Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-02-2019, 10:18 PM   #29
Crawdog450

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
So I am not sure how that works. I had to hire a lawyer in the state I bought it in, which was Nevada.... It was cheaper than buying in Cali. I got the buy back offer letter after the lawyer send the demand for safety issue after the engine rebuilds, GM caved and offered me $87-90 for the car, I cant remember now. Per the state lemon law GM can charge you for miles. The buy back form even states that however they waived that cost 100% for me. Just as mentioned though, your miles are so Low it wont matter much. Now that offer also didn't include taxes paid or any extra warranty you might have paid for. Offers may vary too, I dont know. HOPE you get all the money back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crawdog450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:18 AM   #30
blackbee

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdog450 View Post
So I am not sure how that works. I had to hire a lawyer in the state I bought it in, which was Nevada.... It was cheaper than buying in Cali. I got the buy back offer letter after the lawyer send the demand for safety issue after the engine rebuilds, GM caved and offered me $87-90 for the car, I cant remember now. Per the state lemon law GM can charge you for miles. The buy back form even states that however they waived that cost 100% for me. Just as mentioned though, your miles are so Low it wont matter much. Now that offer also didn't include taxes paid or any extra warranty you might have paid for. Offers may vary too, I dont know. HOPE you get all the money back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They said if i choose a replacement car, GM will pay all the Gov fee which is tax and registration fees etc.
blackbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:58 AM   #31
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
That’s your green light to get a new Camaro! I say go for it!!
Old 10-03-2019, 03:10 PM   #32
striker1le

Drives: '17 M6 ZL1
I went through this a year back for my 2013 1LE. Since yours is a new car, Chevy will pay the entire amount you paid for the vehicle but you won't get the actual MSRP since you got discounts. They request all documents of vehicle's purchase.
Regarding the replacement or repurchase, that's your personal choice. If you think you've had it enough with the car, take the money. They cover any service costs you've incurred spending at the dealership too.
But if you're looking for a replacement, I believe you can ask what your replacement car looks like and any additional options you add on that car comes from your pocket. Since I went the repurchase route, I'm not entirely sure how the replacement works.
You might have the option to look at your replacement vehicle before taking a decision.
striker1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 04:15 PM   #33
Crawdog450

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Sounds like a new car!!! Should be easy choice if they offer a good buy back Go for it!!!!
Crawdog450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 06:17 PM   #34
blackbee

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2ss
Update:
My advisor just gave me a call says she is looking for a dealer that would like to host my car and depends on the dealer who would like to let me choose from their lot or order one. or gm gonna repurchase the car...
blackbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:25 PM   #35
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
My first 2012 Vert was over the days for Lemon Law just 3 months into ownership. GM offered a buyback or repurchase. I took the buyback cause everyone deserves a second chance. Basically it doesn't matter what you paid for a buyback, it is based on what your cars options are. I got the same car and options with the exception of color which I had to pay for. Anything additional added you pay for, subtracted, they owe you. And also, any payments made for the first car, apply to the second car. It is like a seemless transition that the first car never existed. Say you make 6 payements for the first car, that is 6 less you pay on the buyback car.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:29 PM   #36
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
Hey guys, just got a call from GM, said they approved to replace a vehicle or replacement. I don't know what to choose.

For replacing a new vehicle, they said they will get a comparable vehicle like the one I have. but my question is my car MSRP is 51k. But I got a BIG DISCOUNT when I purchased it. so will they do the same MSRP replacement or the deal I got when I signed the contract?

OR I JUST LET THEM BUY MY VECHLIE BACK ????
My experince is you will get the same deal percentage as your buyback car. (If not insist on it!!) But it will take months, so try to get a rental SS in the mean time and you will pay no tax on the new car. If you take the cash it can happen quick, but you pay tax on the next car.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:03 PM   #37
Hyperion

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
my headliner too and the wheels are bubbling/fading (the service manager at Novato Chevy told me they would not replace the wheels)

I got denied on my first try too. Went to another dealer and got approved. They sent pics of the wheels to GM and after a few weeks I got all four replaced. Honestly I would've been happy with just having them pay to refinish them.
Hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote