Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-24-2020, 06:51 PM   #15
sssofla

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS convertible
Manual Only CV 2020 SS

So I will be taking my 2020 SS in for the same error, manual operation only, for the third time in 3 months. The dealer tells me it is happening because I put too much in the trunk. Seems like a lame excuse for at least 2 reasons: 1) I don't put much in the trunk, mainly my tennis bag and groceries couple times a week, and 2) it shouldn't matter. Its a daily driver, granted a somewhat beastly one, and have to be able to use the trunk. I treat the car very gently, including when I I have to use the trunk.

I've checked all the connections listed in the threads I've read and everything looks fine.
So, does anyone know which of the parts may be faulty and causing the error code? Is it possible to get a scanner and clear them myself?
For a bit of background, I bought it used 4 months ago. It is certified but it was a rental car, so I don't know what could may have happened to it before I got it.
Any ideas?
sssofla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:48 AM   #16
Ssvertlife

Drives: 2017 Silver SS Convertible
Mine was in the shop for a week. They fixed it. So far so good. They said they had to realignment the top and replace the switch(fwd & backwards button on the ceiling) that makes the top recline. Mine had got stuck in the close position and wouldn’t lock into the closed position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssofla View Post
So I will be taking my 2020 SS in for the same error, manual operation only, for the third time in 3 months. The dealer tells me it is happening because I put too much in the trunk. Seems like a lame excuse for at least 2 reasons: 1) I don't put much in the trunk, mainly my tennis bag and groceries couple times a week, and 2) it shouldn't matter. Its a daily driver, granted a somewhat beastly one, and have to be able to use the trunk. I treat the car very gently, including when I I have to use the trunk.

I've checked all the connections listed in the threads I've read and everything looks fine.
So, does anyone know which of the parts may be faulty and causing the error code? Is it possible to get a scanner and clear them myself?
For a bit of background, I bought it used 4 months ago. It is certified but it was a rental car, so I don't know what could may have happened to it before I got it.
Any ideas?
Ssvertlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:30 PM   #17
sssofla

was it the same error code? aligning the top seems major but whatever it takes. Did you have to really convince them/ force them to fix it? It seems like the dealership I took it to was unwilling to do anything more than blame me for the problem.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:16 AM   #18
Ssvertlife

Yea I took to one dealership and it sat a whole week because they didn’t know how to fix it and couldn’t figure out the problem. I also took to other dealerships and they didn’t work on it because they didn’t have certified techs that work on convertibles. So what I learned is that you have to call these dealerships beforehand and ask them do they have Techs that have convertible experience before booking a appointment.

Quote:
was it the same error code? aligning the top seems major but whatever it takes. Did you have to really convince them/ force them to fix it? It seems like the dealership I took it to was unwilling to do anything more than blame me for the problem.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:21 AM   #19
Ssvertlife

Also I have to add that I had to pay out of pocket because my bumper to bumper expired January this year smh.
Old 12-20-2020, 07:36 PM   #20
sssofla

so, it turns out my convertible issue was a "misaligned sensor". What I did find out is you have to ask if dealer if they have mechanic with a lot of experience with the convertibles. I finally found one in Fort Lauderdale (Phil Smith has a guy) after taking it to 2 other dealers (shall go nameless) who could only reset code but not fix problem.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:34 AM   #21
Ssvertlife

Did they tell you a way you can reset it yourself? I’m having the same problem again

Quote:
so, it turns out my convertible issue was a "misaligned sensor". What I did find out is you have to ask if dealer if they have mechanic with a lot of experience with the convertibles. I finally found one in Fort Lauderdale (Phil Smith has a guy) after taking it to 2 other dealers (shall go nameless) who could only reset code but not fix problem.
Old 01-04-2023, 08:41 AM   #22
Drew145022

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Vert
Good news I did get in the trunk and get the divider up but I still have the manual operation error. Still working how to solve it.
Drew145022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 08:47 AM   #23
Drew145022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssvertlife View Post
Did they tell you a way you can reset it yourself? I’m having the same problem again
If there is a way to rest it yourself that would be a life saver. I’m trying to figure it out I don’t trust the dealership in my town.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:50 PM   #24
Ssvertlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew145022 View Post
If there is a way to rest it yourself that would be a life saver. I’m trying to figure it out I don’t trust the dealership in my town.
I found this video and this override that message and worked for me. Saved me a trip to the dealership lol

https://youtu.be/XvN-uDZZY_I
Old 01-04-2023, 04:43 PM   #25
Drew145022

Unfortunately this isn’t fixing issue
Old 08-31-2023, 06:27 PM   #26
whitedroptop

Drives: 2020 SS
Only manual operation of top

2020 Camaro SS Convertible
Top will not go up or down, says not secure.
Only manual operation of top is possible.
Trunk will not open.
Constant messages to roll up the driver's window.

Does anyone know what may be wrong and does anyone know how to manually put the top down?

Thanks,
whitedroptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 07:13 PM   #27
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
What position is the top in right now?

Have you pulled the rear seatback forward and used the key to manually open the trunk? There's a chance that something in there popped the divider off of the pins...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote