Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - New England

Phastek Performance

Old 02-27-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
stook2001

Drives: 99 M3, 04 STi, 16 2SS
Trans Oil Cooler Line Recall - Anyone do it in CT yet?

Curious if anyone has had their dealer do the transmission oil cooler line recall yet in the CT area? This appears to be, at least for some cars, a pretty invasive recall. Curious if anyone has had it done yet and, if so, which dealer did the work and whether it went well?

My nearest dealer I think is a pretty low volume camaro dealer and would rather not be the test mule for their tech.
stook2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:14 AM   #2
stook2001

Alright guys, didn't get a lot of response from this post or the last, more general one about dealer service depts. I ended up bringing my car up to Ingersoll Auto in Danbury for the Trans line recall and a few other things. The reason? Not very scientific but they seemed to have the biggest current inventory of Camaros in the area by a factor of about 3. Do they actually sell and see more of them for service? I have no clue, but this is the data that I had available. They are also a Cadillac dealer, which I figured might offer a little higher end service philosophy than some of the less pricey name plates. Also, I believe the Camaro is on the same platform as the Cadillac ATS so I figured perhaps that was some small value in using a dealer that serviced Cadillacs as well. Oh, their service also seemed to have pretty consistently positive feedback on yelp, etc. for whatever that is worth (probably not very much).

First impressions? Pretty positive. Shop looked very clean and professional. Service advisor indicated that they just did the big trans line recall on another Camaro last week. Got a Buick Enclave as a loaner. We'll see how it goes, expecting they'll tell me half the issues are either normal or can't be duplicated but perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised...

On a slightly comical note, I decided to clean up the car before bringing it in since I didn't want the body to get marred from their mechanics handling the car while it was so dirty. Got out the pressure washer and foam cannon yesterday morning, which I did in full ski gear... First time I've ever seen foam cannon soap freeze on a car. Fun times.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:27 PM   #3
stook2001

Initial feedback midway through the process. Dropped the car off to address 5 issues that I reported.

1) Trans oil cooler line recall - in progress, needs full recall unfortunately.
2) Rear diff groan - told that it is normal, nothing to do. Didn't feel like arguing about it since I plan to dump the fluid and replace it myself anyway. Rather just wanted it logged as a complaint in their systems. Still, disappointing that it wasn't taken seriously.
3) Heated Steering Wheel Inop - replacing switch, in progress
4) Wind/whistling noise from side view mirrors - nothing they can do about it, design of the car. not a good response.
5) Ticking sound from engine off idle - claimed it was normal and caused by the purge solenoid mounted to the firewall. I need to research this, no idea.