Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-14-2019, 11:20 PM   #1
Haoie

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary SS
Tips on negotiating for a 2017 2SS. (First time buying off a dealership)

Found these two 2017 2SS 50th anniversary edition both under 10K miles (8K and other at 1K miles) at 37K it was shown to be overpriced and when I checked the carfax value it's near 30K which was the ideal price OTD I wanted for the vehicle. I'm planning on emailing them about going to their dealership for a test drive but when negotiating the pricing what tactics should I use to get around the ideal 30K price range
Haoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:45 AM   #2
jeffm4688

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I was offered $29.5k trade on my 2016 with with 12k miles on it within the last month. Looking at my local cars.com it looks like there's a couple in the 32-33k range and thats on the absolute cheapest end of the spectrum. There really aren't tips for what you want to do, a dealer isn't going to drop his price 10k because you want him to. Carfax/KBB/etc don't buy cars so the value they say they're worth isn't useful. It it possible the 37k includes CPO ?

The best way to save money on the deal in general is simply to keep looking, if you've only found 2 cars you want within that range why only 2? The best way to beat a dealer down is to find a competing dealer selling the same car for less. Sometimes the first one will play ball and negotiate closer to where you want to be, and other times he'll tell you to go buy the car at the other dealer.
2018 M2 Exec - Current
jeffm4688 is offline   Reply With Quote