Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-24-2019, 07:48 PM   #99
viurniel
@viurniel

Drives: 19 ZLE A10, 15 2SS, 90 300ZXTT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShizzySupra View Post
My car on its new setup makes 900ish whp on pump and meth. And by pump I mean 91/92 octane available everywhere in the country....

I drove the car 363miles to the track. Dumped a little ethanol in it do some test hits. Proceeded to drive it 4 hours back home. During that time my methanol tank was never low enough to be an issue. (Windshield fluid resevoir). Regularly drive to the coast with the wife in it.

You have to REALLY be getting on the car to have the meth flowing and to be honest at 900whp on everyday tires thats VERY limited in areas you can use 900whp...

Now if I went to a big ol upper pulley and de-tuned it I could hook alot better on stock run flats.

FWIW i have lt4 high side/inj, dsx low. Stock in tank.

Those are crazy numbers on that fuel system.
viurniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:46 PM   #100
ramairroughneck

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
I drove the car 363miles to the track.

Regularly drive to the coast with the wife in it.
The power coupled with the ease of drivability in these blower cars is simply amazing to me. It’s remarkable and definitely something I appreciate. There’s really nothing to compromise in them.
ramairroughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:36 PM   #101
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I'm about ready to switch mine over to 93, change the pulley and retune. I haven't driven my car for basically 2 years. I've been on my drag set up for two seasons but really getting burned out on racing all the time. The last time I really drove my car was 2017 Hot Rod tour, my wife and I did part of the tour from KCMO for a couple additional stops. Put the drag pack back on for the St louis stop to drag race and haven't really enjoyed street driving since then. I did put a 100 miles or so on breaking in the new short block last fall. So plan to detune it to about 750 rwhp and enjoy it. Then pull the stock heads off as they need a refresh, the seals are shot. Doubt I'll port them but may change my mind on that later. Don't have any real plans for next year. Will probably race about half the events I did this year which I think was about 10 to 12 so this motor already has about 50 to 60 passes so I'm up to about 240 passes on the tranny and rear. Put 25,000 miles on my truck so half that would be good. I know a new C8 is in my future as I'm close to retiring in a couple years so the Camaro will find a new owner.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:51 AM   #102
Choda

Drives: Turbo 6.2
Quote:
FWIW i have lt4 high side/inj, dsx low. Stock in tank.
thanks. Ill be doing the same then reduce the amount of meth I am using ( rely on ). Right now im spaying a shit load of meth, triple nozzle, because of the factory low, high and injectors. I do have the 32% cam. As i just posted in the other thread, FORE posted on their site "Tuners are still working out the integration into the OE electrical system. Fore Innovations will provide detailed assistance on function of supplied components; however, we will not provide assistance with integration/tuning."
Old 10-25-2019, 04:24 PM   #103
ditchsnake

Drives: 17 2ss
New guy question

I have read all the threads on s/c. I ve got a stock 17ss with a8 in colorado. 5000 ft. Our da always sucks. My background is an 04 cobra with a 3.4 whipple. 640/641. Wife wouldnt drive it as no traction in 1st even with et streets. Bought this 17 6 months ago and even though the wife thinks its fast I think it's a pig here. Probably runs great at sea level. I would have posted a new tread but for some reason I cant.can't I really dont want anything I cant stick to the ground. Thinking a 2.9 or eforce 2650. Going to have some great black friday sales. I'm guessing with a stock pulley I ll get 5 lbs of boost. Any thoughts or advise. Its bone cold stock.
ditchsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:54 PM   #104
SienarSystems

Drives: ZL1 1LE
I had a terminator (no mods) and it doesn’t compare to the ZL1. Shoot, my ‘17 GT PP had more hp (less tq). There are a couple of CARB legal bolt on sc’s for the SS: the Magnuson and the procharger. Neither requires cutting the hood and would be a substantial increase in power. If you want more, you’ll need to address fueling and your stock internals. Good luck!
SienarSystems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:34 PM   #105
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SienarSystems View Post
I had a terminator (no mods) and it doesn’t compare to the ZL1. Shoot, my ‘17 GT PP had more hp (less tq). There are a couple of CARB legal bolt on sc’s for the SS: the Magnuson and the procharger. Neither requires cutting the hood and would be a substantial increase in power. If you want more, you’ll need to address fueling and your stock internals. Good luck!
Whipple 2.9 is CARB legal as well if that is a necessity. Made 7# of boost with the base pulley and put me in the 10’s with a stock motor, stock exhaust manifolds, etc. No need to cut the hood or valve covers, etc. Very nice kit! Hard to go wrong with any of the supercharger options out there though, they all perform like gangbusters.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:47 PM   #106
ditchsnake

Still a retard

Thank you guys. Carb is no deal as I live 100 miles so of denver. No emissions. . Sounds like I'll do the whipple unless there are better black friday deals. The eforce looks like a nice kit at a great price on sale too
Old 10-25-2019, 10:19 PM   #107
ramairroughneck

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Just like you I was gonna buy a Whipple on Black Friday last year and low and behold I got a Eforce 2650 at a better price. Get tons of quotes for every blower you’re interested in. You will find deals much better than the advertised prices. I’m not understanding all the no cut comments. Most everything fits under the SS hood-Maggie, Eforce 2650, Whipple, Procharger, ECS. Unless your trying to piece together a LT5 blower there is little concern with cutting. Maybe it’s just to cast doubt. I’m not sure
ramairroughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:04 PM   #108
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Whipples and Edelbrocks require cutting hoods on ZL1s Every one I’ve seen has had a cut hood. And Whipple doesn’t list their Gen 6 Camaro kits as CARB legal, last I checked.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:10 PM   #109
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairroughneck View Post
Just like you I was gonna buy a Whipple on Black Friday last year and low and behold I got a Eforce 2650 at a better price. Get tons of quotes for every blower you’re interested in. You will find deals much better than the advertised prices. I’m not understanding all the no cut comments. Most everything fits under the SS hood-Maggie, Eforce 2650, Whipple, Procharger, ECS. Unless your trying to piece together a LT5 blower there is little concern with cutting. Maybe it’s just to cast doubt. I’m not sure
I was going to go Magnuson but I found a Whipple brand new for 5k. Difference is I bought mine off a guy that never installed it because he traded the car in over converter shudder prior to installing. Plenty of deals to be had by keeping a eye out in the classifieds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Whipples and Edelbrocks require cutting hoods on ZL1s Every one I’ve seen has had a cut hood. And Whipple doesn’t list their Gen 6 Camaro kits as CARB legal, last I checked.
I believe he was referring to the SS...Whipple does have a CARB legal kit for the SS.

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/ind...product_id=369
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:51 PM   #110
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
I'm about ready to switch mine over to 93, change the pulley and retune. I haven't driven my car for basically 2 years. I've been on my drag set up for two seasons but really getting burned out on racing all the time. The last time I really drove my car was 2017 Hot Rod tour, my wife and I did part of the tour from KCMO for a couple additional stops. Put the drag pack back on for the St louis stop to drag race and haven't really enjoyed street driving since then. I did put a 100 miles or so on breaking in the new short block last fall. So plan to detune it to about 750 rwhp and enjoy it. Then pull the stock heads off as they need a refresh, the seals are shot. Doubt I'll port them but may change my mind on that later. Don't have any real plans for next year. Will probably race about half the events I did this year which I think was about 10 to 12 so this motor already has about 50 to 60 passes so I'm up to about 240 passes on the tranny and rear. Put 25,000 miles on my truck so half that would be good. I know a new C8 is in my future as I'm close to retiring in a couple years so the Camaro will find a new owner.
Don’t get rid of the red dragon my man. Gotta keep it to go along with the C8. I am planning the same. My C7 goes in in a couple weeks (they finally called yesterday) which means I have to get my spark plug wires changed on the Camaro as it will become my daily driver for a few weeks.

I am also planning on the C8, but it’s gonna be next to the Wicked C7 and the Wicked SS.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:34 PM   #111
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
Don’t get rid of the red dragon my man. Gotta keep it to go along with the C8. I am planning the same. My C7 goes in in a couple weeks (they finally called yesterday) which means I have to get my spark plug wires changed on the Camaro as it will become my daily driver for a few weeks.

I am also planning on the C8, but it’s gonna be next to the Wicked C7 and the Wicked SS.
Don't do it, Greg!! Keep the Camaro and make it your dedicated drag car.
I'm planning on a C8 for my retirement present in about a year also.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:40 PM   #112
ditchsnake

Thanks guys.

It is an ss so no cutting. I'm either going with the whipple or eforce. I ll let the vendors decide for me and price will dictate. Like I said I dont want hugh power. My old a$$ will be happy with 525 to 550. I check the da at our local track often and it's usually in the 8000 s. I was told what uncorrected I'm probably making 340 here. So 100 or 150 will be hugh for my garage queen. I ve put on 400 miles in 6 months. Lol. Just bought a nice car cover. Sad and so fitting