Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-12-2021, 02:27 PM   #1
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Can't Wait Anymore

I've only been on here for a few months after ordering a 2SS 1LE in mid February of this year. I debated over a pick up or Camaro for a while. Unfortunately I can't wait anymore for the Camaro. I've seen the topic of production being temporarily shut down and then going to shut down for a few more months and for a year, and even thought I read no more Camaro's period. I know that nobody has a 100% idea of what is going to happen or when, but no one at GM has provided any useful or helpful info. I hit 3400 status and was dropped to 3100 and am stuck there. I wish everyone the best and hope you all get your Camaro's. I even looked at the TRX and walked away immediately after they said add $20k to the sticker as a mark up (dealers can name their price and someone will pay it, but remember when this comes full circle and lots are full again and sales slump). Back to looking for a Silverado. Everyone stay safe and good luck.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 02:39 PM   #2
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
You may find a Silverado you want as they are incredibly more abundant than camaros, but if you choose to buy now, don't be surprised if they add a mark up to that truck as well. Good luck.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 02:46 PM   #3
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Largest dealer here by me has not one new truck on their lot. I would not want to be in the market for any vehicle right now.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 02:47 PM   #4
ckt227

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
You may find a Silverado you want as they are incredibly more abundant than camaros, but if you choose to buy now, don't be surprised if they add a mark up to that truck as well. Good luck.
I hear you on that. Fortunately I get GMS Employee Pricing. That's why I try and stay with GM products.
Old 05-12-2021, 03:10 PM   #5
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
I've only been on here for a few months after ordering a 2SS 1LE in mid February of this year. I debated over a pick up or Camaro for a while. Unfortunately I can't wait anymore for the Camaro. I've seen the topic of production being temporarily shut down and then going to shut down for a few more months and for a year, and even thought I read no more Camaro's period. I know that nobody has a 100% idea of what is going to happen or when, but no one at GM has provided any useful or helpful info. I hit 3400 status and was dropped to 3100 and am stuck there. I wish everyone the best and hope you all get your Camaro's. I even looked at the TRX and walked away immediately after they said add $20k to the sticker as a mark up (dealers can name their price and someone will pay it, but remember when this comes full circle and lots are full again and sales slump). Back to looking for a Silverado. Everyone stay safe and good luck.
The wild thing is even with a common Silverado, outside of GM’s current rebates, dealers are giving no discounts. There is essentially no deals out there right now for any vehicle.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:15 PM   #6
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
I hear you on that. Fortunately I get GMS Employee Pricing. That's why I try and stay with GM products.
Ah well, then you are aces on the GM purchases vs the general buyers.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:44 PM   #7
ckt227

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Ah well, then you are aces on the GM purchases vs the general buyers.
Its a terrible market. If I didn't have GMS, I would not be looking at anything right now.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:26 PM   #8
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Largest dealer here by me has not one new truck on their lot. I would not want to be in the market for any vehicle right now.

Chevy and Dodge dealership down the street's lot is about 50 percent capacity. However, tons of trucks and Jeeps on the lot which is odd and some SUVs. Stuff you'd think would be selling.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 05:07 PM   #9
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
chevy dealer here in henderson is empty. we've joked for the last month they could use the parking lot for an autox event. they finally have a half dozen trucks but last week they had 2 on the lot. normally 4 or 500 cars in inventory. gm dealer hasn't had a truck in several weeks.
ford lot is pretty full but truck selection is limited especially in the 250/350. lots of stangs tho. don't pass dodge as it's a street over.
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:15 PM   #10
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Good luck with whatever you buy!��
Old 05-12-2021, 09:19 PM   #11
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm View Post
chevy dealer here in henderson is empty. we've joked for the last month they could use the parking lot for an autox event. they finally have a half dozen trucks but last week they had 2 on the lot. normally 4 or 500 cars in inventory. gm dealer hasn't had a truck in several weeks.
ford lot is pretty full but truck selection is limited especially in the 250/350. lots of stangs tho. don't pass dodge as it's a street over.

Ford doesn't seem to be hit as bad with the semi conductor shortage.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:40 PM   #12
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Ford doesn't seem to be hit as bad with the semi conductor shortage.
no but they are hit with junk cars with endless issues.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:36 PM   #13
cthulhucaller

Drives: 2022 1SS Team Joe and Becky
I don't think I'm going to end up with a new SS until September or October. I'll just keep my truck running and happy until then. Being patient is no fun, but I'm going to do it.
cthulhucaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:38 PM   #14
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhucaller View Post
I don't think I'm going to end up with a new SS until September or October. I'll just keep my truck running and happy until then. Being patient is no fun, but I'm going to do it.

I'm glad I got my SS last Sept.

If I still had my 2012 Mustang GT I'd be either looking at a newer GT or most likely would go with the 400z.

Looks like Nissan is finally taking the power level of their Z series seriously for once. This could also further hurt Camaro sales in the future now that performance wise yet another car will match the Camaro.