Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-13-2018, 07:31 AM   #15
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
I would choose Houston, DFW, especially Austin (which I'm moving to this month), Phoenix, over Atlanta.

IT industry is booming in Atlanta but wages are very low.
There's absolutely no legal industry.
There's limited highways and absolutely no transit in the suburbs.
They'd rather throw up a park and a greenway while everyone sits in traffic for 2 or more hours rather than Atleast build or upgrade highways.
All future addressments of traffic are uni directional reversible toll-lanes that literally costs them $1 Billion to build.

... If Cost of Living isnt an issue for you then in this order: San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle and lastly Los Angeles.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:47 AM   #16
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
The smart thing is to find a job first... Then start being picky about which cities are available to you.

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:15 AM   #17
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
Parts of AZ, TX, GA and FL are booming.
In contrast to parts of IL that must have boomed a long, long time ago.
Am from the Springfield area & watching this thread for the obvious reasons.

Edit: To the op. There use to be a forum called city-data or something similar. It had tons of info about most every city state you may be interested in.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:44 AM   #18
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Wow thanks for all the information guys!! I was afraid of getting nothing but hot dog. Sounds like the Carolinas are booming from what I see.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:50 AM   #19
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi667 View Post
Columbia, SC is growing at the moment. Charlotte, NC and Atlanta, GA are always growing as far as I know. New Smyrna Beach, Florida is a lovely place to live - not sure about job opportunities, though. Close to Daytona and not too far from Orlando, mind.

I moved to SC from England and I love it. Hot weather, no car inspections (if it has a title you can drive it), fairly open gun laws. Drivers here are considered pretty bad but I've driven all over the Eastern USA and I can't say they seem worse here than anywhere else. There's a maneuver I see a lot that I call "The Carolina Cut" which is where people will turn into roads cutting across the wrong lane rather than driving a couple of extra feet to turn into the correct lane, but you probably get that everywhere because people are lazy. Only seen one collision as a result of it so far. The roads are not the best in terms of condition (pot holes, etc) but I've not had any damage to my 2SS as a result of the roads so far and we're at about 33,000 miles now. No complaints about the police, either. In fact, Richland County have a fleet of Camaros they drive (you can see them on Live PD). Gas prices are usually pretty good, too.

I *may* be able to help you on the IT/Security job front. For forensics we have an FBI office and SLED are decent to work for as far as I know. I guess for jobs you'd need to know what sort of salary you're looking to start at and work from there. My ex-girlfriend is a biology scientist and she was working a decent job. She prefers it here over Atlanta, where she was working a few years ago. More pay in Atlanta but more stress with it. For Marine Biology you have opportunities in Charleston I'd imagine.

Florida has no state income tax which is a nice bonus. I don't think Kentucky has, either. Kentucky and Tennessee are both lovely states. I haven't spent a great deal of time in them, though. Florida also has no vehicle inspections.
Hey thank you! Sounds like the Carolinas are a really booming area. Thank you for you’re information and I’ll take you up one day! Even though it’s a *may* any info is always appreciated by me.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:24 PM   #20
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
I second the central Texas area, although it is getting pretty crowded. Lots of high tech and live music. And almost never snows, although we get some occasional ice and freezing rain. The toll road going to the Circuit of the Americas has an 85 mph speed limit on sections of the road. See the Hennessey videos.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:39 PM   #21
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
AZ, CO, WA, UT, NM, places with mountain roads and open land that you can get out and enjoy. Many of these are dry enough at altitude that you don't need to worry about snow lasting or obnoxious freezing rain and especially not tornadoes.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote