Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


JUICEDMOTORSPORTS


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2021, 10:01 PM   #1
Village Idiot
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 22
Finally back in a GM vehicle from the dark side

3 weeks ago I made a huge mistake and bought a.... 2017 Mustang GT... I got it home and regretted it pretty quickly and found myself still looking at Camaros, even though I literally just bought the Mustang. So, today I went and picked up a Camaro. My first car was a 3rd gen Z28 so it's nice to be back in one 10 years later. I lost my ass on the Mustang trade in and loan, but I got an alright deal on the Camaro to make up for it. 2019 1SS, 12k miles, CPO, 1-owner, $35.3k OTD. Only option I knew I wanted was NPP, I didn't care about anything else.

First impressions:

- How is the Camaro not outselling the Mustang? I had the base model GT and now 1SS and the Camaro blows it out of the water on everything. Someone at GM needs to be punched in the forehead for poor marketing or something.

- It's nice to have a car with balls under 4k RPM again. And not sounding like a raspy 350z.

- Visibility isn't as bad as I expected compared to what a lot of people say online and during reviews. Besides the rear windshield I see out of the Camaro better oddly enough, especially over the hood. And I like this seating position so much more.

- The A10 is awesome. I typically always had a manual in my toys and didn't think I'd like the A10 but gave it a test drive anyway. So glad I did, because there's no way I'd ever come close to shifting that fast and smooth. GM/Ford did a good job there. Only downside is I can't push in the clutch and easily be obnoxious.

- These cars are thirsty as hell.

But here she is. Got her home earlier this evening and put away for the rest of winter. Already have wheels ordered and thinking about doing suspension so it handles a little better. I don't want to go too overboard though and void any warranties.

Also have to replace the middle fascia piece to a 2020/2021 model year. The bowtie placement is awful, that's priority #1.
Attached Images
 
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:13 PM   #2
ThirdGenNut
 
ThirdGenNut's Avatar
 
Drives: 2020 LT1
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
3 weeks ago I made a huge mistake and bought a.... 2017 Mustang GT... I got it home and regretted it pretty quickly and found myself still looking at Camaros, even though I literally just bought the Mustang. So, today I went and picked up a Camaro. My first car was a 3rd gen Z28 so it's nice to be back in one 10 years later. I lost my ass on the Mustang trade in and loan, but I got an alright deal on the Camaro to make up for it. 2019 1SS, 12k miles, CPO, 1-owner, $35.3k OTD. Only option I knew I wanted was NPP, I didn't care about anything else.

First impressions:

- How is the Camaro not outselling the Mustang? I had the base model GT and now 1SS and the Camaro blows it out of the water on everything. Someone at GM needs to be punched in the forehead for poor marketing or something.

- It's nice to have a car with balls under 4k RPM again. And not sounding like a raspy 350z.

- Visibility isn't as bad as I expected compared to what a lot of people say online and during reviews. Besides the rear windshield I see out of the Camaro better oddly enough, especially over the hood. And I like this seating position so much more.

- The A10 is awesome. I typically always had a manual in my toys and didn't think I'd like the A10 but gave it a test drive anyway. So glad I did, because there's no way I'd ever come close to shifting that fast and smooth. GM/Ford did a good job there. Only downside is I can't push in the clutch and easily be obnoxious.

- These cars are thirsty as hell.

But here she is. Got her home earlier this evening and put away for the rest of winter. Already have wheels ordered and thinking about doing suspension so it handles a little better. I don't want to go too overboard though and void any warranties.

Also have to replace the middle fascia piece to a 2020/2021 model year. The bowtie placement is awful, that's priority #1.
Congrats!

media is the problem not gm.
300 ft/lbs at 1k!
mirrors are tiny but just right!
people say the tranny is great... well 450hp/450tq means you are never in the wrong gear!
30 mpg is fair in any car on the highyway!
springs make it look soo good!
ikon has a zl1 facia for under $500

Welcome!
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 11:30 PM   #3
DC5
 
Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Arizona
Posts: 596
Congratulations on your new purchase, and welcome back from the dark side.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 11:31 PM   #4
Realist

 
Realist's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Red 6sp
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chitown Burbs
Posts: 867
Looks great and congrats! Gonna put the bowtie in the right place too, good to hear.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 11:57 PM   #5
Kratz74
 
Drives: None yet
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Alabama
Posts: 16
Well you didn’t have a current Stang and went with the weaker 5.0. Why? Didn’t you know the 18+ are the stronger stangs which stock are a tad faster than a camaro? Why did you buy a 17 stang?
Kratz74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:00 AM   #6
Village Idiot
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratz74 View Post
Well you didnít have a current Stang and went with the weaker 5.0. Why? Didnít you know the 18+ are the stronger stangs which stock are a tad faster than a camaro? Why did you buy a 17 stang?
I'm aware, the facelift kind of reminds me of the catfish Camaros and I wasn't a fan of it at all. Then after buying it I realized just how clunky the MT-82 transmission is, how awful the base head unit really is for a 2017 model car, the trumpet exhaust note started to drive me nuts, and the seating position was pretty bad for me (this could probably be chalked up to me being shaped disproportionately and not the car).

So I don't see what the S550 hype is all about, it was an expensive lesson learned but oh well.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:49 AM   #7
ninetres

 
ninetres's Avatar
 
Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cencal
Posts: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratz74 View Post
Well you didnít have a current Stang and went with the weaker 5.0. Why? Didnít you know the 18+ are the stronger stangs which stock are a tad faster than a camaro? Why did you buy a 17 stang?
18+ GT are faster than an SS? Guess I never paid close enough attention. I would have bet on the camaro.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 02:43 AM   #8
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso
 
ModernCamaroZ28Fan's Avatar
 
Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In your trunk
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
18+ GT are faster than an SS? Guess I never paid close enough attention. I would have bet on the camaro.
Depends on the driver, trims, and transmission.
__________________

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 08:14 AM   #9
gtfoxy

 
gtfoxy's Avatar
 
Drives: '19 Red Hot ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: WI
Posts: 1,431
Congrats on the new ride.

More bottom end power on these heavier newer Gen cars (not just the Camaro) is very noticeable on day to day driving.
__________________
Itís an Auto, because reasons & shit.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:03 AM   #10
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe
 
Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,333
I am glad you repented from your sin, brother.....
__________________
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:24 AM   #11
BluePhoenix


 
BluePhoenix's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 3,001
Congrats! Great color choice!
__________________
2019 Camaro 2SS, Summit White A10, NPP, ZL1 Spoiler, OEM 2nd Gen Carbon Flash Ground Effects, Red Hash Stripes


Looking to buy: 2010 Camaro SS ABM L99/A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:26 AM   #12
L78toLT1

 
L78toLT1's Avatar
 
Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: North Ga
Posts: 1,299
Congrats! You certainly showed those haters on your SS vs SS1LE thread lol!
__________________
Baby Blue
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels/6 piston Brembo's/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson Heartbeat with 85mm pulley/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/Skidmark Garage E85 Sensor/JRE Smooth Idle Cam/GPI piston/rod kit /APR main, head, balancer bolts/Kooks 1 7/8 headers with high flow cats/JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:48 AM   #13
Redlinez
Shifts under load
 
Redlinez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Fuquay-Varina, NC
Posts: 1,088
Congrats! Funny thing. I traded my 2015 Mustang GT with catted lt's, JLT CAI, and PB dyno tune and could not believe how much better the Camaro felt. I bought another one in March 2020. I get 20-20.8 mpg daily driving and 25-27 highway, depending on how fast I go. Under 70 always yields the best MPG.
The only way the Mustang ever felt "fast" to me was at WOT, which I hardly ever do for too many reasons.
__________________
17 Camaro SS-1SS 6m white-traded in 3/27/20
20 Camaro 1SS 1LE- rally green metallic, PDR
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 03:01 PM   #14
Malbjey
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro RS
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
I'm aware, the facelift kind of reminds me of the catfish Camaros and I wasn't a fan of it at all. Then after buying it I realized just how clunky the MT-82 transmission is, how awful the base head unit really is for a 2017 model car, the trumpet exhaust note started to drive me nuts, and the seating position was pretty bad for me (this could probably be chalked up to me being shaped disproportionately and not the car).

So I don't see what the S550 hype is all about, it was an expensive lesson learned but oh well.



Oh man nobody talks about this when it comes to base model Mustangs. Ford is still using that shitty head unit today.


It is so bad. I know people like to say 'I don't care about infotainment!' but the base unit is a ****ing disgrace.



See here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/thr...-radio.107007/
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.