Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 06-14-2018, 06:27 PM   #1
Mirage385

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Plastic tab behind knee pad broken

Seeking advice as to what course of action to take.

The situation is as follows:

On February 2018 I purchased a 2018 camaro 2ss, in early March when i was detailing the interior for the first time since I purchased te car I noticed the knee pad on the drivers side was loose. I removed it and found out a small plastic tab behind it was broken as well as the surrounding plastic. This prevented the knee pad from staying on.

Naturally I took it to the dealership and was told no problem they would replace it. Fast forward to today, the part has been ordered a total of 5 times and keep arriving with the tab broken. The service manager keeps insisting the tab is unnecessary and even aid theres nothing he can do anymore at that point after 5 orders.

Twice the part was replaced and I was told it was fixed and both times I checked when picking the car up and the tab remain broken and I told him this was unacceptable. I contacted gm customer service and they said they would get in contact with the dealership.

A couple days later the dealership service manager called me and told me they had ordered the specific part of the center console where the tab was instead of the whole console as they had before and the tab was unbroken so I went and dropped off my camaro for what must have been the 4th or 5th time.

The following day I went to pick up my car being told it was fixed. I arrived and lo and behold the tab is in place but it has a hairline fracture across it. I told the manager I did not consider it fixed seeing as it looked ready to break at any time and I do not want the knee pad falling down while I'm driving.

He again said it was no big deal and that the tab was unimportant. I however do not feel that way. He said they would order it again and it doesn't get fixed they would schedule a meeting with the local gm representative.

The combination of the "I dont care attitude, the 20 plus times I've called and spoken to a service tech and been told theyll call me back Iin 20 minutes and I never receive a call. The numerous times I call to check if the part is in and find out they've had it for a couple days yet forget to call me. The complete disregard for my time as they have had me go back and forth more times than I can count." For these reasons and more I will never buy GM again.

There are much more details which would essentially turn this into a novel so I've only included some main points. It's been 3 months and counting. I feel I've waited long enough and have been more than patient. I want my new 50,000 car intact and not be told "it's not a big deal, you cant even see it".

Where do I go from here???
Mirage385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:58 PM   #2
GelflingEssence
Banned

Drives: 2016 Challenger SRT 392
It looks like you have enough lemons to make lemonade. If it bothers you enough, check your state's lemon laws and pursue a claim.

One of two things will happen 1) you'll get a new car or 2) you'll light a fire under their ass and an unbroken part will magically appear.
GelflingEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:06 PM   #3
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I would order a set of knee pads off ebay and send the dealer the bill. I think you're probably putting yourself through more stress that it's worth. Move on and let the dealer know they will never earn your business again.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:30 PM   #4
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Considering how much time you have already thrown away?

I would just buy the part, install the part, and send the dealer a nice note explaining that you will never be back. Surely there are other dealers in Texas.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:58 PM   #5
Mirage385

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
I would order a set of knee pads off ebay and send the dealer the bill. I think you're probably putting yourself through more stress that it's worth. Move on and let the dealer know they will never earn your business again.

The broken tab is part of the center console not the knee pad, its located behind the kneepads, you have to remove it to gain access
Mirage385 is offline   Reply With Quote