Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-20-2018, 02:07 PM   #85
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Customer called after having the car for a few weeks and he could not be happier with the outcome of this Hellion Twin turbo system and JRE installation and tuning.

The system was a total success and I am so impressed it changed my feelings about turbos forever.

Anyone interested in Hellion twins shoot me an email, tedj@jannettyracing.com

Ted.
Nice work! (as always) what were your feelings prior? just that PD was better allaround FI for vehicles over Turbo's? I'm good with either way.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:41 PM   #86
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
Nice work! (as always) what were your feelings prior? just that PD was better allaround FI for vehicles over Turbo's? I'm good with either way.
I have always loved everything about a PD blower and that has not changed.

Turbo systems of the past always left something to be desired whether it was fit finish parts quality, turbo lag, lackluster performance excessive maintenance etc..

This system put all that to bed for good.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:34 AM   #87
SociallyAwk

Drives: '17 SS 1LE
Quote:
I have always loved everything about a PD blower and that has not changed.

Turbo systems of the past always left something to be desired whether it was fit finish parts quality, turbo lag, lackluster performance excessive maintenance etc..

This system put all that to bed for good.

Ted.
So there is little to no lag with this kit?
I've been heavily researching and considering Hellion. I think this may be the route I take after building up the motor so I can safely support the kit and make around 700. The ultimate goal is to be around 800, pump some e85, and daily it with great drivability. I wonder if that's asking too much.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:41 AM   #88
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by SociallyAwk View Post
I've been heavily researching and considering Hellion. I think this may be the route I take after building up the motor so I can safely support the kit and make around 700. The ultimate goal is to be around 800, pump some e85, and daily it with great drivability. I wonder if that's asking too much.
I think the whole concept of turbo lag is a throw back to yester year when people were running 5 psi turbo on log manifolds with poor fuel and poor combustion chamber / port designs that required 8.0 CR from 120 CID engines all the while having MPG gears. This is a high compression V8 with lots of gear and a relatively light chassis. I'm sure it won't perform the a PD blower, but it won't be laggy like a SVO Mustang from the 80s. I would think there is a little drop in response if you go to a 10.5 piston....
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:24 PM   #89
SociallyAwk

Drives: '17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I think the whole concept of turbo lag is a throw back to yester year when people were running 5 psi turbo on log manifolds with poor fuel and poor combustion chamber / port designs that required 8.0 CR from 120 CID engines all the while having MPG gears. This is a high compression V8 with lots of gear and a relatively light chassis. I'm sure it won't perform the a PD blower, but it won't be laggy like a SVO Mustang from the 80s. I would think there is a little drop in response if you go to a 10.5 piston....
Noted! Thanks for that input
Old 04-22-2018, 01:01 PM   #90
Lemosine

Drives: 2016 M6 Hyper Blue 2SS
I love the sound of Supercharger whine... but man nothing beats the sound of turbos spooling or the waste gate dumping! Makes a car sound like a jet.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:21 AM   #91
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by SociallyAwk View Post
None with the 8 speed auto.

Pump gas will limit you to high 600s

Stock engines are good for those numbers on E85 but the fuel system will be the biggest hurtle.

Ted.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #92
JANNETTYRACING

Bump for the new guys and discussion.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:02 PM   #93
cheeze9878

Drives: 17 camaro ss
Quote:
None with the 8 speed auto.

Pump gas will limit you to high 600s

Stock engines are good for those numbers on E85 but the fuel system will be the biggest hurtle.

Ted.
What would need to be done to get those numbers on a stock motor? I understand the fuel system needs the HPFP and Injectors, what about pistons or anything else?
cheeze9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:31 PM   #94
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeze9878 View Post
What would need to be done to get those numbers on a stock motor? I understand the fuel system needs the HPFP and Injectors, what about pistons or anything else?
This is a completely stock engine in this build.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:45 PM   #95
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
I was so close to getting the Hellion kit on my Mustang and instead moved over to the SS...but I was so impressed by Hellion. Great work Ted.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:39 AM   #96
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
I was so close to getting the Hellion kit on my Mustang and instead moved over to the SS...but I was so impressed by Hellion. Great work Ted.
Thank you sir.

This kit is super impressive and I think guys need to consider this kit for making big power, there is a lot of value in this kit with all that it comes with.

We should not shop HP vs dollars alone.

Ted.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #97
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
Quote:
Thank you sir.

This kit is super impressive and I think guys need to consider this kit for making big power, there is a lot of value in this kit with all that it comes with.

We should not shop HP vs dollars alone.

Ted.
Thanks Ted for the install and results updates. I agree when looking for power one should think about more than just base cost. But with that being said how would this compare to say one of your Magnusson street brawler packages with headers in install time/cost, performance on lt1 SBE and overall capabilities?
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:53 PM   #98
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
Thanks Ted for the install and results updates. I agree when looking for power one should think about more than just base cost. But with that being said how would this compare to say one of your Magnusson street brawler packages with headers in install time/cost, performance on lt1 SBE and overall capabilities?
I would say it is a wash, the PD route is cheaper but makes less power per lb of boost and vise versa.

Ted.