Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 01-24-2018, 09:03 PM   #29
Mighunter

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
My opinion.....not feelin it
Mighunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:03 PM   #30
SSDanny

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I think if the horizontal part of the canard was lower and more curved it would look better.
I'm assuming it's designed on the front vent so there won't be any drilling on the bumper, right?
Old 01-25-2018, 12:51 PM   #31
Deakins

Drives: 2017 2ss, m6
So....with how that is attached how will it stay on my car at 130 mph when I go into my first braking zone? I'm all for these but they need to stay on and transfer the load into the car.
Deakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:31 PM   #32
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
The ZL1 Addons Premium rock guards I have aren’t very good quality and mounted pretty terribly so I’m pretty skeptical of these staying secure at 120+ mph.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:14 PM   #33
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Yep--as others have stated, while I don't think they look particularly good, you have to be concerned about their integrity at high speeds and frankly, whether or not they're functional.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:47 AM   #34
Darryljr11

Drives: Black Camaro SS 1LE
Just ordered a set and will be happy to post my opinion once installed.
Darryljr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:15 AM   #35
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
From the design, I wouldn't expect much in the way of function with those, and that could be by desgin so they dont fly off. I can't belief that no one has ask to see the mounting of these. To me the only reason to add these to any car would be to add performance. They certainly dont make the car look better in my opinion including on the ZL1 1LE. They are cool on that car because they help it to kick ass on the track.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:39 AM   #36
aronSlusa

Drives: '16 2SS
I’d be all for a hard mount option if they’re designed to stay-put at higher speeds
I like the way they look personally, and would be all for a permanent canard
aronSlusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:21 PM   #37
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronSlusa View Post
I’d be all for a hard mount option if they’re designed to stay-put at higher speeds
I like the way they look personally, and would be all for a permanent canard
They will stay on just fine with the standard mount, I have tested them. We do have them that mount like the GT350 dive planes we make for them. They mount with slots you drill into the bumper. There is no way they will come off at even 200mph. Remember they are really not for front down force, they are for the rear wing. we now have some more in stock we made.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:17 AM   #38
FATTEMUNK

Drives: 600whp 2016 C63 AMG/ 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Don't get me started on the over fenders haha as for the "fake ZL1" front ends those wouldn't bother me as much if they (the mb designs/AA bumper) didn't look so horrible! Props to the guys that did OEM ZL1 fascia swaps, much more expensive than the cheap imitation crap. I can't help but cringe every time I see one with the AA bumper on a car......... and yea I know haters gonna hate, blah blah blah haha
Its not hate its just common sense. Why would you put on a bumper from a higher trim? Its fake advertising especially when its a turbo 4. Like adding a M badge to a (X)40i and acting like you bought an M. Or when a C43 owner takes off the C43 part and just leaves AMG to feel like he has a C63. As soon as you step on the gas everyone will know what you have. Just my thoughts, because I dont get it....
FATTEMUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:47 AM   #39
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Nice I like them would be cool to see them body colored as well.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:57 AM   #40
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATTEMUNK View Post
Its not hate its just common sense. Why would you put on a bumper from a higher trim? Its fake advertising especially when its a turbo 4. Like adding a M badge to a (X)40i and acting like you bought an M. Or when a C43 owner takes off the C43 part and just leaves AMG to feel like he has a C63. As soon as you step on the gas everyone will know what you have. Just my thoughts, because I dont get it....
I really like the AA “ZL1 Style” front bumper, and plan on getting it for my car. It’s NOT a matter of trying to pass it off as a ZL1! I would never do that! I just like the looks/style of that front bumper better than the stock SS! And I certainly can’t afford a ZL1, so this is the next best thing. Wait until you see the AA bumper with the dive planes that they are releasing soon!!! You’re gonna flip your $#!+!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Nice I like them would be cool to see them body colored as well.
Agreed! Looks good!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:34 PM   #41
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATTEMUNK View Post
If you badge something and try and pass it..... I agree...I don't get it either. but then again, people are eating tide pods.... I know most of us grew up with the "Mr. Yuk" sticker about eating/drinking chemicals.

this was common sense for me growing up. and as big as I was/am... I didn't try to eat stuff with this on it. on a dare of otherwise....

but if your upfront about what it is.... I don't get all the beta males coming out the woodwork as of late. I don't know if its a millennial thing, or like those LOW-T commercials talking about "you have less testosterone than your dad, and he had less testosterone than his dad"... I didn't whine or cry when someone drew on a cool pair of shoes or cleats during sports....they were their shoes. not mine. always been pretty humble when it comes to things. its like if I'm at the gym working with 405 on bench, and I see someone trying to "match" what I'm lifting, I don't feel the need to go heavier, even though I know they aren't gonna get 405 for a single rep. no need to show off. or feel like i'm king sh*t of turd island. when I workout, I workout for me. not for anyone else or to impress anyone else. this also means I'm not really concerned with others efforts. same as a bumper from a higher trim, lower trim, different make and or model. let them do for them. in a nutshell, if you are gonna mod your car for you...:

but yeah DO I feel its a bit more hate with some...or if we are to be specific, some people simply have ego issues, too sensitive and butt hurt, or false entitlement. some people may use the term, "b*tch boys".... its akin to a woman showing up at a party wearing the same dress as another. you know one of em is gonna be like "dat b*tch got on MY clothes" as if the company that made the dress didn't make 10,000 more just like it to sell. solution? quit being petty is prob the easiest fix for that.

if you don't badge anything, or claim it to be something else, then its not faking anything. I'm guessing back when there were more alpha males, it was called hot rodding. putting bigger engines in place of smaller ones. modding or swapping the bumpers or fenders to be more efficient, better gears for performance, adding a spoiler to a car that now has been built to go over 150mph...etc...

in what I like to call "basic caveman common sense" these are some things I've came to grips with decades ago..:

1) people are gonna buy what they want for their car. you nor anyone else here pays their bills. so YOU don't get a say in what THEY add to THEIR car. neither do I for that matter.

2) the false advertising, is if you buy something and badge it and call it what its not. most people aren't advertising anything. granted you do get the few that will wrap a hood and call it a 1LE, or throw a badge on it and say its something it isn't. but like you said, once they do something, gas brake, etc... anyone who is a car guy will know. only those of lesser comprehension will be fooled. so why worry? it'll be on youtube in a year and you can laugh or shake your head about it then, if you wanna waste life watching vids like that... but they are there if you need em.

3) if one buys a ZL1 bumper, or ZL1 side skirts, ZL1 wing, ZL1 brakes or whatever didn't come stock to begin with, and its to benefit the driving experience, or performance of the car... Stuff whoever has a problem with it. THEY have a problem with it (once again its out of their control, so why worry?), not the owners. buy what makes your car yours and performs to YOUR expectations.

no one here is badging anything as far as I can see in the posts. there's no letters, no trim chrome badging, brand badging, etc.

these are merely canards.... so if one don't buy these, one can buy generic ones from eBay. or can make your own if you don't like these. but these seem to be a good fit, buy, and price. also to note, these didn't come from a ZL1, they were purposefully designed for the SS bumper.

but back to your original question:

Quote:
Why would you put on a bumper from a higher trim?
simple. more air flow, better aerodynamics, especially for those that will track a car, do autoX, street and/or drag race. maybe you wanna add an external oil cooler and don't have the HD cooling kit in stock form, but you don't wanna block the center radiator... getting a replica zl1 bumper, or the actual zl1 bumper allows for that extra air flow, and also more open areas in the front to mount multiple external coolers.

i.e. maybe you want to mount an intercooler for a supercharged or turbo setup on an LT or SS.... once again the bumper, replica or aftermarket is a solution for those with the SS or LT models.

I mean I personally put SS brakes that were taken off from an SS... I do AutoX, drag, and HPDE's. was I supposed to overheat and overtax a single piston caliper setup just so I make sure someone who I don't even know doesn't flip their biscuits over someone with a lower model using higher models parts? or do I get a pass cause GM offers the same EXACT 4 piston kit...and the 6 piston brakes as well for the V6 and 2.0T? I mean honestly, I care more about the shape of the pickles on my burger, and if Arby's will bring back the Gyro meats, than anyone who would have a problem with it. and as said...they have the issue with it...not me. I'm satisfied.

if you want exclusivity, buy a car they only made 25-80 production units of.... else, if its a generally affordable car, there's gonna be replicas of each and every model for various reasons good and bad. you don't have to get it, it doesn't have to make sense to either of us, or any of us here.... but accept that its going to occur. its pretty much the origin of hot rodding....well before people started being so sensitive over things that don't really affect them.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant

Last edited by PolynesianPowerhouse; 01-30-2018 at 04:46 PM.
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:48 PM   #42
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote