Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-19-2018, 05:20 PM   #1
Johnwon

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS, NPP, A8.
Worst rims yet

I saw a Gen 6 parked half across multiple spots at the grocery store so that no one could park next to him tonight. From a distance, the car looked sharp, but as I got closer you could see the details were sloppy. The worst was the rims... they had this add-on red ring on the rims which didn't even fit correctly. If I would have tried these on my car, I would have immediately taken them back off when I saw the final results.... Why would anyone do this to their car?
Attached Images

Johnwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:25 PM   #2
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnwon View Post
I saw a Gen 6 parked half across multiple spots at the grocery store so that no one could park next to him tonight. From a distance, the car looked sharp, but as I got closer you could see the details were sloppy. The worst was the rims... they had this add-on red ring on the rims which didn't even fit correctly. If I would have tried these on my car, I would have immediately taken them back off when I saw the final results.... Why would anyone do this to their car?

Why do people park like that? WHY? Just parked well, WAAAY out, or buy some DoorShox. There are days I can't walk well due to medical problems, I still wouldn't take up two spots.

https://youtu.be/SHuO28yBel8
Old 04-19-2018, 05:29 PM   #3
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
he's parked next to a non-parking area, so he's shifted onto it ...probably nearby a curb or area where there's not enough room for another spot.

I'd do that any chance i'd get to give more room for the car next to me on the other side which has an actual parking spot. You're not inconveniencing anyone and giving yourself a buffer.

At least that's what it looks like from the pic.

The rim bumper is legit silly looking.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:31 PM   #4
GA Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Convertible
I park out in the middle of nowhere. Try to stay away from everyone. The only place I double park is at work. I own the place. But everywhere else I just park as far out as possible and hope for the best.
GA Camaro 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:48 PM   #5
blewbyyou

Drives: Dusk SE
If I was going to put those silly looking rim guards on I would of at least got black ones.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:50 PM   #6
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Camaro 2SS View Post
I park out in the middle of nowhere. Try to stay away from everyone. The only place I double park is at work. I own the place. But everywhere else I just park as far out as possible and hope for the best.
it doesn't look like he's double parked. A place with the lines going through it like that is not a parking space.

It's usually excess space or being blocked for some other reason (pedestrian walkway or cart area or loading area for handi-cap etc.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:31 PM   #7
Lerch98

Drives: 2017 2SS black on black on black.
Those red rim guards would go along with red brake calipers.
Lame.
Lerch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:33 PM   #8
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
he's parked next to a non-parking area, so he's shifted onto it ...probably nearby a curb or area where there's not enough room for another spot.

I'd do that any chance i'd get to give more room for the car next to me on the other side which has an actual parking spot. You're not inconveniencing anyone and giving yourself a buffer.

Oh, yeah, that's fine, I read it as saying he took up multiple spots.
I saw an optima taking up 4 spaces, parked where the lines for 4 spaces meet. Like taking up half of each HH he could still technically be taking up two, front to back.

Last edited by SnakeEyeSS; 04-19-2018 at 07:02 PM.
SnakeEyeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:37 PM   #9
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch98 View Post
Those red rim guards would go along with red brake calipers.
Lame.
you mean red brake caliper covers? lol
Old 04-19-2018, 06:41 PM   #10
51FIFFT

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 FIFTY @51fifft
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post

Yep look at the lines.. He's not taking up multiple spots, I do the same thing when available. Calm down guys calm down.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:22 AM   #11
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
I always park on two as I got so many door dends and the people just drove away people just don't care about others.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:33 PM   #12
Johnwon

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS, NPP, A8.
He was parked next to the handicap spot and they lined it off for the van to open and put the ramp down in that area.

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker
Johnwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:46 PM   #13
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I actually bought some of these plastic rim protectors for my 5th gen "ZL1 style" rims after curbing my wheels for the 2nd time. While getting them repaired at Rimguard, an extremely top notch and reputable company, one of the workers said those have never saved a rim in his experience. His logic was that if you catch something hard enough to deform the sidewall and let the rim get scuffed, there's no way in hell some dinky piece of plastic held by adhesive will hold on. I could not argue against that logic.

P.S. If anybody wants a free pair of unused rim protectors, let me know. You would just need to pre-pay for the shipping label.