Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 04-16-2019, 01:12 PM   #29
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
clay it , light polish and then collinite 845....stuff is indestructibe, 2coats....
yes, the other way is going to take up too much time and will be a headache.
I enjoy it now, but if I have to spend hours on one car every month, I will hate it.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:24 PM   #30
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
I use meguiar's gold class soap.

The reason I ask is I've been using meguiars gold class soap & ultimate wax on my honda, since I bought it new. I did have it "paint corrected" by a pro, prior to this regimen.
I dont have any swirls or anything but I was claying the car today after washing it clean. There was a ton of crap embedded in the paint/remaining wax, that appeared on the clay bar. I really keep this car super clean. Its always spotless and waxed regularly.

For being a bit OCD in keeping the honda so clean, I am shocked at how much grime has accumulated while using a reputed pH neutral soap and a decent wax (IMHO).
EDIT: The maximum I have gone without re-waxing this car has been about 7-8 weeks.

So, should I be claying more than once in 6-8 months? Because pH neutral doesnt seem to clean away all the grime the car collects. And this is not the daily driver, mostly sits in a garage. Its only been driven about 5500 miles.

I am not looking forward to claying the camaro. That car has seen 10k miles in the past year and sits outside a lot more than the honda.
I used to LOVE gold class soap, until I realized it does leave its own film on the car. You want CLEAN/Safe use carpro RESET. not too strong and leave no film like gold class.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:32 PM   #31
franksredhot

Drives: 2016 Red Hot Camaro 1SS A8
Glen, I'm using Collinite and I like it. But isn't it just a type of carnauba wax? I heard some call it a sealant.
franksredhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:47 PM   #32
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
It’s what they call a hybrid wax, meeting it it’s got some artificial polymers and it mixes them with carnuba, is the best thing to use in terrible winter weather where you’re going to use the car. I don’t use it , because it’s a bitch to buff off.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:02 PM   #33
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
Trivia question.Is anybody old enough to remember "Blue Coral" sold by GM.Was a 2 step process and a son of a bitch to buff off.
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote