Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-24-2022, 07:03 AM   #15
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCwhat View Post
All these people that keep saying the new mustang looks like a Camaro must have never seen a 2015-2023 mustang. I don’t get it, the rear quarter has barely changed at all and the rest of the car looks like a mild refresh.
You really can't see it? It was one of the first things I saw, it actually made me think the rendering was fake at first, just looked like someone put together a fake photo by using parts from the Mustang and the Camaro.
Old 09-24-2022, 01:06 PM   #16
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
You really can't see it? It was one of the first things I saw, it actually made me think the rendering was fake at first, just looked like someone put together a fake photo by using parts from the Mustang and the Camaro.
This overlay really shows the similarities. The flat front end is prominent here too.

https://www.lsxmag.com/news/if-imita...tang-nailed-it
Attached Images

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 07:32 PM   #17
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Quote:
I have to agree. A company that did so well with the Camaro and Corvette, cant make anything else exciting.

After the Camaro is gone, there isn't a single car Chevy makes that I would be interested in. Not even from an EV perspective, I just think their cars are sort of lame.
gm a woke company building cars for wokes.
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 08:39 AM   #18
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCwhat View Post
All these people that keep saying the new mustang looks like a Camaro must have never seen a 2015-2023 mustang. I don’t get it, the rear quarter has barely changed at all and the rest of the car looks like a mild refresh.
Agree... New Mustang has completely different roof line and rear quarter... Camaro has a f... gutter there to collect water Mustang is sloppy.

You guys are comparing two pony cars. Yes, the side markers will be in almost the same place

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 08:01 PM   #19
Drizzt ss

Drives: 2017 NGM 1SS MRC NPP
I can hear it now, “nice mustang”…ugh.
Old 10-11-2022, 05:51 PM   #20
SHessler

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE [Shock]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt ss View Post
I can hear it now, “nice mustang”…ugh.
Someone complemented me on my nice Mustang over the weekend.

Most people can't tell the difference today...

Ex Spec Miata driver.
SHessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 07:52 PM   #21
Drizzt ss

Drives: 2017 NGM 1SS MRC NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHessler View Post
Someone complemented me on my nice Mustang over the weekend.

Most people can't tell the difference today...
That’s funny. I dropped off a family member to a wedding reception this summer and one person said the same thing to me, then another said shortly thereafter nice vette. I just said thank you and let it go.

But I think it’ll be more prevalent after this new stang comes out. I don’t take it personally and I’m looking foward to seeing one up close.

Last edited by Drizzt ss; 10-11-2022 at 08:05 PM.
Drizzt ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 06:06 AM   #22
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
I've been a car guy all of my life and back in the 60's and 70's I could easily identify everything on the road. Now? Not so much. There are many times I need to look at/for the name tag or manufacturer emblem to get a hint.
Old 10-12-2022, 06:11 AM   #23
xplct

Drives: 2022 camaro 2ss 1LE
Quote:
I agree also, even the hood has the same vent in the center as the ss, I seen the commercial and first thing i did was LOL, fords new mustmaro.

Old 10-12-2022, 07:54 AM   #24
paradigm

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I was reading on mustang7g that the S650 is going to start at $45k for a base GT.

Ill take my 1SS 1LE all day, everyday for that price over a base GT if that is in fact true.

I had a 2022 Eruption Green mustang GT base on order for $34k for comparison, but let the order go to accept delivery on my 2022 1SS 1LE.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:25 AM   #25
xplct

Drives: 2022 camaro 2ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
I was reading on mustang7g that the S650 is going to start at $45k for a base GT.

Ill take my 1SS 1LE all day, everyday for that price over a base GT if that is in fact true.

I had a 2022 Eruption Green mustang GT base on order for $34k for comparison, but let the order go to accept delivery on my 2022 1SS 1LE.
You made a superior choice!
Old 10-12-2022, 04:34 PM   #26
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm View Post

That would be an insane jump, considering the current base GT starts at, what $37k? Unless Ford is banking on the idea that as the only ICE offering in the segment, domestically, that they can price gouge like crazy, then I don't see it being that high. Now a Premium GT? That I can see hitting right at $45k.

But with Dark Horse taking the title of "Most track capable, road-going, Mustang ever fitted with a 5.0-liter V8." from Mach1, that means GT is free to adopt all of the Mach's performance goodies without stepping on DH's toes.

It still leaves me wondering, without domestic competition, how much WILL enthusiasts, that buy new, be willing to pay? The market will certainly look interesting come 2025 and beyond.
Old 10-14-2022, 10:46 AM   #27
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
This overlay really shows the similarities. The flat front end is prominent here too.

https://www.lsxmag.com/news/if-imita...tang-nailed-it
Fixed the image to show more clearly which part is Camaro, and which part isn't.

When I first saw this car, I said the exact same thing. Its a Camaro with a blue oval on it.

2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 05:02 PM   #28
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Fixed the image to show more clearly which part is Camaro, and which part isn't.

When I first saw this car, I said the exact same thing. Its a Camaro with a blue oval on it.

Thanks for the fix!

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote