Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-21-2010, 10:24 PM   #15
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I think they will look really sharp Scottie!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #16
FEN

Drives: BLACK 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Wheels and stance are the two most critical visual aspects of any vehicle. More important than paint. Going cheap will definitely look it. The pricing you got from me is a steal, don't kick yourself later for going Chinese and missing the opportunity. You won't miss that few hundred extra in a month or two. If you buy the wheels you really want, you won't ever have to upgrade later - like you just did.

Tony
agree 100%
Eibach 1" Pro Spring Kit
Factory GFX
MPD1 spoiler
painted bowties
15% tint
FEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:35 PM   #17
ScottieBlkSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
Quote:
Wheels and stance are the two most critical visual aspects of any vehicle. More important than paint. Going cheap will definitely look it. The pricing you got from me is a steal, don't kick yourself later for going Chinese and missing the opportunity. You won't miss that few hundred extra in a month or two. If you buy the wheels you really want, you won't ever have to upgrade later - like you just did.

Tony
I completely understand, and agree with you but my distributor price on them and the price you gave me on yours are way off from a few hundred bucks, Try like 1700.00...but nothing is set in stone yet..
Thanks alot for your info bud;
Scottie D
Old 12-21-2010, 10:38 PM   #18
ScottieBlkSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpoirier View Post
I like the the wheels you picked out. I still think you should go for the $5k forged wheels I know your loaded. LOL Talk to you soon. Check out this thread the velocity 7 finished in black would be sweet. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120043
LoL, Yah you know, I wish I had it like you do bro...Hey I still got your key fob. I actually am looking at Tonys Cor-Forged wheels in the V4 and V1
Scottie
Old 12-21-2010, 10:42 PM   #19
ScottieBlkSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
I think they will look really sharp Scottie!
Thanks Donna... Hope you have a great xmas, Ill be looking for my present to arrive soon;
HA HA HA
Old 12-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #20
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I think they will look real good
Old 12-22-2010, 12:58 AM   #21
memphisboi55

Drives: n/a
' Can't lose with twenty twos "
memphisboi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:06 AM   #22
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieBlkSS View Post
I completely understand, and agree with you but my distributor price on them and the price you gave me on yours are way off from a few hundred bucks, Try like 1700.00...but nothing is set in stone yet..
Thanks alot for your info bud;
Scottie D
If those Chinese cast wheels are over $1700 less than the forged wheels I priced, they will also look that way on your car. Keep in mind that those forged wheels you are interested in usually sell for nearly $5000 in normal circumstances. You simply cannot compare sub-$2K wheels to $5K wheels in terms of appearance. Then you factor in weight, proper fitment, resale value, etc...

Open up any custom car magazine. Count how many of those cars featured have cast wheels vs forged custom made wheels. I write/shoot for magazines, and can tell you first hand that we skip by cars on cast wheels unless they run single digits in the quarter.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #23
ScottieBlkSS

Quote:
If those Chinese cast wheels are over $1700 less than the forged wheels I priced, they will also look that way on your car. Keep in mind that those forged wheels you are interested in usually sell for nearly $5000 in normal circumstances. You simply cannot compare sub-$2K wheels to $5K wheels in terms of appearance. Then you factor in weight, proper fitment, resale value, etc...

Open up any custom car magazine. Count how many of those cars featured have cast wheels vs forged custom made wheels. I write/shoot for magazines, and can tell you first hand that we skip by cars on cast wheels unless they run single digits in the quarter.

Im NOT entering any car shows!!!And I have seen several cars that look GREAT with cast wheels.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #24
sslover85
CRB

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Im NOT entering any car shows!!!And I have seen several cars that look GREAT with cast wheels.
Y ask for opinions and then reply like this. He wasnt being rude...just stating facts
sslover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #25
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
If you are opening up that performance shop that you mentioned, what you drive and how you modify it will be your business card to potential customers. That is how I treat my own cars, they are indeed rolling business cards. Just sayin'
Old 12-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #26
sslover85
CRB

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEN View Post
In 22's these wheels look great!
Me LIKEY!!! Thanks man
sslover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:52 AM   #27
ScottieBlkSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sslover85 View Post
Y ask for opinions and then reply like this. He wasnt being rude...just stating facts
I wasn't being rude at all, I was only stating I WOULD NOT be entering any car shows, You have your forged wheels on your car and they look great and congrats to you, I think you are the one getting off the subject of what I was asking I was the one that opened the thread and ask opinions on the wheels I posted pictures for opinions, NOT forged wheels. Thanks for your input

Quote:
If you are opening up that performance shop that you mentioned, what you drive and how you modify it will be your business card to potential customers. That is how I treat my own cars, they are indeed rolling business cards. Just sayin'
Tony;
I throughly agree with everthing you are saying, You are 100% correct as a business perspective, My thing is do I want to spend all that money right now. I agree as well FORGED is te only way to go, However If I break down and go forged I think I have decided to go with Rennen wheels. But my mind is drifting in several directions, Thanks Tony for all your info and input, I still look foward to doing business with you...
Old 12-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #28
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
I agree with Tony. It sounds like you eventually want to go with forged, so I'd suggest saving up and getting what you want, instead of settling for something right now. The wheels in your original post are OK, but really don't look any better than the factory wheels IMO. If you want to look different for now you can always powdercoat them black and go with forged later. I powdercoated mine until I wore the tread off the back tires.

BTW...here's another forged option (just in case).
Attached Images

Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote