters idea is thoroughly valid. This could be a very enjoyable daily driver and not a protected garage toy. The upper trims still would be and there's always the Vette. Not enough people are commuting in pony cars.

I lose a sense of scale with these renderings. I'm trying to imagine this next to an ATS sedan. And with quad-coupe doors. Even when I try sketching something it looks kind of off-proportion, and much less-agressive. Headlights make a big difference there.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:56 PM   #33
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
I'm glad you started a thread on the design direction of the 7th Gen. There seemed to be a lot more talk regarding the 6th Gen when everyone was speculating what it would look like. And good on you for creating a design concept, doesn't look too bad.
In terms of keeping the car attainable I agree completely. A low entry fee is a good idea but there needs to be a few trim levels as there always has been. And a V8 needs to be an option. Maybe for Gen 8 we'll be talking nothing but a 4 banger or some hybrid powertrain but the near future still has V8's in it.
I like the Buick Avista concept (see below) and wouldn't mind seeing the Camaro move in this design direction. As in make that car and call it a Camaro. They evolved the 5th Gen design into what you see now but I think it's time for something new.
The Buick Avista is the perfect Camaro that we never received. It won tons of awards and I remember everyone going nuts about how good it looks. It was slightly larger and less chiseled than the 6th gen, but it had more interior room and cargo space. It also solved one of the biggest complaints that people had about the Camaro: visibility. The Avista was on the Alpha platform, and it used tons of alpha platform tech and hardware. It could easily be mass produced within three years of the concept’s debut. When Buick said that they wouldn’t make it, people were very, very disappointed.

I believe that the 7th gen Camaro is/was/will be inspired greatly by the Buick Avista concept. They’ll increase most body dimensions, enlarge all of the windows, and push the wheels rear wheels closer to the rear bumper. They will be able to drop the curb weight by 200lbs, so the performance will still increase greatly over the 6th gen Camaro. A liftback would be awesome, considering the horrendously small trunk opening in the current Camaro. It would also provide greater cargo capacity, which everyone can appreciate.

So, make the 7th gen look like an Avista with Chevy design cues and the liftback trunk of the Escala concept. Sales would surpass the Mustang very quickly.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:41 PM   #34
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Why don't they just update the Avista styling for more agressive trims. And then release a Buick Avista/Avista GN/Avista Avenir/Avista GNX?

It'll have TTV6s and won't be retro, which seems a popular sentiment. And it's past time to destroy any lingering Buick stigma.

It wouldn't hurt anymore for Camaro to take a year off. But, I really like the idea of it being AWD, replacing the ATS-sized alpha cars (but with Chevy engines) and undercutting the WRXs. I'd also really like a similar (1" or so) lifted GMC alpha sporty wagon. Those would be much better alternatives to a performance trim Cruze or lower trim ATS's themselves.

Last edited by genxer; 06-25-2018 at 12:04 AM.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:57 AM   #35
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
I still say this is what they should go for....
I like this too. It was the IROC models in the 80s that made me long for one when I was a kid. Performance was coming back to sports cars and the look of it blew away the Mustang. 80s styling is back in popular culture and it make sense to go there now.

Really I’m for anything that diverges from the 5th gen influence. We’ve seen that long enough.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #36
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Okay, taking into consideration everyone's feedback, I've started reworking pretty much everything. I've done a lot of work on the roofline (basically it's a version of the 1967 roofline), and a considerable amount of work on the back of the car.

I still want to go with the sleek angular look as much as possible, but here's the latest progress (and to head off the inevitable peanut gallery comments: No it does not look like a DeLorean, a Dodge, or a Honda-whatever).

I really appreciate the honest feedback!

Name:  Camaro7 Rev2-a.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  41.8 KB
Name:  Camaro7 Rev2-b.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  44.2 KB
Name:  Camaro7 Rev2-c.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  40.6 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:18 PM   #37
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:49 PM   #38
maraging

Drives: 15 1ss 1le
Absolute garbage. Which direction is the front? If it costs 22,900 it will be garbage too. All your designs are flat out terrible.
maraging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:01 PM   #39
Stroked84

Drives: Nothing fun, currently.
DMC DeCamaro. I can appreciate the hard work. It's better than I could do, but there's nothing sexy about it. This is right out of the 1980s.

If you're continuing to work on it, my recommendation is eliminate the 4x4 look in the rear. Either the ass is too high, the body is too short, or both.
Stroked84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:30 PM   #40
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Okay, taking into consideration everyone's feedback, I've started reworking pretty much everything. I've done a lot of work on the roofline (basically it's a version of the 1967 roofline), and a considerable amount of work on the back of the car.

I still want to go with the sleek angular look as much as possible, but here's the latest progress (and to head off the inevitable peanut gallery comments: No it does not look like a DeLorean, a Dodge, or a Honda-whatever).

I really appreciate the honest feedback!

Attachment 942816
Attachment 942817
Attachment 942818
Can you eliminate the black line on the sides? The black separation line reminds me of the early C4 Corvette and the Pontiac Fiero which is kind of dated looking.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:38 PM   #41
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by maraging View Post
Absolute garbage. Which direction is the front? If it costs 22,900 it will be garbage too. All your designs are flat out terrible.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:39 PM   #42
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
I'm glad you started a thread on the design direction of the 7th Gen. There seemed to be a lot more talk regarding the 6th Gen when everyone was speculating what it would look like. And good on you for creating a design concept, doesn't look too bad.
In terms of keeping the car attainable I agree completely. A low entry fee is a good idea but there needs to be a few trim levels as there always has been. And a V8 needs to be an option. Maybe for Gen 8 we'll be talking nothing but a 4 banger or some hybrid powertrain but the near future still has V8's in it.
I like the Buick Avista concept (see below) and wouldn't mind seeing the Camaro move in this design direction. As in make that car and call it a Camaro. They evolved the 5th Gen design into what you see now but I think it's time for something new.
That buick concept is the best looking car to ever be associated with GM. I would love for that to be built and offered with a 700HP V8.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote