Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-02-2016, 02:59 PM   #29
Lisa@Borla

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutHank View Post
Just looking for some clarification. It clearly states in the instructions that these X pipes are not designed to work with the factory NPP system, I assume because of the different pipe diameters?

So, unless I'm missing something, are we still not looking at a proper X pipe option for NPP cars?
Hi there,

Good question!

These are the proper X-Pipes, we just designed them to work directly with our rear sections for the 2016 Camaros, however you can use them with your stock mufflers, it will just take a little more effort on your part... Our X-Pipes won't directly bolt onto your stock mufflers so you'll have to either:
1) cut your stock exhaust, expand the pipes, then clamp our x-pipe on
- OR - 2) cut your stock exhaust and weld our x-pipe on.
Any muffler shop can do this for you or you can do it yourself if you have the proper tools and knowledge to do so.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Lisa@Borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #30
david borla

Drives: Ford GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa@Borla View Post
Hi there,

Good question!

These are the proper X-Pipes, we just designed them to work directly with our rear sections for the 2016 Camaros, however you can use them with your stock mufflers, it will just take a little more effort on your part... Our X-Pipes won't directly bolt onto your stock mufflers so you'll have to either:
1) cut your stock exhaust, expand the pipes, then clamp our x-pipe on
- OR - 2) cut your stock exhaust and weld our x-pipe on.
Any muffler shop can do this for you or you can do it yourself if you have the proper tools and knowledge to do so.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Keep in mind the factory exhaust is one piece, meaning there is no connection point between the factory rear section and the factory X-Pipe.

As a result, you have to cut and clamp, or cut and weld, if you want to add ANY aftermarket X-Pipe to the stock rear mufflers on the 2016 Camaro SS with NPP.
david borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:10 PM   #31
Lisa@Borla

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleL View Post
Hi, Lisa. I have a few questions:
Will I be able to use the X pipe for LT's in the future?
What is the difference between the X pipe that's street legal and the one that isn't? I see it says it's smog legal, but what is the difference in the two?
Also, for the X pipe w/o afm valve, will that cause any cel to come on if it is not hooked up?
Hi Kyle,

-We will actually be releasing our Long Tube Headers and our 3" exhaust systems specifically designed to go with our Long Tube Headers soon. We will also be offering an adapter that will enable you to use our X-Pipes that are out now with our Long Tube Headers as well, so yes.

-Our competition/racing only X-Pipes delete the secondary cats and the street/smog legal X-Pipes keep the factory cats.

-Yes, you will get a CEL if you delete the AFM valves. We usually don't recommend that you get our x-pipe without AFM valves unless you are going to be highly modifying your vehicle with Long Tube Headers, etc... but if you do decide to get Long Tube Headers, then you will get a CEL also because Long Tube Headers require you to remove the factory cats. This is why this set up is also considered competition/racing only or NOT street/smog legal.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Lisa@Borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #32
KyleL

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Hi Kyle,

-We will actually be releasing our Long Tube Headers and our 3" exhaust systems specifically designed to go with our Long Tube Headers soon. We will also be offering an adapter that will enable you to use our X-Pipes that are out now with our Long Tube Headers as well, so yes.

-Our competition/racing only X-Pipes delete the secondary cats and the street/smog legal X-Pipes keep the factory cats.

-Yes, you will get a CEL if you delete the AFM valves. We usually don't recommend that you get our x-pipe without AFM valves unless you are going to be highly modifying your vehicle with Long Tube Headers, etc... but if you do decide to get Long Tube Headers, then you will get a CEL also because Long Tube Headers require you to remove the factory cats. This is why this set up is also considered competition/racing only or NOT street/smog legal.

Thanks for the response. I do plan on going with LTs in the future, so I will definitely need a tune. Can the tune remove any cel caused by not hooking up the afm valves?
Old 06-02-2016, 05:32 PM   #33
Tazz3069

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Hi Kyle,

Thanx Lisa.

That clarifies everything. I will be placing my order soon.

2016 Camaro 2SS "Black Widow"
Tazz3069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #34
mjgocamaro_girl

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS mosaic black
Will there be a video for the axle back ATAK non npp? If not will it sound the same as the npp? My husband is ready to buy but would like to have an idea of the sound. He is comparing it to the Flowmaster outlaw axle back. Is there much difference between the axle back & the rear, xpipes as shown on the video? Thanks
Old 06-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #35
david borla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgocamaro_girl View Post
Will there be a video for the axle back ATAK non npp? If not will it sound the same as the npp? My husband is ready to buy but would like to have an idea of the sound. He is comparing it to the Flowmaster outlaw axle back. Is there much difference between the axle back & the rear, xpipes as shown on the video? Thanks
Sound is very similar to the NPP with valves open.

Start with the rear section/axle back and then add an X-pipe later if you desire additional sound modification.

Our systems have NO DRONE, they are DRONE-FREE, and we stand behind them with a million mile warranty, including our exhaust tips (read the find print on other companies' warranty verbiage). We specifically warranty for rust because the material we use will never rust (again read the others' fine print).
Old 06-03-2016, 01:47 PM   #36
fsusmithc2
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 50th Anniversary
I have a 2017 2SS on order and I'm getting my wish list in order and a full Borla cat-back setup sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Only issue is I specifically ordered the car to not have NPP because all loud all the time is fine by me. Any rough guess as to when the non-NPP rear section is expected? I'm probably taking delivery of my new ride around the end of July or early August and might be looking at exhaust pretty soon after that.
Current: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary (#350)- 12.22 @ 115mph
- MX0 8-speed automatic, CF5 power sunroof

Former: 2012 1LT/RS A6 - 14.11 @ 99.75mph

Order: TMFF65
1100 - 5/19/16 | 2000 - 5/26/16 | 3000 - 6/1/16
3100 - 6/6/16 (TPW 6/20) | 3300 - 6/9/16
3400 - 6/10/16 | 4200 - 6/23/16 | 4300 - 6/28/16
5000 - 6/30/16 | 6000 - 7/1/16

Club F1FTY
fsusmithc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 02:07 PM   #37
david borla

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsusmithc2 View Post
I have a 2017 2SS on order and I'm getting my wish list in order and a full Borla cat-back setup sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Only issue is I specifically ordered the car to not have NPP because all loud all the time is fine by me. Any rough guess as to when the non-NPP rear section is expected? I'm probably taking delivery of my new ride around the end of July or early August and might be looking at exhaust pretty soon after that.
Already released! - Both S-Type and ATAK

S-Type - https://www.borla.com/products/camar...rt__11922.html

ATAK - https://www.borla.com/products/camar...rt__11923.html

Add an X-Pipe later if you want additional sound enhancements and the touring resonator if it's too loud.

Prices on our website are full retail. You can find them for a bit less at your favorite retailer.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:22 PM   #38
GreaseMonkey83

Drives: 2016 Camaro
So from what I am gathering, for my factory NPP car I can buy the x-pipe first and install with some minor modification to the inlet tubes on the stock muffler (cut-spread-clamp). Then down the road I can ditch the stock muffler and buy an axle back from you guys and basically bolt it in. And then even further down the road I can buy your headers and bolt them in as well. Pretty cool idea, ill definitely be looking into buying an x-pipe as my next mod if this is how it works.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:00 PM   #39
david borla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey83 View Post
So from what I am gathering, for my factory NPP car I can buy the x-pipe first and install with some minor modification to the inlet tubes on the stock muffler (cut-spread-clamp). Then down the road I can ditch the stock muffler and buy an axle back from you guys and basically bolt it in. And then even further down the road I can buy your headers and bolt them in as well. Pretty cool idea, ill definitely be looking into buying an x-pipe as my next mod if this is how it works.
Yes!
Old 06-03-2016, 04:06 PM   #40
fsusmithc2
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by david borla View Post
Already released! - Both S-Type and ATAK

S-Type - https://www.borla.com/products/camar...rt__11922.html

ATAK - https://www.borla.com/products/camar...rt__11923.html

Add an X-Pipe later if you want additional sound enhancements and the touring resonator if it's too loud.

Prices on our website are full retail. You can find them for a bit less at your favorite retailer.
Well then, that answers that question. I was basing my comment on the original post saying it was coming soon but soon must have been sooner than I thought. You guys are at the top of my list as of now.
Current: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary (#350)- 12.22 @ 115mph
- MX0 8-speed automatic, CF5 power sunroof

Former: 2012 1LT/RS A6 - 14.11 @ 99.75mph

Order: TMFF65
1100 - 5/19/16 | 2000 - 5/26/16 | 3000 - 6/1/16
3100 - 6/6/16 (TPW 6/20) | 3300 - 6/9/16
3400 - 6/10/16 | 4200 - 6/23/16 | 4300 - 6/28/16
5000 - 6/30/16 | 6000 - 7/1/16

Club F1FTY
fsusmithc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:50 PM   #41
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
Ordered the x pipe set up and ATAK rear section through a vendor today. Can't wait. Glad I finally have a lift in the shop. Should make it easier to install!
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:14 AM   #42
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
May be a dumb question but I am wondering if it is ok to install the rear section now and then install the x pipe set up later. (The x pipe isn't 't due to ship for several weeks.) will this complicate the install?
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, borla, borla exhaust, borla performance industries, exhaust system