Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-08-2019, 10:52 PM   #57
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
That looks damn good! Camaro must have v8 available and 4 seats.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:05 AM   #58
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
And a Corvette must have the engine in front of the driver, not . Time to take the Camaro into the future. Two things the Camaro can go without is the backseat and the V8. There is absolutely no doubt the time the next gen Camaros come out there will be V6 turbos that will out perform a Zl1 . Right now it’s mostly turbo4 and V6s sold so why cater a slower dying V8 . Now they could go with a Twin turbo 4.3 V8 or on those lines would work in a Zl1 type Camaro. Cars like the GT 500 and anything Dodge that cost over $60k are already dinosaurs filled with old technology, Chevy is so far ahead of them now.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:33 AM   #59
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
As much as I love the Camaro, we could just accept that the general audience that the Camaro appealed to has depricated. Death is a necessary cycle in life to make room for new things... and I personally believe the Camaro's life span has truly lived its feasible course. Technology has just moved on too far beyond the V8 base and not a great deal of consumers care about 450+ HP cars on a practicality level .. we are moving on to an eco-trend where they want something quick, sporty but also efficient...and we are also moving on to a generation who plainly does not care about automobiles. The atmosphere is just not really sustainable to really support the Camaro... let it die peacefully give birth to something new and more in line with the current market demands.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:08 AM   #60
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
We can debate the whole V8 thing to death. I don't feel they would ever kill off the V8 due to the stigma alone. Aside from that, if you all want a hatch back the side small windows would have to go. I don't see it being structurally sound enough to withstand crash tests with a tiny strip holding the back of the roof line up. I am all for a hatch back, loved it in my 3rd GEN. Additionally, I would love a glass roof, either removable or not.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:09 AM   #61
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
As much as I love the Camaro, we could just accept that the general audience that the Camaro appealed to has depricated. Death is a necessary cycle in life to make room for new things... and I personally believe the Camaro's life span has truly lived its feasible course. Technology has just moved on too far beyond the V8 base and not a great deal of consumers care about 450+ HP cars on a practicality level .. we are moving on to an eco-trend where they want something quick, sporty but also efficient...and we are also moving on to a generation who plainly does not care about automobiles. The atmosphere is just not really sustainable to really support the Camaro... let it die peacefully give birth to something new and more in line with the current market demands.
Disagree, too many other camaro like makes and models out there to make such a claim.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:33 AM   #62
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
And a Corvette must have the engine in front of the driver, not . Time to take the Camaro into the future. Two things the Camaro can go without is the backseat and the V8. There is absolutely no doubt the time the next gen Camaros come out there will be V6 turbos that will out perform a Zl1 . Right now it’s mostly turbo4 and V6s sold so why cater a slower dying V8 . Now they could go with a Twin turbo 4.3 V8 or on those lines would work in a Zl1 type Camaro. Cars like the GT 500 and anything Dodge that cost over $60k are already dinosaurs filled with old technology, Chevy is so far ahead of them now.
Never mentioned anything about Vette engine in front. No V8 and no rear seats and may as well agree to disagree because the Camaro has always been a pony car with both. The Vette and Camaro have shared V8’s in the past, no reason not to save some $’s and share an engine or 2 in the future. 4,6 turbo and green energy engines/battery/hybrid should be planned as well. Would be wise to find out what keeps women buyers away too. The car would still average a price that is 2/3rd a $60k Vette or more. Bit bigger on inside, easier to see out of, better front and rear end looking compared to Stang and Chally.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:02 AM   #63
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Whatever a next gen Camaro, or a reborn pony car has for performance, the most important thing it has to have is looks; period. In order to survive, it has to have great visual appeal to reach the wider market base it used to have. The popularity of trucks and SUV's is a clue as to where the mindset of the current marketplace is at; they want easy ingress/egress and usable space. Small, cramped space that you have to contort yourself to get in and out of just doesn't appeal to that wider market base.

The original pony cars were essentially just sporty bodies on passenger car chassis for the most part. They were a huge success. That same formula can work to a degree, allowing for necessary changes for crash safety and such. A reborn pony car can be mostly parts bin under the skin; as long as it has decent performance (not award-winning track performance) anything beyond that won't matter to the vast majority of the marketplace. What WILL matter is how it looks; both outside and inside. I know that's not what the performance enthusiasts and hard-core Camaro fans want to hear, but it's easier to develop higher performance models if there's a bread-and-butter model that's selling well and bringing in the money to create the high performance versions.

The new C8 shows what GM can do IF THEY HAVE A VISION for doing it, and a team that works together to make that happen. The exact same thing can happen for the Camaro on a less-sophisticated (and less costly) scale.

If anybody who contributes to this thread can come up with a great looking car, the rest is much easier believe it or not. I think a couple of options would be good; a standard V6 and V8 model, and an electric model since that's where GM wants to go. Those are two different design and style challenges. Work on looks first; decide what a reborn pony car could look like as an ICE concept, and a separate one as an EV concept. Try to avoid trendy; that just says "I can't come up with anything original so I'll copy what others are doing". Let's see what ideas people have. Kudos to those who've already started contributing!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:08 AM   #64
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I don't think Camaro could ever ditch the rear seats. Would chevy really want 2 two seaters in the same showroom when cars already struggle to sell at the moment
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:37 AM   #65
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Whatever a next gen Camaro, or a reborn pony car has for performance, the most important thing it has to have is looks; period. In order to survive, it has to have great visual appeal to reach the wider market base it used to have. The popularity of trucks and SUV's is a clue as to where the mindset of the current marketplace is at; they want easy ingress/egress and usable space. Small, cramped space that you have to contort yourself to get in and out of just doesn't appeal to that wider market base.

The original pony cars were essentially just sporty bodies on passenger car chassis for the most part. They were a huge success. That same formula can work to a degree, allowing for necessary changes for crash safety and such. A reborn pony car can be mostly parts bin under the skin; as long as it has decent performance (not award-winning track performance) anything beyond that won't matter to the vast majority of the marketplace. What WILL matter is how it looks; both outside and inside. I know that's not what the performance enthusiasts and hard-core Camaro fans want to hear, but it's easier to develop higher performance models if there's a bread-and-butter model that's selling well and bringing in the money to create the high performance versions.

The new C8 shows what GM can do IF THEY HAVE A VISION for doing it, and a team that works together to make that happen. The exact same thing can happen for the Camaro on a less-sophisticated (and less costly) scale.

If anybody who contributes to this thread can come up with a great looking car, the rest is much easier believe it or not. I think a couple of options would be good; a standard V6 and V8 model, and an electric model since that's where GM wants to go. Those are two different design and style challenges. Work on looks first; decide what a reborn pony car could look like as an ICE concept, and a separate one as an EV concept. Try to avoid trendy; that just says "I can't come up with anything original so I'll copy what others are doing". Let's see what ideas people have. Kudos to those who've already started contributing!
The interesting thing is, the 6th Gen Camaro is actually a fairly large car. I'm usually the larger car when parked by a 4 door sedan , but the sedan has much more creature comfort and MUCH more cargo space... go figure.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #66
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
Finally for the back I scrubbed the awful concept tail lights. You'll have to use your imagination for now.

The general ideas:

-No more convex trunks! I am sick of seeing curved spoilers. The back of the Gen 2 actually looks good and this updates it.

-This gives the Camaro the curves that it lost in Gen 6. Fenders need to flare up and out so we get that Coke bottle body back.

-Tried to incorporate the increased glass over the trunk, not quite what I wanted but the best I could do

-The rear diffuser and exhaust pipes can change, I just like the overall clean look

I love it. I think it's an awesome idea to have a 7th gen Camaro continue in the footsteps of what the 2nd gen started and the 3rd gen kind of continued in terms of the big wrap-around rear glass and general greenhouse design. That was very much a signature Camaro design trait for a couple decades and would translate well into a modern car that would draw no real complaints over it looking too similar to the outgoing car. It would also more than solve the visibility complaints.

There's still a little too much Ferrari in the design, but I can see this car's basic profile being translated into GM design language. GM was very much trying to copy Ferrari in the 80's with the Fiero and other cars, which is why I think this sorta works.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:33 PM   #67
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Never mentioned anything about Vette engine in front. No V8 and no rear seats and may as well agree to disagree because the Camaro has always been a pony car with both. The Vette and Camaro have shared V8’s in the past, no reason not to save some $’s and share an engine or 2 in the future. 4,6 turbo and green energy engines/battery/hybrid should be planned as well. Would be wise to find out what keeps women buyers away too. The car would still average a price that is 2/3rd a $60k Vette or more. Bit bigger on inside, easier to see out of, better front and rear end looking compared to Stang and Chally.
I think there is too much confusion on what a Camaro is in the first place , i can say it hasn't been a muscle car or pony car for many many years . To me a rear seat that is just about useless may as well be gone , unless they can make a decent fold down hideaway rear seat . The next gen Camaro could make great use of engines , it could end up that the V8 be the entry level motor with the higher performance come from a Twin turbo V6 and a Hybrid be the top dog .Not many things have been getting cheaper over the years ,especially good things that are basically toys for grown ups , no one really needs a Camaro.
Woman have been buying SUVs and pickup trucks , my wife wants a pickup truck . Last time we were at a Chevy dealer she seen a ZR2 Colorado and that was it , she was hooked.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:44 PM   #68
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post

If the 6th gen Camaro looked more like the C8 Corvette then the 5th gen Camaro they would have sold a lot more that's for sure . They can't and won't screw up next time .
Old 08-09-2019, 04:29 PM   #69
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Here's how I think it should go:

LT- Base with Turbo 4 or electric hybrid thingy. Automatic only.
2LT - Same engine with all the bells and whistles. Automatic only.

SS- Same exact philosophy as the 2020 LT1. Put the V8 in the base model. Only make adjustments necessary for safety to handle the increased power/weight. No more jacking up the price by putting in a bunch track/handling features people don't want.

2SS- Optioned out V8 trim

1LE- Take this awful idea, fold it into a paper football and flick that thing off the table for good.

Z28- This is the track-ready version, priced and specced the same as the 1LE, possibly with more powerful V8 than the SS.

No more $65k variants.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:07 PM   #70
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
Here's how I think it should go:

LT- Base with Turbo 4 or electric hybrid thingy. Automatic only.
2LT - Same engine with all the bells and whistles. Automatic only.

SS- Same exact philosophy as the 2020 LT1. Put the V8 in the base model. Only make adjustments necessary for safety to handle the increased power/weight. No more jacking up the price by putting in a bunch track/handling features people don't want.

2SS- Optioned out V8 trim

1LE- Take this awful idea, fold it into a paper football and flick that thing off the table for good.

Z28- This is the track-ready version, priced and specced the same as the 1LE, possibly with more powerful V8 than the SS.

No more $65k variants.
The only awful thing about the 1Le is that 82% of the American drivers don't know how to drive one ,excluding the ZLE w/A10 . The 1Le has been one of the most successful programs for 5th and 6th gens pushing the level of control to a track level . Getting rid of it would be stupid , there is a good reason its on all trim levels . The Camaros you describe would be junk and we are well past that stage with Camaros and there is no going back .The level of performance needs to be pushed ahead with the tech available, not pushed away like you want to do .
The only Z28 i would ever want to see would be an AWD Hybrid that would run with the Best of the C8s. We don't need poser packages and stickers on Camaros , there are plenty of them already on the roads .