Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-22-2019, 12:24 PM   #15
mrgoodbytes

Drives: '18 2SS/EU (+Recaros) M6 Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by retmil View Post
Sorry for the delay in answering - there is no issue when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd.

Is auto rev-match enabled? If so have you tried disabling it and see if this changes anything.
mrgoodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:22 PM   #16
retmil

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry SS
Rev-match is disabled.
retmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #17
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
As you noted if you don't granny and otherwise short shift it it performs much better. The car is telling you that you're wrong but people just don't listen they like to blame anything but themselves.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:02 PM   #18
Whocares05050

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcanuck View Post
Which one works better? I am do for a change and want to use the right stuff
Synchromax is better and my 2nd gear issues went away overnight.

The max atf is garbage.
Whocares05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:58 AM   #19
70chevelleSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1970 chevelle SS
May not be relevant but my old man’s 2017 scat pack 6 speed had the transmission completely replaced by dodge due to 2nd gear issues. It was extremely difficult to get into 2nd. This wasn’t cags, it had synchro issues. This was at like 8k miles.
70chevelleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:15 PM   #20
Denmanman4

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
So I’m a little over 40k miles.... just recently it started doing the second gear issue you guys have been talking about. I switched to the royal purple synchromax and it is a lot smoother throughout all the gears but when it’s real cold it will still do the occasional grind into second. But that’s been during sub 40 degree mornings and if I let the car warm up for about 5 min it seems less likely to do it.
Denmanman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:30 PM   #21
T Rex

Drives: '17 Hyper Blue RS, NPP, 6MT
I personally experience a lot of resistance trying to get shifter into 2nd gear position from a down shift or from neutral. No problem if I rev match it beforehand, no problem with upshifts and other gears are fine. Dealer says it feels normal...lol
T Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:44 PM   #22
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
I had the 1-2 shift issue when cold as well. First few shifts into second were a challenge, first shift was almost impossible.
Once warmed up it was better but you could still tell 1 to 2 was not a happy move.
Didn't act that way when the car was new, but over time it seemed to get more moody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
Synchromax is better and my 2nd gear issues went away overnight.

The max atf is garbage.
I finally got around to changing the trans fluid at a little over 11k miles, swapped out to the RP Syncromax.

Day and night difference.
My first 1-2 shift is like nothing.
Completely smoothed out the feel of the trans and all shifts.

I had tried the RP before in a T56 and wasn't impressed, felt the same, no smoother, but in this trans I am sold.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:46 PM   #23
retmil

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry SS
I switched to RP some time ago and still having the same issue with hard 1st to 2nd shifts unless I shift at around 4k RPM.
retmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:31 AM   #24
Z28GTOSSMike

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS
I have found that during first couple of shifts to second when car is cold and I am babying it, if I grab neutral completely...not just passing by it...before grabbing second it will go in smoothly every time. Almost like skip shift is activated but not displayed on the dash. Since I am very easy on it when cold taking the extra 1/2 second to grab neutral is not a big deal. Once it is warmed up and I am driving normal it is not an issue.
Z28GTOSSMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:39 PM   #25
thebanks06

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Had same problem, but with 4th, ended up needing a new synchro
thebanks06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:08 PM   #26
fahimghaffar

Drives: 2018 Camaro ss
I have a 2018 camaro ss

I am having same 2nd gear issue. One the customer got it fixed and found out that is a defective transmission housing. Here is the link to the video. https://youtu.be/FxngwiF7_Wg

GM knows about it but they are telling their dealer to tell customers that it is normal. Everybody, we need to report this issue to NHTSA.gov. Here is the link for that https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

All these camaoros have defected transmision housing which is causing multiple symtoms. For example, hard to shift to 2nd when upshift or downsift, 2nd gear popping out and shift into neutral, missing 2nd gear and sometime grinding.
I spoke to 2 dealers and they both have different openion. One says that i need skip shift eliminater and the other one says that it is normal to have symtoms like that also Advised me not to use the 2nd gear. Which is bad beacuse we spent a fortune buying this car and then we are unable the use 2nd gear.

Please everybody, go NHTSA website and file a complain because they are not going to fix it until government institution files a lawsuit against GM.
fahimghaffar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:40 PM   #27
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
When the engine is cold, I double clutch into second and all is smooth and good. If I don't its very notchy and difficult to get into second.
However, once warm I have no problems, or even on hot days it shifts just fine.
Try double clutching into second and see if that helps.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:17 AM   #28
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
replace your brake fluid too. that can cause 2nd gear issues too. manual cars brake fluid should be replaced every year if you ask me.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote