Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-03-2017, 08:18 PM   #15
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenB View Post
Gonna lose bottom and probably a portion of the mid range. On near stock LS3s this has been the norm and really needs a healthy cam and cubic inches to make this intake work, and even then they lose torque vs the stock intake. You'll be happier with the mid if you're set on doing this.

In your signature I don't see a cam, head work or even headers to help get to 505.

3500-8000+ RPM Power Band listed by Holley

The car has lots of toque on the low end, losing a little will not hurt that much. I am looking for more higher RPM gains that this intake will give me. Hot cam and heads could be possibly be on the future table. But I want to see my dyno results first, that will point me in what direction I will take next.

http://www.lsxmag.com/tech-stories/e...ake-manifolds/

That above link helped me decide what path to go for my own personal path. Even no it's not the exact engine in the article I did use it as a guide in determining my own personal choice of a mod, which I have not seen here yet on this forum. But if someone has done it already....... please share your thoughts with me.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 98 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 05-03-2017 at 08:36 PM.
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:54 PM   #16
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Personally I think it looks tough man! I like the 315's, I like the blacked out look, and the hood looks cool. It's kind of hard to see in your pic though, so post some more up for us haha. This time in better lighting. What does it do for your view in the car, and are your stock hood shocks too strong for the light weight hood?
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #17
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
Personally I think it looks tough man! I like the 315's, I like the blacked out look, and the hood looks cool. It's kind of hard to see in your pic though, so post some more up for us haha. This time in better lighting. What does it do for your view in the car, and are your stock hood shocks too strong for the light weight hood?
I will get sone more pics out later, it's the first day after install in the morning which went very smooth. It does look much better in real life vrs pic.

View wise, well of course the hood is sticking up higher now. But I have never found the Camaro a restricted view personally because you just have to be aware of your surroundings all the time. The hood fits great and no comment on the hood gas shocks, they seem fine.
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 98 octane.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:15 PM   #18
Chevy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
I will get sone more pics out later, it's the first day after install in the morning which went very smooth. It does look much better in real life vrs pic.

View wise, well of course the hood is sticking up higher now. But I have never found the Camaro a restricted view personally because you just have to be aware of your surroundings all the time. The hood fits great and no comment on the hood gas shocks, they seem fine.
I like it man, nice set up so far. Good luck with the engine build
SW long tube headers
3" stainless mid pipe - Secondary Cat delete - High flow cats
Port and polished heads-Double valve springs-platinum lifters & push rods
Cam phaser limiter - DOD delete
P1SC-1 Pro Charger 3.7 pulley
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Old 05-03-2017, 10:40 PM   #19
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Might as well throw in a 150 shot too! Take off that wickerbill when you're slaying dragons!
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:49 PM   #20
Shorty45

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1, M6
Very tough looking car, man..very badass! Curious about your 315's, what are the dimensions? On 11" rim? Thanks.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:11 PM   #21
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty45 View Post
Very tough looking car, man..very badass! Curious about your 315's, what are the dimensions? On 11" rim? Thanks.
I have 285/35/20 on a 10" rim on the front and
I have 315/30/20 on a 11" rim on the rear and I also have a 5mm spacer to make sure they do not rub on rear (plus moved the wiring so it would not rub on wheel weld rear drivers side and 8mm spacer up front.

I put .5 extended tire lug studs on too, they where not cheap. $225.00 from Jegs. Just wanted to keep the proper amount of turns on lug nuts.

There Toyo 888 proxes BTW, I also got a set of Toyo F1. But I have become an addict to the 888 there so good and handling is unbelievable. I originally just got them to us at the track 1/4 mile and maybe weekends. When I switch I miss them.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:50 PM   #22
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
Here's a few more pics.
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2017, 02:58 PM   #23
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Any pictures from under the hood?
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:31 PM   #24
Hyperlinkblue

Drives: 2017 1ss m6. Blue.....
505 at the wheels??? Dont wanna burst your bubble but if you just deleted yor cats and did cat back that wont get you there with the roto fab and intake manifold. Id atleast put longtubes on before you pay to get it dyno tuned. My car put down 403 rwhp and 405 rear wheel torque on a mustang dyno which are stingny, my car was stock other than a roto fab intake, its also a m6. I installed my first round of bolt ons and its goin to get dyno tuned on monday for e85 and 93 (i installed a flex fuel sensor). But id like to add a intake manifold soon after to see what i gain/ loose. Im also on my quest for 500rwhp with bolt ons but i dont think ill get there.
Hyperlinkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:31 PM   #25
Chevy71

Quote:
Here's a few more pics.
Looks great man!
SW long tube headers
3" stainless mid pipe - Secondary Cat delete - High flow cats
Port and polished heads-Double valve springs-platinum lifters & push rods
Cam phaser limiter - DOD delete
P1SC-1 Pro Charger 3.7 pulley
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Old 05-04-2017, 05:11 PM   #26
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
Any pictures from under the hood?
Tune and intake goes on the 19th of May...... pics to follow.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:20 PM   #27
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
The car has lots of toque on the low end, losing a little will not hurt that much. I am looking for more higher RPM gains that this intake will give me. Hot cam and heads could be possibly be on the future table. But I want to see my dyno results first, that will point me in what direction I will take next.

http://www.lsxmag.com/tech-stories/e...ake-manifolds/

That above link helped me decide what path to go for my own personal path. Even no it's not the exact engine in the article I did use it as a guide in determining my own personal choice of a mod, which I have not seen here yet on this forum. But if someone has done it already....... please share your thoughts with me.

You're only looking at peaks. most of the articles about this intake are on 400+ cubes and they still lose 30+ lbs ft. in the bottom and midrange. Even the article you posted lost big time below 4K RPM.

I don't consider these engines to have lots of low end torque and you're going to find this out soon enough.

Even your article states from Holley " It is designed to deliver the biggest gains on forced induction or naturally aspirated engines in the 7,000*to*8,000-plus RPM*range.

Build it for the track and have at it..... but it's your car.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/hdrp-...ass-ls-hi-ram/ states needs more motor

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...ls3-heads.html look at the torque loss below peak
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:24 PM   #28
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperlinkblue View Post
505 at the wheels??? Dont wanna burst your bubble but if you just deleted yor cats and did cat back that wont get you there with the roto fab and intake manifold. Id atleast put longtubes on before you pay to get it dyno tuned. My car put down 403 rwhp and 405 rear wheel torque on a mustang dyno which are stingny, my car was stock other than a roto fab intake, its also a m6. I installed my first round of bolt ons and its goin to get dyno tuned on monday for e85 and 93 (i installed a flex fuel sensor). But id like to add a intake manifold soon after to see what i gain/ loose. Im also on my quest for 500rwhp with bolt ons but i dont think ill get there.
No bubble here, I will post results after 19th May.

Header wise, seems the factory manifold ir pretty good.
Headers in this article only gained maximum gains of 8.59 horsepower and 7.3 lb-ft. I will wait too see what numbers I get before I think of adding headers. The factory cam and heads from gm performance might be needed to hit my numbers. But I will see what my numbers r first. Step by step build here.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/exh...heart-exhaust/

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 05-07-2017 at 01:10 AM.