Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 12-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #15
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterleeman View Post
I'd recommend the 1050's. If in the future you decide to go with E85, then the 850's will be too small. The in-line pump is the way to go - it will also support E85 demands.
I thought ID was discontinuing the 850's?

Either way, for only a couple hundred more it's a no brainer (for most) to go with the 1050's (given the ss construction, and E85 compatibility and higher volume (future upgrades)).
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:47 AM   #16
VRZL113

Drives: 2013 VR ZL1, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
Loosing boost because you've upgraded to headers, ported heads, ported intake, ported blower, and or cams is not a bad thing. Boost for the most part is just a measurement (psi) of air restriction in our forced induction cars.

We think of increasing power easily (cheapest route) by increasing boost from spinning the blower faster with pulley upgrades but this will also generate more heat which is not a good thing. You will have to counteract the heat by upgrading your heat exchanger and maybe also a chiller system if your into drag racing to keep the temps in check between runs.

Headers and free flowing exhaust along with some engine porting work and maybe a cam (more expensive route) also if you like will lower some of the air restrictions (psi) but your hp and torque will see a great improvement.

You will need to upgrade and replace your injectors and maybe additional pump flow for the appropriate hp level to keep the injector duty cycle in a safe percentage so as you keep from leaning out you fuel which as we know if you lean it out to too much it will burn a piston or worst.

I hope I've said it correctly in my post and lf not l hope others with more technical knowledge can step in and correct anything l may have gotten wrong. I hope this helps and not further confuse you.
This!
#3257 | 485whp 526wtq | K&N 63-3079 | Gates K080660HD (Green Belt) | ACDelco UPF48R | ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill | Mild2Wild
VRZL113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:34 PM   #17
SN69SH

Drives: 2015 ZL1 [Tallulah2]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
I thought ID was discontinuing the 850's?

Either way, for only a couple hundred more it's a no brainer (for most) to go with the 1050's (given the ss construction, and E85 compatibility and higher volume (future upgrades)).
The id850 are discontinued. I went with the id1050x. Thanks all.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:21 PM   #18
BlackMambaZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
IMHO... If you mod the car once you will mod it again in the future. I said I was done 2 years ago. I just got back from a 4 hour tow each way to get my car tuned because I really wasn't done.

Do injectors. And do bigger than you think you will need. I am not a fan of pushing them past 90% capacity. You risk a chance of injector failure and leaning out then "boom goes the dynamite". They are expensive but it is better than having to buy another set when you do more mods... I know from experience. I did a 65lb bosch then went to the 1300ID's. Would have saved me $550 if I had done the 1300's out of the gate. If you do not want to run e85 but want to run aggressive pulleys... get the 1050ID. And when the day comes you decide you want to do a cam and e85 (It will, it always does haha) you will be sooooo happy you did the bigger injectors. If you can swing ID's your tuner will love you for it. They are the best on the market and it really makes a difference.

Also, the DSX Aux fuel kit is far superior to a BAP. I have done a lot of research and I landed on this and... DAMN. DSX's customer service is amazing and the product is superior to anything that I have seen in the price range.

But, I am not trying to spend your money haha. If you want to do mild pulleys and LTH's the 850 is enough and recommended.
764RWHP on e85 683RWHP on 91. M6 Black on Black on Black. 1300ID's, DSX Aux Pump and Flex Fuel Sensor, Lingenfelter 2.5 upper 9.5 lower, 100MM idler, AFCO HX w/ FANS. 1 7/8"ARH exhaust to axle incl LTH, MF's, Fuel Lab FF, Lingenfelter ported snout and TB, Lingenfelter CAI, RotoFab coolant tank, NGK 2 steps colder spark plugs, Moroso catch can, BTR Stage III cam, crank case breather. Tuned by Power Labs in Idaho Falls, ID.
BlackMambaZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
injectors, longtube headers, midpipe, pulleys, x-pipe