Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-27-2020, 03:20 PM   #1
jorgesvlog

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet SS
UPDATE: Installed Full Nitrous Set Up and Did First Test Hits!

UPDATE #1: Wiring Diagram posted below in original post for reference
UPDATE #2: Nitrous Kit is installed and below are all the YouTube Videos on How I installed it along with Testing
UPDATE #3: Did my first test hits on the Nitrous! See image below of the Draggy time comparisons from NA, 50, 100, 150(rich afr)
going from a 4th gear 40-100mph run starting at 38mph on each.

Nitrous Install Series:
Part 1: Solenoids, Plate, and Bottle Install: https://youtu.be/5hDOWt0keDo
Part 2: Dedicated Fuel System Install: https://youtu.be/gJtp4F8CK2g
Part 3: Electrical Wiring : https://youtu.be/DwDzY2jUIyo
Part 4: Testing Wiring and Setting Up Controller: https://youtu.be/DwDzY2jUIyo
Part 5: Fuel Pressure Set Up and FPSS Testing: https://youtu.be/doiRSEcJmbc

Well I finally decided to pull the trigger. Want to use this post to keep everyone updated on the install and final set up.

What I currently have: 2019 Camaro SS Heads,Cam,Ported MSD,Ported 95mm TB, 1 7/8 headers, E85. Car has ran a best of 10.9 at 130 with TB closing 2 and 3rd gear.

That tb issue should be corrected, but wont be able to test until i get the car back from the body shop. (hit while parked...)

Nitrous Set up Ordered:

Nitrous Outlet MSD hardline kit w/ 15lb bottle, nitrous pressure gauge
Console switch panel
"Big Show" Purge Kit
LNC-2014 Timing Retard box with Limiter
NOS mini progressive controller
JMS TPS pigtail for TPS signal
Nitrous Outlet Stand alone Camaro fuel system with Fuel Pressure Safety Switch and fuel pressure sensor.

The plan is to start with a 100 shot and eventually move up to a 150-200 with C16 for the fueling.

Let me know what you guys think about the set up? I will be installing this in the next month or so and will be documenting it on my YouTube Channel Jorge Loves Speed.

Looking forward to runing the nitrous kit! I would like to be able to run a mid 10 with just NA and no tb issues, and then do a 100 shot to get close to a 9 second pass! from there we will see just how much we want to push it.

Last edited by jorgesvlog; 04-18-2020 at 08:59 PM.
jorgesvlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:31 PM   #2
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Good luck
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:50 PM   #3
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
lot of pictures please on the install, I want to see how you route it
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:01 PM   #4
jorgesvlog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintslinger16 View Post
lot of pictures please on the install, I want to see how you route it
Ill try to get as much info as i can. The plan is to use distribution blocks and for now 4 relays(1 for solenoids, 1 for purge, 1 for fuel pump in standalone, 1 for converting the negative signal output on the mini controller to a positive 12v for the timing retard box)

The fuel pressure safety switch will be wired in between the ground of the solenoid relay as per Nitrous Outlet wiring diagrams and I plan to get my switched 12v from the radar detector wire harness that i got from Gen5DIY which came with a 12v switched lead for other devices.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:08 PM   #5
Bohanan23

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
100-150 aint bad but I would be cautious on the 200. Your tuner is one of the best so that wont be an issue. I see piston rings are tiiiight on these LT1 and L86's.
Bohanan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:15 PM   #6
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
Awesome, I am subscriber on YT, I have the NOS LT kit for a spring install, currently in the middle of a Blizzard so really interested in your install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesvlog View Post
Ill try to get as much info as i can. The plan is to use distribution blocks and for now 4 relays(1 for solenoids, 1 for purge, 1 for fuel pump in standalone, 1 for converting the negative signal output on the mini controller to a positive 12v for the timing retard box)

The fuel pressure safety switch will be wired in between the ground of the solenoid relay as per Nitrous Outlet wiring diagrams and I plan to get my switched 12v from the radar detector wire harness that i got from Gen5DIY which came with a 12v switched lead for other devices.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:38 PM   #7
jorgesvlog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohanan23 View Post
100-150 aint bad but I would be cautious on the 200. Your tuner is one of the best so that wont be an issue. I see piston rings are tiiiight on these LT1 and L86's.
Yeah I dont think we will be stepping up to a 200 until we make sure everything is smooth and working properly with the 100 and 150 set up. If I do go to a 200 it will be for one or two runs just to see how it will do. Im hoping that with the progressive controller ill be able to smooth in the higher shots above 100. With a 100 it should be fine with almost the full 100% shot from the get go, but not so much with higher shots.

We will see and ofcourse check plugs and data log when we are using it.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:47 PM   #8
Anti_venomSS

Drives: '18 Camaro SS
Good luck with everything man. I have a very similar setup.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:16 PM   #9
jorgesvlog

So I just finished up the wiring diagram and I think I have set up how I want. I have seen people say you do not need a relay for the solenoids for positive from battery with the NOS mini since it’s basically the grounding switch, I have the relay set up on my wiring though bc I want the fuel pressure safety switch to be able to cut off the power to the relays if for some reason pressure drops from low or no fuel or failed fuel pump.

I also repurposed the heater switch to be the trigger for the 2 step/rpm limited just for fun to make noise and maybe shoot flames!

Old 02-28-2020, 02:58 PM   #10
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I don't understand why the pressure switch turns off the fuel pump via the ground signal. I do understand why it turns off the relay.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 05:58 PM   #11
jorgesvlog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I don't understand why the pressure switch turns off the fuel pump via the ground signal. I do understand why it turns off the relay.
My thoughts were that if the pressure dropped it would be due to low fuel in the tank and therefore would probably be best to also have the fuel pump in the external tank turn off aswell, but the more I look at the diagram the more I'm thinking if i do it this way the system will never turn on because the fuel pressure will always be lower right at the initial arming stage.

See the below updated wiring diagram with the fuel pump relay just grounded not on the pressure switch. Think this will be the best route to go with.

Thanks!

Old 02-29-2020, 01:54 AM   #12
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Looks better. The second question, say this is a stock tune (since you are using a Lingenfelter retard setup), I don't know much about the auto, I do know the factory backs off power during the upshift to save the trans, my concern is if you are hitting full N20 on the upshifts the trans might / drivetrain might not last long, is it possible to shut the N20 off at say 6500 RPM shift at 6800? I got no idea, just wondering if this is done.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 05:11 AM   #13
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Looks better. The second question, say this is a stock tune (since you are using a Lingenfelter retard setup), I don't know much about the auto, I do know the factory backs off power during the upshift to save the trans, my concern is if you are hitting full N20 on the upshifts the trans might / drivetrain might not last long, is it possible to shut the N20 off at say 6500 RPM shift at 6800? I got no idea, just wondering if this is done.
Yes, you could shut the nitrous off before the shift if you have a window switch. The controller that he has (NOS mini) should be able to do that.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:08 AM   #14
jorgesvlog

Quote:
The NOS Mini Controller will be activating the solenoids only when it sees the WOT signal from the pedal and the RPM is between 3000-6500. My car will be shifting at 6800. Once i set up the controller I will make a separate diagram with the controller settings.