Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2020 Camaro Fest (X)

AWE Tuning

Old 04-06-2020, 07:41 AM   #85
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
After finding out that this years Camarofest has been cancelled, you would not believe the disappointment. I understand and agree with the decision. Believe or not I was looking forward to that 10+ hour drive.....just me and my Camaro. A shout out to the whole Camarofest crew for all that you do, my refund has already been transacted. See you guys next year.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:16 AM   #86
Mpsmith1

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD DAB View Post
After finding out that this years Camarofest has been cancelled, you would not believe the disappointment. I understand and agree with the decision. Believe or not I was looking forward to that 10+ hour drive.....just me and my Camaro. A shout out to the whole Camarofest crew for all that you do, my refund has already been transacted. See you guys next year.

Great point about the refund. Geez, it was fast!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mpsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:29 AM   #87
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Not jumping the gun at all.

This decision included variables totally outside whether this pandemic is gone or not. Some of our key team members have lost jobs, and already informed us they will not make it. That goes for attendees as well who desperately need refunds now. We have a no refund policy to ensure the event remains funded, but there is no way we would ever deny anyone a refund in this situation. Our team, vendors and attendee families come first.

You also just can't pause and then try to put things together in 2 months either. We're talking about two separate tracks, convention center, hotels and a ton of vendor interaction, not to mention awards, shirts, coins pre-sales and advertising. Joe and I have real jobs and this takes many months of planning.

Our economy has taken a hit like never before and everyone needs time to recover, including myself.

Hang in there buddy... getting some immunity to this thing may be a silver lining for you.

Was really looking forward to hanging out with you too. Yeah, we've already paused long enough on some of the cool ideas we had for #10 that there is no way we could do it justice at this point. Just more time to get ready for the BIG ONE in 2021.
Yeah looking at the big picture like this really puts this decision in perspective. It's a difficult one to make, but there's definitely a lot more that goes into making this call than whether or not we can have large gatherings by July. You guys have done an amazing job in the past with these events and I'm sure 2021 won't disappoint. I was on the fence about whether I could make it to this one or not, now that this one's postponed to next year I'll be blocking it off in my calendar right now

Everyone stay safe, stay healthy, and I look forward to partying/racing with everyone in 2021!!
Old 04-06-2020, 09:46 AM   #88
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
I really do enjoy the drive. Vegas and CamaroCon was a blast for me and I sure hope they can keep it together. Lots of disappointments these days but health is #1. More time to make it more awesome in 2021.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpsmith1 View Post
Great point about the refund. Geez, it was fast!
I was worried about that and didn't want anyone wondering. Glad my full afternoon of processing these worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radametz View Post
Yeah looking at the big picture like this really puts this decision in perspective. It's a difficult one to make, but there's definitely a lot more that goes into making this call than whether or not we can have large gatherings by July. You guys have done an amazing job in the past with these events and I'm sure 2021 won't disappoint. I was on the fence about whether I could make it to this one or not, now that this one's postponed to next year I'll be blocking it off in my calendar right now

Everyone stay safe, stay healthy, and I look forward to partying/racing with everyone in 2021!!
Thanks for understanding. Sometimes we are just a small piece of the big picture. Our families, health and economy are way more important right now.

Old 04-06-2020, 10:58 AM   #89
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
So sorry to hear this. Stay safe and be well.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:43 AM   #90
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
No travel cookies.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:36 AM   #91
BAD DAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
No travel cookies.
No travel cookies...........Even more disappointment! You and your family stay safe my friend. See ya next year.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
Old 04-08-2020, 08:54 AM   #92
Mpsmith1

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
No travel cookies...........Even more disappointment! You and your family stay safe my friend. See ya next year.

Aw crap.... you HAD to mentioned the cookies!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mpsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:07 AM   #93
MRLZL1LE

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE 6MT
damn, all my family is from BGKY and it would be my first Camaro Fest. I was looking forward to this but I guess it is what it is. See you all next year!
Rotofab, Ported TB, 2.3 Pulley, ATI balancer w DSX 9.06 Lower ring, LME heads, 2" Kooks, custom cam, DOD Delete, Cordes Low side fuel system, Flex Fuel Kit, MM Catch can, ZL1 addons tow hook, ZL1 addons rock gaurds, Diode dynamics blacked out side markers
MRLZL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 05:50 PM   #94
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
So sad! I was really looking forward to this! This summer is turning out to be a real bust!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:56 PM   #95
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
CamaroCon is now cancelled in October as well
Old 05-03-2020, 10:00 PM   #96
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Im still planning on going to BG like a few others.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:00 PM   #97
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
I would love to go regardless but since I don’t have a job anymore because of this whole thing, it will have to wait till next year.
Old 05-11-2020, 01:26 PM   #98
BAD DAB

Damn!......This is about the time that I start my planning and preparations for Camarofest. The excitement and joy of getting ready to Camarovan to Bowling Green. Looking forward to next year with the same excitement.