Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-16-2019, 12:57 PM   #1
Lemmy Camaro
Theoren Hanks

Drives: 17 Camaro SS
Need help with boost

So full bolt ons is not enough sadly. Looking to add boost via ProCharger to get around 600-650 whp. Not sure what head unit I should run and if I need to do any internal work as well. Not sure what these motors can handle when it comes to boost without any issues so anyone with insight on this would be great! If I need to run different internals to get that kind of power, what exactly what I need? I would like to stay with stock internals for as long as possible so I can focus on other things in life instead of dumping more money into the car, but I'll do what I have to do. And when was advice definitely send me a PM or post on the thread.

Thanks everyone!
Lemmy Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:15 PM   #2
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Forced induction section has plenty of info and active threads to get information from.

First thing you are going to need is a fuel system upgrade. Full LT4 setup, injectors, hpfp, and low side. Or you can tap the tank for a auxiliary pump.

Next issue will be octane...650whp is approaching the limits of 93 octane with stock cam and boost. So you have a couple of options.

1) Alky injection kit.

2) flex sensor and E85, but you will probably limited to E50 unless you move up to the LPE big bore pump or swap to a bigger fuel lobe cam.

I am running LT4 injectors, LPE hpfp, ZL1 intank with a JMS pump booster. I have enough fuel headroom for E78 on 8-9psi. With E65 mix I could probably move up to 11psi pretty easily.

Stock bottem end will handle that power no problem with correct fueling, octane, and tuning. Choose your tuner wisely.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:31 AM   #3
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
IF you wanted to stay around 550 HP then you can run a ProCharger on stock fuel system. I have the P1X head unit and it makes 546 to the rear wheels at about 7 PSI and fueling is still fine. I will be doing the whole LT4 fuel package with auxiliary low side soon to start bumping that up.
50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote