Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-17-2016, 11:40 PM   #15
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper1SS View Post
I have had both systems on my 5th Gen and do have to say I was more impressed with the Roto-Fab intake in performance and sound. It woke the Camaro up and the exhaust note change was more noticeable on it than the sealed top. Like I thought with the sealed top and the liner inside it would be better but in my opinion it wasn't. I am returning again to Roto-Fab because of the quality and looks. Also for the extra time they spent on getting things right for us.

Thanks for your thoughts on our CAI. It's nice to hear an unbias opinion from someone who has experience with different systems!
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #16
Roto-fab 1

For anyone concerned about the MAF changes when switching to our CAI,

A very knowledgeable forum member purchased our CAI and did extensive data logging over the weekend. He had this to say about the Roto-fab system:

"Quick update... I will post specifics later tonite.

So I would like to say great job to Rotofab. I am very impressed with not only the construction quality of their intake I am impressed at how accurate they kept the MAF output. The variation on AFR was sub 1% across the RPM band. This was data collected in MAF only mode in the ECM which really isolates the AFR from being influenced by other variables. I did 3rd gear runs (A8) from 1500 RPMs up to redline. The stock vs RF runs were within a couple hours of each other with minimal weather variation.

On the power front I was not on a dyno today but the one area that hints at a definite improvement is the MAP. I stays about 1 kPa higher across the RPM range over the stock intake. So as of right now I do expect to see a power increase of some level on the dyno."

Link to Tsloper's review thread here:http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465449

Thanks everyone for your interest and support!
Michael
Old 09-20-2016, 11:58 AM   #17
Roto-fab 1

Recent testing was done at Davenport Motorsports that showed the Roto-fab CAI gaining 40+ HP over stock on a supercharged Camaro SS. Though a 40 HP gain is not to be expected on a stock Camaro, it may give you an idea of how our CAI compares to the OEM system.

We will be posting the dyno sheet today.

Michael
Old 09-20-2016, 01:00 PM   #18
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Recent testing was done at Davenport Motorsports that showed the Roto-fab CAI gaining 40+ HP over stock on a supercharged Camaro SS. Though a 40 HP gain is not to be expected on a stock Camaro, it may give you an idea of how our CAI compares to the OEM system.

We will be posting the dyno sheet today.

Michael
Well this is encouraging for us SC owners! It looks like this could be a far better $/hp upgrade than headers for those with FI.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:25 AM   #19
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
Well this is encouraging for us SC owners! It looks like this could be a far better $/hp upgrade than headers for those with FI.
Absolutely! We're still looking forward to more 3rd party dyno validation on N/A cars as well.

Have a good evening,
Michael
Old 10-05-2016, 02:09 AM   #20
Roto-fab 1

2008 Corvette,

How is the search for the right CAI going? I would be glad to help out if you have any further questions!

Michael