Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 08:49 AM   #113
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray View Post
I bought a '12 V6 Camaro, and was fixing it up. I wanted the 21' synergy wheels real bad, after putting the 4pack console gauges, whale tail spoiler, and splash guards on.
Was so happy with its nimble speed and great looks.
But when they started clearing out the 10-13 accessories at my dealer, I went to get the 21" synergy wheels and seen them on a '13 2SS marked at $39k, I jumped into the SS.

I still miss the V6's fuel economy but love the SS because of the accessories it came with.

Point is you can have just as much fun with the V6 modding it as the V8, just that the V8 is faster.

Enjoy it and maybe you will want to upgrade to a V8 later, after you have had fun with the V6.

I want a '13 ZL1 as my next toy to play with. See you will always want more.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I think a lot of folks are missing the OPs point.
He said he would rather be driving a Focus with 100k miles on it than a camaro. He only bought the camaro to impress other people, and now he is depressed because people are not impressed enough.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:51 AM   #114
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Hey op you know what I think you should just buy a tesla. You'll definitely impress some folks.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:08 AM   #115
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
I just got my 2015 Camaro V6 in March, and I personally like it. I get a lot of random compliments from it from people.....I have no personal issue with it.

But from looking at more comments on the internet, from being in this particular "group" on the internet, and from recently dating this one particular girl....I'm starting to not like my car anymore.

It's these comments I hear from the internet and within particular "groups" that:

- I have a fake Camaro
- Only the V8 Camaro is the real Camaro
- Why would you even drive that?
- You are a homosexual and you don't have any balls
- Make sure you wear a dress when you drive that V6 around
- What? I didn't know a Camaro could have only 6 cylinders, this fool has an imposter Camaro!

I don't understand this man. I got the car because I like the way it looks, that's it, end of story, nothing else to it. I don't race, why do I need a V8? The only thing I liked about the V8 package in terms of what I could "use" was that SOUND....I'm currently in the process of adding an MRTv2 to provide a more muscular sound.

But my feelings have been hurt, crushed, etc., it's even to the point of DEPRESSION. I know that sounds completely weird and extreme, but it's like on one hand when I take this out into the real world, I'm getting stares/compliments like crazy. Much more than I got from my previous car which was a 2011 Charger, which got stares/compliments but no where NEAR the level of the Camaro.

But when I hear all of this stuff about because my engine is a V6, I don't know, it's just starting to depress me and I'm being honest about that.

I don't WANT to trade my vehicle in after less than 3 months of having it for a V8, just to "feel better" about myself as the comments from these folks have honestly F'ed with my head.

I'm adding an MRTv2 Performance Package and that's going to provide a better muscular sound. From there, I personally LIKE the car and I like the compliments I get. But damn....I want to hold this car until 2021 - 2022 and I'm wondering can I mentally endure the HATE-FILLED comments from people because my engine has 6 cylinders and not 8?
What do these "friends" and other people drive? Be happy with your Camaro and be proud you can afford such a nice car. There are a LOT of people who can only dream about a Camaro - even a V6, because they'll never be able to afford it.

Please don't allow other people's comments to sway you into a frame of mind that what you say and do or what you own is or isn't "appropriate". BTW, the very first Camaro built in 1966 and the first one off the line in 1967 were both V6's! (see the video and story below).

and here: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/...-gm-nationals/

A V6 can comfortably serve as a daily driver due to its somewhat friendlier "economy" vs. the V8 in an SS+. The SS, on the other hand, has it's advantage(s) over the V6 elsewhere and on the track.

You can't go wrong with either unless (perhaps) you're tracking your 5th Gen. Camaro. It's an AWESOME looking vehicle (the compliments you alone have received should serve as sufficient testimony to that) which many people can only dream of ever owning. Be happy, be safe, be smart with your money and use it for other things in life (which many people can only ever dream of)!
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Last edited by Baba; 06-17-2016 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:18 AM   #116
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty35 View Post
I think a lot of folks are missing the OPs point.
He said he would rather be driving a Focus with 100k miles on it than a camaro. He only bought the camaro to impress other people, and now he is depressed because people are not impressed enough.
Nail-Head. Thread over. Thanks for playing all, you can go home now.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:20 AM   #117
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Can't bear to read nine pages, but have to add.....stop giving a shit about what anyone else thinks. The responses you posted on the original thread sound like they came from 6th graders.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:21 AM   #118
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
I just got my 2015 Camaro V6 in March, and I personally like it. I get a lot of random compliments from it from people.....I have no personal issue with it.

But from looking at more comments on the internet, from being in this particular "group" on the internet, and from recently dating this one particular girl....I'm starting to not like my car anymore.

It's these comments I hear from the internet and within particular "groups" that:

- I have a fake Camaro
- What? I didn't know a Camaro could have only 6 cylinders, this fool has an imposter Camaro!

I don't understand this man. I got the car because I like the way it looks, that's it, end of story, nothing else to it. I don't race, why do I need a V8? The only thing I liked about the V8 package in terms of what I could "use" was that SOUND....I'm currently in the process of adding an MRTv2 to provide a more muscular sound.

But my feelings have been hurt, crushed, etc., it's even to the point of DEPRESSION. I know that sounds completely weird and extreme, but it's like on one hand when I take this out into the real world, I'm getting stares/compliments like crazy. Much more than I got from my previous car which was a 2011 Charger, which got stares/compliments but no where NEAR the level of the Camaro.

But when I hear all of this stuff about because my engine is a V6, I don't know, it's just starting to depress me and I'm being honest about that.

I don't WANT to trade my vehicle in after less than 3 months of having it for a V8, just to "feel better" about myself as the comments from these folks have honestly F'ed with my head.

I'm adding an MRTv2 Performance Package and that's going to provide a better muscular sound. From there, I personally LIKE the car and I like the compliments I get. But damn....I want to hold this car until 2021 - 2022 and I'm wondering can I mentally endure the HATE-FILLED comments from people because my engine has 6 cylinders and not 8?

Dump the girl. Dump the so called "friends". Don't base your identity on your things. Base your identity on who you are, if you don't know who you are, find out.

Otherwise you will be controlled by people like this for your entire life until you finally go postal.

If I listened to every Mustang hater, I'd probably be depressed too. Does it depress me? nope. It is their loss IMO. I'm happy to own a car that has 50 years of uninterrupted heritage. It's a working man's Muscle Car. and I work for a living and have no shame running with the ponies.

Yes, it has the V8. People around here are like "Why didn't you get a BOSS or the GT500?" "I got what I wanted and did the mods that I wanted."

I know who I am, I have no desire to compete with the Jones' family living next door. **** everyone else and live your life the way YOU want. And find some supportive friends, because those people, they're not your friends.

Your V6 is dumping more HP on the road than a lot of V8's were just 5 years ago.

The Ford GT is pushing 600+ HP with a Twin Turbocharged V6 and made Pole Position for the up coming Le Mans race.

Porches are running 500HP with Flat sixes, turbo charged.

Who are you? Are you a man who thinks for himself and makes his own decisions? or a child who needs other's approval for what he does?
Old 06-17-2016, 09:29 AM   #119
Criticalmass

Quote:
I don't know why it bothers me, maybe it bothers me because if it were just up to ME, I would be driving a 2003 Ford Focus with 100k plus miles on it and ride it until the wheels came off. If it were just up to me, I would ride for basic transportation only.

I bought the Charger in 2011 and I bought the Camaro this year mainly to impress women and random people coming down the road/at a spotlight that I would never meet. That's the truth.

So when I read these comments, it just makes it feel as though I made a BAD purchase....however....when I logically look at everything, I actually made a very GOOD purchase because there's no reason for me to spend $13k more for the V8 version (2014 or 2015 year) and I surely wasn't going to buy a 2010 V8 version which is a 6 - 7 year old car.

Maybe my entire foundation is off regardless and I shouldn't be trying to "impress women" or other people like this in general.....but then again, I personally liked the Charger and I like the Camaro.

I've only had ONE woman I've been dating talk about why didn't I get the V8. That honestly hurt though, even though it didn't stop her from sleeping with me, it still hurt when she said that.
I drove a Ford Focus from 2009 to 2014. Coupe SES (you won't see many of these on the road) SES with tuned suspension. I loved that car, I could take it to the limit every day, everywhere I went, and it was fun as hell to drive. I hit the governor on that car more than once. My wife married me for ME and she loved that car too.

I can't say this enough, your girlfriend needs to go. She's not for you.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:29 AM   #120
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
[QUOTE=Criticalmass;9155865]Dump the girl. Dump the so called "friends". Don't base your identity on your things. Base your identity on who you are, if you don't know who you are, find out.

Otherwise you will be controlled by people like this for your entire life until you finally go postal.

If I listened to every Mustang hater, I'd probably be depressed too. Does it depress me? nope. It is their loss IMO. I'm happy to own a car that has 50 years of uninterrupted heritage. It's a working man's Muscle Car. and I work for a living and have no shame running with the ponies.

Yes, it has the V8. People around here are like "Why didn't you get a BOSS or the GT500?" "I got what I wanted and did the mods that I wanted."

I know who I am, I have no desire to compete with the Jones' family living next door. **** everyone else and live your life the way YOU want. And find some supportive friends, because those people, they're not your friends.

Your V6 is dumping more HP on the road than a lot of V8's were just 5 years ago.

The Ford GT is pushing 600+ HP with a Twin Turbocharged V6 and made Pole Position for the up coming Le Mans race.

Who are you? Are you a man who thinks for himself and makes his own decisions? or a child who needs other's approval for what he does?[/QUOTE]

Well, I am pretty sure I'm a child, other wise I would quit spending so much money on toys.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:37 AM   #121
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
LMAO this is funny.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:40 AM   #122
deweyg63

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 500+ h.p. monster
Thicken that skin brother!!! Do what you want. Drive what you want. I'm guessing the haters you encounter are driving Kias or pacers or some such shit. One of the good things about getting older is you just don't give a damn what people think. I drive a rusty old piece of shit dodge ram to work every day and couldn't care less what people think. I wouldn't worry about trying to change the sound of you're V6 either
Old 06-17-2016, 09:41 AM   #123
Criticalmass

[QUOTE=Rusty35;9155886]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticalmass View Post
Dump the girl. Dump the so called "friends". Don't base your identity on your things. Base your identity on who you are, if you don't know who you are, find out.

Who are you? Are you a man who thinks for himself and makes his own decisions? or a child who needs other's approval for what he does?[/QUOTE]

Well, I am pretty sure I'm a child, other wise I would quit spending so much money on toys.
To me, it's not a toy, I drive my car every day, to and from work. I take care of it, baby it even. It's a lifestyle. I'm a car guy. I appreciate all sports/muscle cars for what they are. Some I like, some I don't, but I still appreciate them.

There are a lot of elitist assholes in the world who think if you don't have what they have, you're nothing. These people aren't car people. They're just ignorant assholes, and there's a LOT of them on the Corvette forums and sadly, most of them can't drive their own cars to the limits without wrecking them. They're too ignorant to understand the physics of Hydroplaning, and when, at what speed, it can happen. So about once every two weeks there's another post about a Corvette that hydroplaned and wrecked....

Power is only a small part of the equation. learning how to harness that power, when to harness it, these are much bigger parts of that equation.

And the girlfriend still needs to go, she will always be a negative influence in the OP's life and she will always want more "things" than he can give her. Trust me, I have first hand experience of women like this. Don't waste your precious time on her.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:43 AM   #124
deweyg63

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 500+ h.p. monster
Oh and I forgot....the only time a guy should be "torn" is if he has a nightmarish encounter with a guy named Snake while showering in prison!
Old 06-17-2016, 09:56 AM   #125
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:

- I have a fake Camaro

Do YOU, man! I have people tell me that i'm stupid for driving a car like this when I have 2 kids. I have people tell me its a huge waste of money. I have friends that just like to get under your skin and no matter what I do, they'll find a reason to harass me.

STICKS AND STONES! If YOU like the car and YOU like its looks and YOU are making the payment or wrote the check for it or whatever, then what everyone else thinks shouldn't matter. Don't look to other people for validation. You'll never win! Do what makes you happy. There will ALWAYS be little people who belittle other people. It makes them feel better about the issues that they are struggling with. Misery loves company.

I think your car is sharp!! Strap a TT kit on there an then see who is talking

All the best,

Jared Royce
Old 06-17-2016, 10:00 AM   #126
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:

- I have a fake Camaro

Dont add an MRT unless you also add a Magnaflow resonated X-pipe or it will still sound like shick at high RPM.

Closed Thread