Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

AWE Tuning

Old 02-20-2020, 01:36 PM   #1
mary2.0

Drives: 17 Camaro 2.0 50th Anniversary
Compatible Brake Pads?

First time changing brake pads. I seen another user mention they used these a while back:

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Z26-171.../dp/B00Z6LMNBW

I have a 50th anniversary with the orange calipers in the front. Would these pads work? I saw a picture in the amazon review with them installed.

Now I just have to figure out something for the rear pads.

Help! D:

Edit:

Apparently these are the front brake pads? I'm so confused.

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Stop-PS.../dp/B01CFL945S
mary2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:48 PM   #2
urirx98

Drives: 2016 Bumble Bee Yellow 2SS
i bought powerstop z23s for front and back, they arent as great as i was hoping ( they say they are better for daily driving, than z26 ( better for tracking) they stop pretty well, but they are sqeeking like crazy when cold starting, they are fine when car drives but its super annoying at 8am when pulling out of garage and brand new brakes make more noise than they did before they were replaced
Old 04-16-2021, 07:56 AM   #3
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
The first set of pads you have linked are the Z26 pads that would fit on the rear SS caliper (brembo 4-piston). The Second set you have linked are the Track Day pads that will fit your front calipers. Here's what each of the different powerstop pads are for, just gotta pick the ones that work best for how you want to use the car:

Z23: Carbon-ceramic low dust pad. They will have lower dust compared to stock but won't perform as well. They'll have slightly reduced stopping power when cold, and even worse stopping power as they get hot so you won't want to use these on the track or on the street of you're planning on heavy braking.

Z26: Same as the Z23, but an added stainless steel shim. Will have the same performance issues as the Z23. Despite being marketed suited for "extreme performance" they are definitely not track pads or meant for severe braking use either.

PST: These are Powerstop's track day pads. They'll hold up decently for novice/intermediate track driving and heavy street use, but will dust just as bad if not worse than OE pads.