Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-07-2018, 07:57 AM   #239
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Easy! Easy! Guys, you get more with sugar than you do with spice, my patience has paid off.

I can't thank GM enough for the effort they have put forth in resolving my issue.

Admittedly there was a point were I was about to blow my top but they stepped up, met me at the dealer and rode in the car with me and verified my complaint.

The dealer and engineer worked tirelessly on Tuesday and found the problem.

In my 40+ years of experience I would not have believed it but I drove the car myself for the final say.

Granted they turned over every stone, and this was not an easy find, but in the end it turned out to be Tires.

They pulled a car from the lot and swapped over all 4 wheels and tires and the car goes straight on acceleration, reinstalled my tires and it pulls again although not as bad due to some of the other things that were calibrated.

Thank you GM, my confidence has been restored and I can't wait to get the new tires on and get to the track and start using this car.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:02 AM   #240
2K16SummitSS
Resident Land Surveyor

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS - Summit White M6
So was it tread separation, causing it to walk at higher speeds? Makes sense, but with you able to repeat the same scenario exactly over and over predictably, I could understand why the diff would stick in your mind.

Glad to see you get this resolved, hope to see you get it on the track soon
2001 NBM Trans Am WS6, Wifey's Grocery Getter - Torquer V2 cam, Racetronix Fuel Pump, Yank 3000 Stall, Transgo 1-2 kit, TSP LTs, Magnaflow, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTIIs, Ed Wright tuned
2K16SummitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:10 AM   #241
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Easy! Easy! Guys, you get more with sugar than you do with spice, my patience has paid off.

I can't thank GM enough for the effort they have put forth in resolving my issue.

Admittedly there was a point were I was about to blow my top but they stepped up, met me at the dealer and rode in the car with me and verified my complaint.

The dealer and engineer worked tirelessly on Tuesday and found the problem.

In my 40+ years of experience I would not have believed it but I drove the car myself for the final say.

Granted they turned over every stone, and this was not an easy find, but in the end it turned out to be Tires.

They pulled a car from the lot and swapped over all 4 wheels and tires and the car goes straight on acceleration, reinstalled my tires and it pulls again although not as bad due to some of the other things that were calibrated.

Thank you GM, my confidence has been restored and I can't wait to get the new tires on and get to the track and start using this car.

Ted.
So they had another ZL1 1LE on the lot to swap with? Or did they swap regular ZL1 wheels and tires onto the car? Just wondering if it was an exact replacement or just a similar replacement?

Did they explain what about the tires was causing the issue then?

Glad they seem to have found the solution for you but it really sucks that it took this long to find the answer.

Thanks for the update Ted.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:10 AM   #242
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham

I'll have to keep an eye on the new sets of tires I get for this thing!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2018, 08:17 AM   #243
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Awesome Ted. Glad to hear you’ll have a proper driving Camaro.

But I thought you tried tires already?
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:15 AM   #244
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Ted.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:29 AM   #245
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
That's exceptional Service. Kudos to GM for stepping up like that. Not surprised to hear it's crappy GY tires.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:46 AM   #246
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Didn’t you swap the tires side to side? I sure would have thought that would cause a change in the pull if it indeed was a tire issue.

I would like to see how those tires test on a Hunter Road Force balancer. They can detect weird problems like that sometimes.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:13 PM   #247
Akura

Drives: ´18 ZL1 A10 Red Hot 😍
Awesome!

Akura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:09 PM   #248
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
That's exceptional Service. Kudos to GM for stepping up like that. Not surprised to hear it's crappy GY tires.
"Exceptional Service" Are you for real? It took them a MONTH to figure out.
Car was a day old when he told them there was a problem.
Exceptional Service would have been a brand new car within 48hrs of the complaint. Its not a 19k Sonic. its a 70k car.
-Bobby
Old 06-07-2018, 02:43 PM   #249
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
So brand new F1R3 tires and alignment on a new car was ultimately your fix?

After almost 1,400 miles on My ZL1 1LE I put on a different set of tires (Michelin Pilot Super Sports) and yes it does still happen.
I now have over 12K miles and honestly I enjoyed learning to deal with it.

Street Smarts summery:
The problem seemed to get better but I think more because the MPSS have a better street friendly tread and the tire does not need to be heated up to perform like the OEM Goodyear F1R3s do. I have two sets of rims and its almost time for a new set of daily tires.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:06 PM   #250
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Exceptional Service would have been a brand new car within 48hrs of the complaint. Its not a 19k Sonic. its a 70k car.
-Bobby
And the Sonic owners say they've got a 25k Sonic, not a 15k Spark. And the Corvette drivers say they have a 120k Corvette, not a 30k Camaro. And the Ferrari drivers say they've got a 250k Ferrari, not a 100k Corvette...it's all perspective. At the end of the day, they're all rolling buckets of moving parts.

In hindsight, this was a simple fix...but they did not know exactly what the problem was going into this. Then mix in a bunch of miscommunication, a little bit of suspicion, and a delay to account for scheduling conflicts...but like Ted said, you get more with sugar than spice. I'm impressed with how Ted handled himself given the time period, and how the GM reps chose to dig deeper after the dealer closed the case rather than write him off.

At the end of the day it's fixed...problem solved...and you can bet your 70k car that the Camaro Team is bringing this right to Goodyear, saying "This is our premium product, what's going on?"
Old 06-07-2018, 06:25 PM   #251
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
-Bobby
Feel entitled do you? It did seem to take forever but they took the time to actually resolve the issue which is more than some OEM's and certainly dealers would have done.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:30 PM   #252
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Feel entitled do you? It did seem to take forever but they took the time to actually resolve the issue which is more than some OEM's and certainly dealers would have done.
When I take a 70k car home and 4 hours later there is a problem that takes a month to fix, damn right I'm entitled. If the problem happened after a few months owning the car, I get it, things take time...….. Didn't know the bar was set so low. sheesh.

Last edited by bobby35ny; 06-07-2018 at 06:32 PM. Reason: spelling
bobby35ny is offline   Reply With Quote