Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 03-15-2019, 08:53 AM   #1
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
First door ding

I've owned my brand new Camaro for a total of 12 days now. I've been meticulous about how and where I park and it gets run through the wash on a daily basis. I take care of my stuff and have pride in it, naturally.

Yesterday on my way home from work, I stop at the grocery store. I park, as usual, at the back of the lot with 10+ spaces between me and the next car in any direction. I'm in the store for five minutes, and when I come out I see a blue 2017 Volkswagen Beetle 1.8T parked right next to me. Sure enough, I take a look and see a ding. It's a shallow dent with the smallest of scratches to go with it.

I wait in the car until the owner of the Beetle comes out. Turns out, it's a younger pregnant women. I remain calm, understanding that I cant raise my voice or seem threatening in any way here, or any confrontation could turn out ugly for me. I calmly speak to her and say "hey, i think you might have dinged my car." She got irate. I showed how her door opens up and matches right to the ding. She called me an a-hole, said it'd be her word against mine, and drove off. Really rubbed me the wrong way.

I ended up deciding to call the cops and file a report. I had her plate number and pictures of everything. The cop said that there was nothing really that they could do. Cameras in the parking lot suck and/or are broken, wasn't enough paint missing for there to be any on her car, so no way to prove anything. He felt bad for me, but we had to leave it at that.

I have an appointment with the Dent Wizzard tomorrow morning. Shouldnt take more than a couple hundred bucks to get it looking like new again. Honestly, if the woman fessed up to it and was apologetic, I would have let it go and parted ways with her with a "stuff happens" mentality. After all, it's just $200. But her attitude really rubbed me the wrong way.

Really hoping that the Dent Wizzard can push it out and I can buff out the scratch. It's a very, very shallow scratch and very small in size. I need to be able to make it look like new again. It was so incredibly demoralizing. I felt like crap until this morning, when I got in the car and stretched my 30 minute commute into a 75 minute commute, and arrived with a smile.

People, man. Ignorant bastards.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:04 AM   #2
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I feel. Being In a very small percent of people who actually drive a 6th gen SS (which is hardly anyone where I live) people stare at the car like its a rare exotic. I bought a dash camera with motion sensors for this very reason. Hope all goes well for you my friend.
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:28 AM   #3
Reaper_HWK

Drives: None yet
I don't get why that car parked next to you if you are obviously parked far away in the corner by yourself? That is messed up.

I personally get it, if I see a car parked away(no matter what it is) I'll respect that and not get up next to that car.

Sometimes, when I'm driving a beater, and I do see an a-hole that is parked across more than one spot I would purposely park right next to them. I won't ding there door but I'd get CLOSE. lol
Reaper_HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:31 AM   #4
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Boy that sucks! Karma down the road for her tho.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:32 AM   #5
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
Forget the ding, you run your car through a car wash everyday?
Old 03-15-2019, 09:51 AM   #6
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
I feel. Being In a very small percent of people who actually drive a 6th gen SS (which is hardly anyone where I live) people stare at the car like its a rare exotic. I bought a dash camera with motion sensors for this very reason. Hope all goes well for you my friend.
Which one did you get? I’ve been looking for a good one for my car.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:52 AM   #7
zts1986
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper_HWK View Post
I don't get why that car parked next to you if you are obviously parked far away in the corner by yourself? That is messed up.

I personally get it, if I see a car parked away(no matter what it is) I'll respect that and not get up next to that car.

Sometimes, when I'm driving a beater, and I do see an a-hole that is parked across more than one spot I would purposely park right next to them. I won't ding there door but I'd get CLOSE. lol
Yeah, I'd understand that. But I park within the lines.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:53 AM   #8
zts1986
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfuel View Post
Forget the ding, you run your car through a car wash everyday?
Not every single day, but close to it, in the winter time. I despise road salt. It's a nice, high-quality wash and have been doing it with my vehicles for nearly six years now. I have a monthly pass for $19.99.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:55 AM   #9
ItsChristianInHD

To the OP that sucks man. I had 2 dents in my car taken out, one was a crease the other was a good dent. I hate people. It never fails you can park 2 miles away from people and some jackass will park next too you and it never fails.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:07 AM   #10
Jim50thSS

Drives: 50th SS Convertible
I don't get the going after people that double park. Maybe if the lot is full or something. Really pisses me off, is that I park out in the middle of nowhere and come out and people park right next me, with many empty spaces closer available.
I have a nice car and its 2 doors take a lot of space to get kids in the backseat. Sometimes I think about double parking, but figure some jack wagon would decide to purposely park tight next to it or even dent it. I just don't understand what is so wrong about double parking in a nearly empty lot, or why purposely damaging a vehicle is justified. If you have a problem call the police or the parking lot security and have them write a ticket.
Jim50thSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:12 AM   #11
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
Not every single day, but close to it, in the winter time. I despise road salt. It's a nice, high-quality wash and have been doing it with my vehicles for nearly six years now. I have a monthly pass for $19.99.
Good man. I wash mine every week at the minimum in the winter. I’m sure you guys get more snow than I do, but, still. Cars are better made for rust protection but still you have to wash them. Hopefully it’s touchless, don’t let those brush ones touch you’re car.

Last edited by ItsChristianInHD; 03-15-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:28 AM   #12
Reaper_HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim50thSS View Post
I don't get the going after people that double park. Maybe if the lot is full or something. Really pisses me off, is that I park out in the middle of nowhere and come out and people park right next me, with many empty spaces closer available.
I have a nice car and its 2 doors take a lot of space to get kids in the backseat. Sometimes I think about double parking, but figure some jack wagon would decide to purposely park tight next to it or even dent it. I just don't understand what is so wrong about double parking in a nearly empty lot, or why purposely damaging a vehicle is justified. If you have a problem call the police or the parking lot security and have them write a ticket.
My take is this.

If someone double parks, period, you are somehow saying you're special. Why doesn't everyone get to double park?

And if the lot is empty, park in a spot(one spot) all the way in the back. That's what I do. There is no reason in an empty lot to double park.

And NO I do not damage anyone's car that double parks, but, there are ppl out there who might. I think if you want to protect your car, don't double park. Some redneck in a bad mood might smash your mirror off or something.

https://twentytwowords.com/35-hilari...l-parking-job/
Old 03-15-2019, 10:36 AM   #13
Reaper_HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
Doesn't all that machine washing swirl your paint to shit?
Old 03-15-2019, 10:37 AM   #14
ljc

Drives: 2ss Nightfall Grey
zts1986, I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. Hopefully, it can be repaired to look new again.
ljc is offline   Reply With Quote