Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 04-10-2021, 01:32 PM   #15
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Yes, ran majority of the wiring today, should finish Sunday. Taking time as I modified the disabled noise tube to get o2 lead into the car and make it look factory.
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:27 PM   #16
Timbo-1LE

Best spot for switched power under the dash (search not working on the kindle)...
Old 04-10-2021, 09:27 PM   #17
NA18CamaroSS

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
I ran a wire from the fuse box in the trunk. Could not find a decent switched power source under the dash. Some people are using the accessory plug in the center console.
Old 04-11-2021, 05:52 AM   #18
Timbo-1LE

Thx. I did that for my coolshirt, off the power for seat fan (not used in 1LE), will check to see if it can take both loads, coolshirt pump is very low 5amp
Old 04-11-2021, 04:04 PM   #19
Timbo-1LE

Ok, installed. Appears to be working reads 14.6 to 14.7 idling. Rev it it hard and goes to 20, but assume that is the fuel cut off safety net when in neutral..

Button up the wiring and log this puppy and see how it runs... And get any tweaks done...
Old 04-13-2021, 05:43 PM   #20
Timbo-1LE

Ok stuck, I can add the new channel, but two seconds after I start scanning it goes away, thoughts? HP tuners sees AEM x series and I grab wb eq ratio 1.
Old 02-20-2022, 03:20 PM   #21
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
So, I've been searching and can't find anything conclusive, which means it probably doesn't exist.

Is there any way to put a wide band in place of a standard 02 and pick up the signal in the OBD2 plug thru CAN?

The 30-0334 looks like it's a stand alone unit that runs the signal down to the OBD2 pass thru connector.

I'd prefer not to have a gauge in the car that doesn't really get used (other than when you're tuning) and just be able to plug in to check it when I need/want to.
Old 02-21-2022, 10:28 AM   #22
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
So, I've been searching and can't find anything conclusive, which means it probably doesn't exist.

Is there any way to put a wide band in place of a standard 02 and pick up the signal in the OBD2 plug thru CAN?

The 30-0334 looks like it's a stand alone unit that runs the signal down to the OBD2 pass thru connector.

I'd prefer not to have a gauge in the car that doesn't really get used (other than when you're tuning) and just be able to plug in to check it when I need/want to.
Do you have stock exhaust? If so, once you've dialed in idle and partial throttle tuning, it might be possible to run the sensor in the first o2 bung into the car, have the gauge wired to plug into the accessory plug, and you can quickly remove/install whenever you want. O2's aren't used for WOT tuning, just the wideband so I would think it's possible.

Now if you have catless headers, you can run your wideband sensor in the secondary o2 bung. Works perfect
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 11:12 AM   #23
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
Do you have stock exhaust? If so, once you've dialed in idle and partial throttle tuning, it might be possible to run the sensor in the first o2 bung into the car, have the gauge wired to plug into the accessory plug, and you can quickly remove/install whenever you want. O2's aren't used for WOT tuning, just the wideband so I would think it's possible.

Now if you have catless headers, you can run your wideband sensor in the secondary o2 bung. Works perfect
I'll be putting on a ported LT2/95 and Billy Boat LT/full exhaust. I'm trying to figure out the easiest way of doing it before I do it

I was hoping that I could just read a wideband O2 off the logger plugged into the obd2 port instead of having to install the whole enchilada.

Your idea sounds like the next best option. THANKS!
Old 02-21-2022, 11:46 AM   #24
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
So do you need to use the gauge? I dont want it in the inside of the car. Just need the WB to be able to datalog for my tuner/remote tuning.

Can I leave the gauge off and just tie up the wires?
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 11:48 PM   #25
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
If I remember correctly, the wire from the sensor goes to the gauge, then to the obd2 plug. So not sure exactly how that would work, but I would think someone has figured it out
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote