Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-21-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Angry Because I'm the one with the fast car! OMG!!!

So I'm cruising down the Interstate cruise set at 82mph then my radar goes off because it detects a trooper down the road. I immediately get passed by a black Honda followed by a pickup and a van doing 90+ I figure oh oh for them and sure enough when the van is passing next to me the trooper pops up coming the other way. The caravan then brakes and pulls into slow lane in front of me while the trooper turns around and that dude pulls me over! I asked him why and he said I was doing 95 in a 80. I told him sir I wasn't speeding that he mistook my car for the other black car and that I was overtaken by a group when he clocked them. All he said was look "I'm not gonna argue with you, Besides your the one with the fast car!!" so I get cited from a town 250 miles from home!
Un freaking believable!!!
Needless to say I checked not guilty just now and I'm gonna fight it! If I had done it I'd lick my wounds and go on but I was cruising loving life eating beef jerky and drinking a coke when my party got pooped on!!
All because "I'm the one with a fast car!"
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:24 AM   #2
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
don't blame you for fighting this one.that sucks.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:30 AM   #3
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
This is the exact reason I bought a dash cam. Not sure about where you live but fighting the cops here is a complete waste of time and without clear proof, like video, I don't stand a chance. Hope you beat it because it is BS how cops just go after the fast looking car to make their ticket quota.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:33 PM   #4
EFI

Drives: something faster than you
You have no chance of beating that. Maybe reduced but that's about it. It's basically your word vs. the cops and a judge will believe the cop more so than a kid in a fast Camaro.

Dash cam, if you had it, would be your only savior.
EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:38 PM   #5
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
Wait a minute... you eat and drink in your car?!!! Hahaha... That actually happened to me way back when, in my red Camaro, in Mississippi. A station wagon with a heap of little kids in it flew by me and the trooper pulled me over... Red cars = attention from cops... Not fair, but neither is life I guess... Sorry about your misfortune and I wish you luck in court.
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:44 PM   #6
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Fight it if possible. The longer you can extend it the better for you as the trooper may or may not show up for court. I would explain in a written declaration to the court of what occurred. Explain in writing that there were three vehicles involved and the situation. It helps if you have no citations on your record when you start that process. Pay the court money, or hire an attorney. The purpose is to make you spend money period.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:52 PM   #7
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Man that sucks... Typcial cops picking on nice cars. I would try to fight it, but its going to be very hard since its the cop vs you.

I'm not a fan of dash cams, what if your the one at fault? I guess you could just delete the video..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI View Post
You have no chance of beating that. Maybe reduced but that's about it. It's basically your word vs. the cops and a judge will believe the cop more so than a kid in a fast Camaro.

Dash cam, if you had it, would be your only savior.
Kid? I don't think a Kid has a ZL1 with 744hp at the wheels lol.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:12 PM   #8
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
That sucks...
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:15 PM   #9
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
I know for a fact that this camaro attracts a lot more attention that my corvette did, especially from the police. Its not for sure the color in my case, cause I had a yellow one, and now I have red one. I have often wondered if they police had any better way of singling out the car that was actually speeding, in case like yours. Apparently not.
These cars do like to go fast though.

When I was young one of the local sheriffs made me his hobby to hassle at every time he saw my 69 big block nova. Measured my bumper height, told me registration wasnt signed in ink. Called me a punk, as I remember.
Attached Images

Last edited by sengli; 09-21-2015 at 09:19 PM.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:45 PM   #10
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDiesel420 View Post
Man that sucks... Typcial cops picking on nice cars. I would try to fight it, but its going to be very hard since its the cop vs you.

I'm not a fan of dash cams, what if your the one at fault? I guess you could just delete the video..

Kid? I don't think a Kid has a ZL1 with 744hp at the wheels lol.
Yea I chuckled at that too! I'm 45yrs young! No tickets or moving violations in the last 15yrs. Plus I could ask for their dash cam video if need be. I think if I walk in and just say hey we all make mistakes no one is perfect and that I understand he has a heavy workload maybe I can get off. If not I'll pay it and go on!
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
Old 09-21-2015, 02:15 PM   #11
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
You were 250 miles from home? Were you in another state? If you were just throw it in the trash. I used to travel all of the time for the job I had and I had over 15 tickets from other states all speeding. I just thru them away and did not worry about them. Nothing ever came of it and I never got any summons. If you were still in your state though I would think it would be wise to go and fight it and plead your case. If you were in the same state they would not issue you a drivers license when yours expired if that ticket is still outstanding and you failed to report to court or did not pay it. More than likely they will have you pay the court cost and forgive the speeding part of it. Still sucks that you have to pay anything.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:22 PM   #12
chuckstacamaro

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
I feel your pain, happened to me about ten years ago when a White Toyota Celica passed me by in the slow lane doing 90 plus, I was in a bright blue Hyundai Accent of all cars, but was driving in the fast lane doing 80 in a 70 speed limit. FHP going the opposite way makes U turn and pulls me over stating I was doing 95. Tried to explain to him that it was the Toyota but he did not want to hear it. I got stuck paying the fine and taking a course to get rid of points for something I was not doing. Life does suck at times.
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #13
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
You were 250 miles from home? Were you in another state? If you were just throw it in the trash. I used to travel all of the time for the job I had and I had over 15 tickets from other states all speeding. I just thru them away and did not worry about them. Nothing ever came of it and I never got any summons. If you were still in your state though I would think it would be wise to go and fight it and plead your case. If you were in the same state they would not issue you a drivers license when yours expired if that ticket is still outstanding and you failed to report to court or did not pay it. More than likely they will have you pay the court cost and forgive the speeding part of it. Still sucks that you have to pay anything.
I wish I was in another state but in the Great state of Texas 250 miles is just a walk in the park.
744rwhp 727rwtq
Old 09-21-2015, 08:19 PM   #14
2NASSTY

Drives: 2014 M6 ZL1
Get a traffic lawyer in the city you were ticketed in and have him/her fight it for you. Good luck!
06' LeMans Blue Metallic Z06, 11.726 at 127.80 MPH Motor - SOLD.
96' Impala SS LTx, 11.397 at 118.10 MPH Motor, 1st stage 10.526 at 127.46 MPH
2NASSTY is offline   Reply With Quote