Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-03-2018, 09:11 PM   #183
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Just want as much juice as I can have at track for the day and purge bottle of course for purge but will be used for show at cars and coffee etc.

Twin DD’s a guys dream.

Not my pic, but it’s what I am going to do.
Attached Images

Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:44 PM   #184
BlackbeastSS2

January Update

I installed my NOS plate this week between the two plems on the Holley High Ram. It is the newer version with the plate actually just a ring around the high rise, so no chance of any parts coming apart what so ever and falling in causing damage. I installed the NOS tank along with the the stand alone fuel system and pump in the trunk. The regulator that comes with stand alone fuel system does not come complete so a few more parts to ordered. The short comings of doing it your self and never done it before but it just really amounts to just taking more time. No rush with the cool weather and not driving much and the track opening here is two months away. I plumbed in the NOS solenoid on the high rise with the lines that came with the kit, but I will have to get some custom made so it cleans up the install and does look like a octopus.

Fuel regulator needs to be installed once I get a few parts as I said before and a vent tube needs to be drilled in trunk for safety reason. Wiring is still an ongoing project, and getting the switch panel up and running. The kit came with 100,200, 300, 400,500 jets. I was planning to do 150 jets, so I will need to pick them up or run a 200 shot. Hmmm, 200 does sound nice. Lol

Edit: I have changed my mind about dual tanks. I am not going to run one as a purge kit. I know I wil get two tanks for the track, but only one in the car at a time. I have order a LPE for retarding timing for safety. The Timing Retard capabilities of this unit LNC-2014 can be used to retard timing by up to 15 degrees. For nitrous oxide applications the timing retard can be activated using the dedicated timing retard activation input. This unit is a Lingenfelter product and I will activated via a +12v activation signal from a nitrous controller. This will be something I will have to workout with my tuner since it will be new to both of us.
Attached Images

SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 01-21-2018 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:02 PM   #185
BlackbeastSS2

Cleaned up the engine bay a bit. I still call my engine the Octopus, got some shorter NOS lines, I have started to redo my electrical system for NOS. I was not happy with come of my first attempt at it. So I got a separate 12volt fuse box, decided to mount all relays together and go out from that area. If I learned anything from this wiring project, soldering is the way to go which I now feel very confident doing it. Get all your items in the car and in the best possible position, I added a few then wired it and that was my mistake. Now everything is in position and I will put my fuse/relay board in the trunk and wire outwards from there. Makes sense, your ground and 12volt power are right next to fuse box so you will use less wire.

Will be adding my LPE timing retarding box after wiring is complete.

After wiring is done, last week of March will be my tune and test runs. Still planning E85, hopefully before dyno. Land lock and drag pack is nexts.
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2018, 11:54 PM   #186
Deakins

Drives: 2017 2ss, m6
I'd start really conservative on this one as the relatively high compression and a chamber not optimized for the nitrous will make the window pretty tight. Not saying it can't be done but if you're not an experienced nitrous guy it could end quickly with a burnt piston....unless you changed them they are not even fogred...
Deakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:04 PM   #187
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deakins View Post
I'd start really conservative on this one as the relatively high compression and a chamber not optimized for the nitrous will make the window pretty tight. Not saying it can't be done but if you're not an experienced nitrous guy it could end quickly with a burnt piston....unless you changed them they are not even fogred...
Well I have the LPE timing retard box, stand-alone fuel system, and the new machined ring for spraying down those nice long runners plus RPM start and cut out. I feel I have done my research and have a proper set-up, Air/fuel gauge. Not sure what else I can add beside a cooler plug which will be added on tuning day. Plan on doing 100/150/175/200 on dyno to see what numbers I come up with. Depending on what numbers I get on 150 and 175 will decide if to go ahead with the 200 shot.

You can burn a piston with the wrong fuel setting without NOS. My settings will be fine.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:34 PM   #188
KSA464

Drives: 2018 2SS
Love this car and fun to watch the progression. What killes me is that stupid front license plate!!! Arg, why some states have the dumb front plate law?! Just Kills me to see this.
KSA464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:00 PM   #189
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSA464 View Post
Love this car and fun to watch the progression. What killes me is that stupid front license plate!!! Arg, why some states have the dumb front plate law?! Just Kills me to see this.
I take off the front now and then. $180 ticket for no display. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:07 PM   #190
BlackbeastSS2

Sharing the knowledge:

I have started the redo of the electrical supply for the NOS. Just wanted a cleaner look, you would be surprised at what you think of when you leave a project alone for awhile then the light bulb turns on.

I placed my 12volt fuse box and cut off power button for 12 Volt power supply in the rear along side of the stand alone fuel system. The black plastic panel comes off so you can add the set up a lot easier then hanging over the trunk upside down. Anyone adding a NOS system this in my opinion is the place. I had to rejig the NOS panel switch plate and cut off a piece of it to fit in the place I final figured out was a suitable place.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2018, 02:52 PM   #191
EddieM92
Instagram- _2sslow_

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
What kind of power did you make with everything minus the NOS? Car looks amazing man trying to do a similar setup

2011 Camaro LT RS (Sold)
2011 Range Rover Sport HSE (Sold)
2016 Camaro 2SS NPP, TSP headers & Xpipe, Skid e85, CAI Intake, MSD IM, 95m TB, BigPowerRacing Tune, H&R Lowering springs, BMR sway bars
EddieM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:21 PM   #192
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieM92 View Post
What kind of power did you make with everything minus the NOS? Car looks amazing man trying to do a similar setup
Not finished yet. Still adding stuff. Waiting to add E85 within a month and then final test and tune. I will post up numbers on dyno and track in the not to distance future. No rush, taking my time to do it correct. Not my daily driver.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:37 PM   #193
BlackbeastSS2

Getting closer to finishing the Nitrous part of the build. I just purchased an automatic bottle opener valve, and I have a automatic thermostat for the bottle heater on order. Looking to get the tuner and dyno run this coming May and will be on the track shortly for some test runs.

Video

https://youtu.be/rd5Zd3TThp8
Old 05-20-2018, 03:15 AM   #194
BlackbeastSS2

Dyno and Tune booked for May 31st!!!
Test and Tune June
Starting making passes in June

With tuners input we decided to activate the two stepper with arming of course. He suggested we use the brake light to deactivate it, so we wired it into ECM PCM. So at the line when ready to go Rpm is set for 3000, let off the brake 2 step stops and NOS kicks in at set RPM. Thinking about Lethals line lock installed on his Camaro.

Added two new things. Auto opener and auto/pressure sensor heater.
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2018, 09:22 PM   #195
BlackbeastSS2

Car was at speed shop all day and still not finished. Everything is hooked up and working now and I had the tech double check the work that I have done. Appointment next Friday to finish the job. Need to regulate stand alone fuel with correct pressure, test NOS and Fuel lines for leaks. Then ready for Dyno and Tune.

Almost there, I see the finish line.
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2018, 03:35 PM   #196
Hyperlinkblue

Drives: 2017 1ss m6. Blue.....
interested to see this, you must have a really good tuner. These lt1's are prone to knock as it is.
Hyperlinkblue is offline   Reply With Quote