Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-11-2022, 12:28 AM   #1
Fiyero88

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 1LT
10" Android 10 Integrated Headunit

I finally got this 10" headunit installed. It features android 10,discreet DSP, perfectly integrates inti the Camaros harness as well as retains everything including onstar and steering wheel controls. The only thing I lost was door chime and turn signal sound which I'm fine with��. It's attached to my unlimited wifi from Onstar so I can browse chrome, check out Facebook or watch a movie on Netflix. I think my favorite part is the native Amazon Unlimited music app. It was a pain in the @ss to install it definetly wasn't plug and play but I'm glad I got everything working and it's way better than even the 8" version. This was tied in with the factory Amp and it sounds great, it has the option to send the sound out via SPDIF or RCA if you want to add your own Amp.

Reverse dynamic trajectory is retained as well as the camera. I added a AHD front bumper camera(shown in the picture below). I love that the CANBUS intercepts everything and tells me voltage, RPM, which door is open including trunk, auto dimming using the light sensor, auto rear window defogger is retained and selectable as well as all auditory horns such as feedback when you lock the car or walk away as well as remote left in vehicle. They also retained the dimming of the HVAC when using voice commands or calls. Each update to the canbus adds even more features.

https://youtu.be/0d8oHEC0kJQ
Attached Images

Fiyero88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 10:28 AM   #2
Fiyero88

https://youtu.be/iwS_qAKYOrQ

You can change the menu apps but I just wanted to flick through what I have so far. Native Google Maps is amazing for being able to see larger areas while driving. Supposably I can do a split screen and have two apps running but I haven't figured that out yet. Not sure why there is a HVAC APK as 6th gen don't really have that option to control the AC from the screen but the canbus does control turning the sir speed down when a call comes in. It has wireless car play and AA built in so I tossed my AA Wireless Dongle. The HU also has the factory USB and speaker jack attachment so both of those still work in the center console. The only thing I can think of that didn't retain are like o said the door choke, turn signal and XM. I canceled XM because who needs that when you can download any app from the play store.
Old 11-11-2022, 12:10 PM   #3
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Can you link to this unit's retail page again? I'm sure some people would be interested in where to buy it.
Old 11-14-2022, 08:29 AM   #4
ThirdGenNut

Drives: 2020 LT1
Interested.
What's the model number?
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 10:38 AM   #5
ste6000

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdGenNut View Post
Interested.
What's the model number?
not sure if it is the same thing but i found this on amazon and there are more options on aliexpress.

https://www.amazon.com/ZWNAV-Chevrol...097PJ821T?th=1

2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Metallic Blue
ste6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 02:15 PM   #6
Fiyero88

Most likely the same thing I believe I paid $649 total. Came with wireless carplay and wireless android auto. Again like I said if you do get it, it won't retain factory chimes or warning but I was more than fine with that. The screen is massive compared to IOB. I also like that it displays my cars info like voltage temperature, rpms and speed. Pretty good deal for it especially since I didn't have to cut factory wires. I did end up removing Chevys awful low definition reverse and installed a AHD reverse in its spot. Now I can actually see when I'm reversing ��

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste6000 View Post
not sure if it is the same thing but i found this on amazon and there are more options on aliexpress.

https://www.amazon.com/ZWNAV-Chevrol...097PJ821T?th=1

Last edited by Fiyero88; 11-14-2022 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-14-2022, 02:23 PM   #7
Fiyero88

Here's the default radio app, it looks nicer than the Camaros default radio
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2022, 02:52 PM   #8
ste6000

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
wonder how this will interact with personal records that are built into the 1le models or people that have installed front facing cameras using that DIY site.

2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Metallic Blue
ste6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 03:41 PM   #9
ThirdGenNut

Looking on aliexpress they seem to go from 250 - 850. theres no real explanation to make out the difference in prices other than some memory sticks.
Old 11-14-2022, 08:37 PM   #10
Fiyero88

I installed a aftermarket AHD front splitter camera no problem. It turns on for 10 seconds when car is in Drive. When I hit reverse reverse pops up with dynamic trajectory. As far as the records and stuff I don't know. I think this is more for just the 1LT or base models I don't know how it would handle the Bose and stuff. It does have the settings for windows down when hitting the remote, heated seats if you have them, auto rear defrost, horn and lights, forgot remote alarm and other stuff which the canbus reads. I actually took the entire radio module out from under the dash as you don't need it with this. It retained everything for me. I don't have the option for records but I will say everything is still the same on the DIC center screen it seems to not bother that or the onstar module.

Quote:
Looking on aliexpress they seem to go from 250 - 850. theres no real explanation to make out the difference in prices other than some memory sticks.
Old 11-14-2022, 08:39 PM   #11
Fiyero88

The price difference has to do with the RAM igot 6GB which is the max and comes with 128GB storage. The cheaper ones have less ram and storage I also paid more for a built in DSP and equalizer and wireless android auto

Quote:
Old 11-15-2022, 11:59 AM   #12
ThirdGenNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero88 View Post
The price difference has to do with the RAM igot 6GB which is the max and comes with 128GB storage. The cheaper ones have less ram and storage I also paid more for a built in DSP and equalizer and wireless android auto
I picked up the one for 250. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
hoping it has the equalizer and wireless android.
Old 11-15-2022, 12:00 PM   #13
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
I've installed several android head units over the years. They are neat when they work. Two main downsides are build quality and glitches. Early failure is always an option. They are really slick tho.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 04:51 PM   #14
ThirdGenNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
I've installed several android head units over the years. They are neat when they work. Two main downsides are build quality and glitches. Early failure is always an option. They are really slick tho.
IF it works I will be saying the same about my factory radio. But it sounds youre saying they are junk in a nice way.

Still hasn't shipped. I hate waiting.

Tags
10inch, android, headunit, upgrade