Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 03-15-2019, 12:31 PM   #29
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlarsen462 View Post
No offense but this is apologist bullshit. It's not his problem that she chose to:
  • Deliberately park next to him when it was clear he was trying to make some space.
  • Deny damage that was obviously the fault of her carelessness and called him an asshole.
  • Get pregnant if she can't afford to fix $200 worth of damage she caused.

Someone damages my property I couldn't care less what their circumstances are if they act like that when calmly confronted about it. Give me a break.

OP, I'm sorry you had to deal with that frustration but I admire your restraint.
No offense but that's why people don't give a shit about others property, because they know that the other don't give a shit as well.

If you start caring for people are you, and everybody were doing the same, this situation would never happen.

I am not saying she was right, but there's a way to react and deal about it

Op did it right by being calm. She was wrong by giving him shit. Op can go to court and claim for the repair, no need of the police.

If we all keep being selfish, then those situations will happen more and more. Don't go crazy about thinking for the others, there's a good in between.
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:32 PM   #30
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintyre1969 View Post
That pregnant lady has a pair of brass balls, lol
She was Russian (or some Eastern European) and had a strong accent. I'm sure she is tough as hell and that's where it comes from.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:33 PM   #31
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_QC View Post
Op can go to court and claim for the repair, no need of the police.
Yeah, I'm not doing that.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:41 PM   #32
rlarsen462
Sell Low, Buy High

Drives: 2022 ZLE, 2023 ZLE (Inbound)
Well on the bright side, I'm sure she'll be raising that kid to be just as garbage as she is.

I'm also not saying OP did anything wrong at all, it's not like you can start beating a pregnant woman in a grocery store parking lot without spending a lot of time in prison.

I was only saying that trying to be compassionate and ask her if everything is okay, etc. after she essentially deliberately damaged his property is like asking if someone hurt their hand after they punched you in the face.
rlarsen462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:17 PM   #33
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
The wash I use is a quality wash that I've been using for years. I guess I'm lucky to have that up here.
Yes, an ethical businessman will run a quality business. You are lucky.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:44 PM   #34
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
I got a ding on the passenger door at a cruise-in two years ago. An elderly gentleman with some health issues in a 5th gen Camaro convertible, no less, parked too close and hit my car getting out. I didn't make a big deal about it because of the gentleman's age and health.

I use an independent contractor for paintless dent repair. I've used him about a half-dozen times over the years to fix dents and scratches on all my cars when the paint is still intact. He does a great job. Fixed the ding on my passenger door for $50 and I tipped him $25. You'd never know the door was ever hit. Unless the dent is huge, $200 seems a little steep. You may want to get some other estimates.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:42 PM   #35
BlackKnight2SS18
Account Suspended

Drives: 2018 2SS Redline
People are trash. Period. It’s only getting worse.

I’ve been involved in several incidents similar to the original post. I’ll park in the middle of the lines, out in the middle of nowhere or in a corner spot (only one side exposed)... and dollars to doughnuts, some jackhole will park over the line way too close to me.

Karma is a biatch. And if she would’ve done that to me and I saw it... time for a little street justice. Just saying... Maybe some keyed in racing stripes you could add to her VW as a nice fu too?

Last edited by BlackKnight2SS18; 03-16-2019 at 01:56 AM.
BlackKnight2SS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:16 PM   #36
kaz1961

Drives: 2018 RS
Hopefully the baby is huge with a wide head and broad shoulders!
kaz1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:36 PM   #37
red6.2

Drives: 2010 camaro
what i learned is that no one will take care of your property more than you do (this includes husband, wife, kids, friends, cousins whatever. People are assholes and i don't know why. A camaro is on the same level as a ferrari but people hate on you and assume you got big bucks because you have a nice car and they drive a toyota corolla. See if you attempt to fix the ding and scratch on your behalf then you will have to invest 200 or more dollars to fix the damage that you didn't cause in the first place! and that is not gonna add value to your car on the long run. As much as i hate to say this and it sucks but its best to leave it as is because its only a matter of time before someone else dings or scratches the car again.
red6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:00 PM   #38
Captain J

Drives: 2017 V6 RS Covertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
I decided to tread lightly in the moment. Last thing I needed was the cops to show up to find me abusing the car of some innocent pregnant lady.

I've got the plate number ingrained in my mind.
She is NOT innocent by any stretch of the imagination and by your own admission, that plate number did you no good at all.
Captain J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:04 PM   #39
Captain J

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1961 View Post
Hopefully the baby is huge with a wide head and broad shoulders!
And the kid comes out already named: Karma.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:11 PM   #40
Captain J

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6.2 View Post
what i learned is that no one will take care of your property more than you do (this includes husband, wife, kids, friends, cousins whatever. People are assholes and i don't know why. A camaro is on the same level as a ferrari but people hate on you and assume you got big bucks because you have a nice car and they drive a toyota corolla. See if you attempt to fix the ding and scratch on your behalf then you will have to invest 200 or more dollars to fix the damage that you didn't cause in the first place! and that is not gonna add value to your car on the long run. As much as i hate to say this and it sucks but its best to leave it as is because its only a matter of time before someone else dings or scratches the car again.
About 10 yrs ago I owned a BMW 328ix. I was backing into a parking space when a shit ton of kids pile out of the mini van behind me. I stop dead because I can't see where all the kids were. The father says to me "what's wrong? Why did you stop? Since you drive a BMW, If you hit one of the kids I'd just sue your ass and retire a rich man."
Old 03-15-2019, 11:43 PM   #41
red6.2

Drives: 2010 camaro
Man I really need to start wearing my classes when typing haha. What I meant was that Camaro will never be on the same level as Ferrari but people assume you have money because you drive a nice car. It’s a sick world we live in.
red6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:27 AM   #42
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspitler View Post
I'd be careful with the car wash. I have a 2017 Cadillac XT5 also. I had, key word, had one of those subscriptions at a local franchised car wash. After a few months I noticed the clear coat coming off the wheels. I brought it up to the manager of the car wash and he informed me that they use a very aggressive wheel cleaner and they don't take into consideration the various types of wheel finishes. They're looking to get the brake dust off. Period. And they are not responsible for damages. So I ended up taking it to Cadillac and they replaced all four wheels. Needless to say, I cancelled my subscription and haven't been back since.
Same kinda thing with the satin black OEM wheels. I used some brand name wheel cleaner and general purpose cleaner and the clear coat started to come off. The dealer got GM to replace them but they made me promise to use nothing more than car wash soap on them after that.

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote