#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-26-2019, 03:14 PM   #29
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnovrit View Post
I hated the look of the factory exhaust also. It was just cheap and crappy looking compared to the rest of the beautiful engineering and design on the car. I went with the Borla “s” type cat back. Sounds great and retained the NPP portion. I took it one step further and had the new system and remaining factory sections ceramic coated. My car spends a lot of time up on my lift so I see the underside more often than most people.
Wow, the underside of your car looks absolutely spectacular. Did you polish the aluminum braces?
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:53 PM   #30
Marcedward_907

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterelli View Post
I'm in the Borla ATAK cat-back NPP crowd. Absolutely love it. After some serious consideration into cost vs. reward, other options like Corsa, etc. I'm very pleased with my results of not being annoyingly loud, not droning, and sounding like a beast when I want it to. I thought it was expensive, but then I purchased exhaust for my new Panigale V4 S...which makes the Borla look like a steal of a deal! And the Borla was easier to install.

These opinions are the ones that really really get me leaning towards the Borla ATAK. Thank you so much.

Do you have secondary cats deleted?
Marcedward_907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:35 PM   #31
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
I have Borla ATAK and got it because I wanted the option to have a quieter exhaust. I have to say I basically never use the valves closed option, not because the valves open sounds so good (which it does) but because valves closed version isn't very quiet and just ends up sounding like a slightly quieter and inferior version of the valves open version.
In retrospect I wouldn't worry about the valves.