Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-10-2019, 04:33 AM   #4957
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Can someone please post this over on M6G so I can see them all have a nuclear meltdown??!!
M6G doesn't Magazine race. They'll be fine.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:11 AM   #4958
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
M6G doesn't Magazine race. They'll be fine.
Go take your medication old man.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:21 AM   #4959
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Go take your medication old man.
You absolutely hate it. When I call you on your loony bird, magazine racer posts. Dont ya. Tell me another story about how you hit 180. On road courses. Or how your gonna take out a GT500 at the strip.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:16 AM   #4960
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
You absolutely hate it. When I call you on your loony bird, magazine racer posts. Dont ya. Tell me another story about how you hit 180. On road courses. Or how your gonna take out a GT500 at the strip.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/thr.../#post-2738614

From the site that doesn't magazine race. An article. From a magazine. About racing a Mustang.

Anyway, I no longer have any use for you. You've straight up resorted to nothing but trolling and for someone your age (50+) that is just sad and pathetic. Maybe your wife doesn't give you enough attention so you follow me around this forum. I don't know. But you're borderline obsessed and stalky and that much is obvious. The GT500 is a flop. The fact that with all that HP and after 6 years it still can't obliterate the unchanged ZL1 from 2017 is a testament to how awesome the Z really is. All that remains is to see the 500 lose around a track which is coming sooner than you think. So I've had my fun. But you bring nothing to the table and the 500 is proving to be nothing special. The R is overpriced since not one owner cared enough to buy one at MSRP, lol!! And nobody here, least of all you, is even getting a 500. Heck you're still driving a 90s era Mustang and your wife's 15 GT. You tried and failed. Ford tried and failed. The dust from all the 500 hype is settling and the ZL1 and C8 are standing tall. So you're dismissed. It's not even worth battering you around anymore. Just, put you out of your misery. LOL!!

For the record, even the NA 495 HP C8 can do better than 11.4. Not that it should matter to you since you're not in a position to get any of these cars being discussed anyway. Enjoy 2015 bro. Adios.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:19 AM   #4961
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Lol m6 is going to crash for a few hours... this is pretty much what most of us with a brain expected, on an unprepped surface it wouldn't be all that but will be able to run 10s on prepped surfaces and probably wreck the zl1 on a roll race. The trap speed definately backs that last statement up.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:32 AM   #4962
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Lol m6 is going to crash for a few hours... this is pretty much what most of us with a brain expected, on an unprepped surface it wouldn't be all that but will be able to run 10s on prepped surfaces and probably wreck the zl1 on a roll race. The trap speed definately backs that last statement up.
They'll be fine. They'll just switch to talking about the trap speed. And 0-150 MPH will now be the performance mark.

At 760 HP and with a DOHC engine it absolutely should beat a ZL1 on a roll. Up until 180 MPH that is. But that just shows what it takes to beat a ZL1 at something, anything. LOL!! I remember about 10 years ago I was having my GT built at a shop and I was talking about racing against Vettes. My buddy said that to beat a Vette you have to overpower them by a lot and spend a lot of money because at the same HP you will lose. And that seems to be the case with the Camaros now. GM is battling mega HP, high priced cars with (relatively) cheap and (relatively) underpowered Camaros and still matching them if not beating them. Now imagine if the ZL1 had even just an extra 50 HP. At 700 HP there would be no competition for it.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:33 AM   #4963
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
You make some very good points. But in each case you are also paying less for those cars. The GS is less than the Z06 option for option. The SLE is less than the ZL1. Would you have still bought the SLE if it costed more than the ZL1? Would you have bought the GS if it costed more than a similarly equipped Z06?

Again I am not talking preference. I am talking about if the car you preferred costed more than a better performing higher trim of the same make/model, would you have picked it.
You're not wrong there, I do expect my NA equivalent car to be cheaper for sure. It has less equipment, why wouldn't it be, and I wouldn't pay a premium for the experience but I know some would. I personally wouldn't pay more for a gt350 than a 500 but if I was a ford guy that needed the manual NA experience, I don't have much of a choice and can see why some would go for the gt350 even at those prices.

I paid well under msrp for the GS and the ss 1le, so even less than you would think than their supercharged auto counterparts. I'm all about the experience of an NA manual car, but I still like to get the most for my money so I get you're logical way of thinking about getting the most car for the money.

While you're not talking preference, that does factor in. You and I wouldn't pay more for less but some would if their preference is that strong. Shoot people pour tons of money into shitty rat rods lol.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:33 AM   #4964
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:

From the site that doesn't magazine race. An article. From a magazine. About racing a Mustang.

Anyway, I no longer have any use for you. You've straight up resorted to nothing but trolling and for someone your age (50+) that is just sad and pathetic. Maybe your wife doesn't give you enough attention so you follow me around this forum. I don't know. But you're borderline obsessed and stalky and that much is obvious. The GT500 is a flop. The fact that with all that HP and after 6 years it still can't obliterate the unchanged ZL1 from 2017 is a testament to how awesome the Z really is. All that remains is to see the 500 lose around a track which is coming sooner than you think. So I've had my fun. But you bring nothing to the table and the 500 is proving to be nothing special. The R is overpriced since not one owner cared enough to buy one at MSRP, lol!! And nobody here, least of all you, is even getting a 500. Heck you're still driving a 90s era Mustang and your wife's 15 GT. You tried and failed. Ford tried and failed. The dust from all the 500 hype is settling and the ZL1 and C8 are standing tall. So you're dismissed. It's not even worth battering you around anymore. Just, put you out of your misery. LOL!!

For the record, even the NA 495 HP C8 can do better than 11.4. Not that it should matter to you since you're not in a position to get any of these cars being discussed anyway. Enjoy 2015 bro. Adios.
Damn....I gotta throw a flag on the play here, BW. You clearly don't like the GT500 or the GT350R. And you don't like Ford's approach to how they roll out their performance vehicles. We get it. But calling either of those cars a failure is sorta way out there, bro. YOU don't like, don't want, and don't think they're worth the $$. Cool. Got it. But "failure"? Not many failures can do 0-60-0 in 10 seconds. Or trip the 1/4 mile light at 130+. GT350 / GT500 / ZL1/ ZLE / C8....all great cars. We're lucky to be in a time where we have to choose between them. The ZL1 is still great without having to denigrate the GT500. Just sayin'....

And seriously, the personal attacks man? Calling out GSJ's family? (BTW - I have it on good authority that she is a helluva racer). Be better than that.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 12-10-2019 at 07:59 AM.
Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:36 AM   #4965
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Quote:
M6G doesn't Magazine race.

Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:00 AM   #4966
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
This exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Damn....I gotta throw a flag on the play here, BW. You clearly don't like the GT500 or the GT350R. And you don't like Ford's approach to how they roll out their performance vehicles. We get it. But calling either of those cars a failure is a sorta way out there, bro. YOU don't like, don't want, and don't think they're worth the $$. Cool. Got it. But "failure"? Not many failures can do 0-60-0 in 10 seconds. Or trip the 1/4 mile late at 130+. GT350 / GT500 / ZL1/ ZLE / C8....all great cars. We're lucky to be in a time where we have to choose between them. The ZL1 is still great without having to denigrate the GT500. Just sayin'....

And seriously, the personal attacks man? Calling out GSJ's family? (BTW - I have it on good authority that she is a helluva racer). Be better than that.
Also this.

The GT500 is doing exactly what I predicted. Slotting in between GM and Dodge in the 1/4 mile, while road course remains to be seen. I also predicted 11s unprepped, and mid-high 10's on prepped surfaces...looks like that is turning out to be very accurate.

Price will always be subjective...it the premium for a GT500 worth it over it's counterparts? Who can say except those willing to pay for them...I justify big expenses on certain cars I own, doesn't mean they are worth it
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:04 AM   #4967
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
LOL, did you get tired of talking about him on M6G, figured you would man up and do it over here at least?

I would be embarrassed bro, especially after your nonsense claim that M6G doesnt Mag Race. The 500 isnt hardly out yet, and all you guys have been doing is comparing time to ZL1 mag times.

WTH do you call that if not mag racing?
Old 12-10-2019, 08:11 AM   #4968
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Ou
Quote:

Good post. Full of bravado as usual. I won't resort to name calling today. And I'm not getting into if I can afford. To lease a ZL1 or not. But most adults with a decent job can. You did. Now to my point. I've never seen anyone so happy. About a run on concrete before? I guess magazine racers only understand magazine times. I'm going to just throw this out there. When you ran your 11.9 in your auto ZL1. It was on a prepped track. Correct? The 10.9 ZL1 hero run on your fast list. Prepped track? The 9 second run. I made in my broke down 15 gt. Was on a prepped track! I think most are getting the point I'm making. Now without insulting anyones intelligence. You see a 125 trap speed. Then you see a 132 trap speed. Which car will be faster under normal racing conditions? This question is for the rest of the room. I know blaq doesn't understand this stuff.

Last edited by GossipSquirrelJelena; 12-10-2019 at 08:30 AM.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:14 AM   #4969
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Looks like MT did a track test at VIR... https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford...ck-test-review

But.... no lap times??!!

I'd think if the GT500 was crushing it, they'd have posted some times?

They did mention 170mph on the straight, which is flying. No question, the power is there...
Not surprised at that. I think MT is gearing up to offer the whole potato on one of their for-fee channels, so this is just a teaser. Sorta like the SS vs PP1 "cowboy racing" H2H that was on their for-fee channel for about a month before being released to the masses. I'm already subscribed to their for-fee channels so I'll be looking for it.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:34 AM   #4970
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
LOL, did you get tired of talking about him on M6G, figured you would man up and do it over here at least?

I would be embarrassed bro, especially after your nonsense claim that M6G doesnt Mag Race. The 500 isnt hardly out yet, and all you guys have been doing is comparing time to ZL1 mag times.

WTH do you call that if not mag racing?
Oh cool. You're here to back up the 180mph road course claim? Tell me where and when it happened? Ive never got up to more than 130. But Ive only driven at Jersey Motorsport park.