Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack


JUICEDMOTORSPORTS


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2021, 11:37 AM   #1
PROMETHEUS

 
Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 1,038
Tirerack Closeout

Happy New Year Everyone,

Just a note, Tirerack has the GYSC3s 305/30/20s on close-out for $215.40. If anyone is interested.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 11:48 AM   #2
gtfoxy

 
gtfoxy's Avatar
 
Drives: '19 Red Hot ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: WI
Posts: 1,431
Don’t they do this every so often to refresh new stock?

Thought I remember something about the rubber compound getting harder or something along those lines.
__________________
Itís an Auto, because reasons & shit.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 11:52 AM   #3
CW3SF
 
CW3SF's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Denver
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Donít they do this every so often to refresh new stock?

Thought I remember something about the rubber compound getting harder or something along those lines.
That could happen if the tires were stored in an uncontrolled environment. That isnít the case here. Tire rack warehouses are climate controlled. These tires are essentially as good as newly manufactured.
__________________
On the Korn JRE Tuned, Rotofab, Soler TB, AWE link pipes and AWE Touring catback, JRE FlexFuel kit, JMS PowerMax Booster and ADMv2 Reservoir.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 11:53 AM   #4
PROMETHEUS

 
Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Donít they do this every so often to refresh new stock?

Thought I remember something about the rubber compound getting harder or something along those lines.
They do it about every 3-6 months. I have purchased 2 sets this way and have never had a problem and I track the car alot! Tirerack's warehouses are climate controlled.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 11:56 AM   #5
Redlinez
Shifts under load
 
Redlinez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Fuquay-Varina, NC
Posts: 1,088
Too bad the fronts aren't available. I recently bought S007A's through them.
__________________
17 Camaro SS-1SS 6m white-traded in 3/27/20
20 Camaro 1SS 1LE- rally green metallic, PDR
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 12:03 PM   #6
gtfoxy

 
gtfoxy's Avatar
 
Drives: '19 Red Hot ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: WI
Posts: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
That could happen if the tires were stored in an uncontrolled environment. That isnít the case here. Tire rack warehouses are climate controlled. These tires are essentially as good as newly manufactured.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
They do it about every 3-6 months. I have purchased 2 sets this way and have never had a problem and I track the car alot! Tirerack's warehouses are climate controlled.
OK.

I donít need them yet, but what conditions do they need to be kept at?

My shop stays no colder than 55deg. I donít have any kind of crazy humidity control there.
__________________
Itís an Auto, because reasons & shit.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 12:09 PM   #7
L78toLT1

 
L78toLT1's Avatar
 
Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: North Ga
Posts: 1,299
Thanks for the heads-up Prometheus! I order a set every time they do this. It would be nice if they would notify repeat customers via email. I still have one set in what my wife referrs to ad the Elliott tire warehouse, but I'll be needing those after my Jan 16 - 17 track day.
__________________
Baby Blue
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels/6 piston Brembo's/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson Heartbeat with 85mm pulley/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/Skidmark Garage E85 Sensor/JRE Smooth Idle Cam/GPI piston/rod kit /APR main, head, balancer bolts/Kooks 1 7/8 headers with high flow cats/JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 01:07 PM   #8
PROMETHEUS

 
Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
Thanks for the heads-up Prometheus! I order a set every time they do this. It would be nice if they would notify repeat customers via email. I still have one set in what my wife referrs to ad the Elliott tire warehouse, but I'll be needing those after my Jan 16 - 17 track day.
You are most welcome! I do the same thing regardless whether I need them or not!
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 01:10 PM   #9
PROMETHEUS

 
Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
OK.

I donít need them yet, but what conditions do they need to be kept at?

My shop stays no colder than 55deg. I donít have any kind of crazy humidity control there.
I store mine in the basement during the winter months. It is usually stays 70+ there. I would think, as long as it doesn't freeze, you should be alright.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 01:49 PM   #10
Tim M
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 568
PROMETHEUS: Thanks for posting...I was waiting for it!
__________________
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 02:59 PM   #11
L78toLT1

 
L78toLT1's Avatar
 
Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: North Ga
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
PROMETHEUS: Thanks for posting...I was waiting for it!
There's a radio button you can click somewhere in the checkout process to get notified of future closeout deals. I suppose I missed that on my last couple of purchases.
__________________
Baby Blue
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels/6 piston Brembo's/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson Heartbeat with 85mm pulley/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/Skidmark Garage E85 Sensor/JRE Smooth Idle Cam/GPI piston/rod kit /APR main, head, balancer bolts/Kooks 1 7/8 headers with high flow cats/JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:37 AM   #12
4sfed4
 
4sfed4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2021 Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: FL
Posts: 38
Dang.....I would love a set of those for my LT1, but my anemic 8.5 inch wheels will certainly not suffice :-).
4sfed4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 02:19 PM   #13
FarmerFran

 
FarmerFran's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy Camaro SS - M6
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Earth
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sfed4 View Post
Dang.....I would love a set of those for my LT1, but my anemic 8.5 inch wheels will certainly not suffice :-).
they will sell you a set of wheels and mount/balance them also
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:37 PM   #14
redsoxjaz
 
redsoxjaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2021 2SS-1LE-A10
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 8
I just got my 1LE so I have no need for tires but I am not oblivious to the fact I will need replacements often. What is the typical "normal" price for these?

On my end Tire Rack has the fronts at $260.22 and the rears at $292.84. Perhaps the closeout sale is over?
redsoxjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.