Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-17-2020, 05:42 PM   #1
RunJMC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 76mm Turbo
New Turbonetics kit install issue.

Hey guys,

I recently installed the Turbonetics kit on my 2010 SS. Started it up, had no issues, no leaks etc. Took it around the block a couple times no issue. Got on it once, got into 3rd gear then around 3,000-3,500 rpm it started to feel like it hit a rev limiter and started to blow off and would not allow me to accelerate anymore. The first time I thought I miss shifted, but it did this to me a few, especially once I took it on the highway it would not allow me to go past 3,000-3,500 rpm. Then it died on me after doing it a few times. I was able to get it to the side of the road. When I went to start it again, it would turn over, surge a couple of times then it died. I got it towed back home, through a scanner on it, ended up getting a U0073 Control Module communication Bus Off.

I have flashed the ECU back to stock, tried starting it, did the same thing, and then flashed it back to the Diablo Tune, and it continued to do the same thing. Even after clearing the code.

Wondering if there is a potential issue with a vacuum line or breather hose. I may have two potential issues going on here, but this is my first boosted car and I'm just looking for anyone who might have had similar issues or has any idea, thanks.
RunJMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:53 PM   #2
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
You need to data log to see all the perimeters. A Dyno and tuner would be nice to have too.

Tags
turbo, turbonetics