Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 08-14-2020, 07:01 PM   #85
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
... my C6Z would do 60mph in 1st. "So what?" for me as well.
My gixxer did 90mph in 1st

It’s really just an issue with how the car feels. The z06 is not a car you want to rev to the moon and take on tight twisty roads for the joy of driving. It’s more like a sledgehammer.

When you drive the gt4, its all about shifting and revving. It’s in it’s element on tight twisty roads where as the z06 wants the nurburgring.

I promise if you drove it, it would drive you nuts.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:04 PM   #86
LESS1

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
Can confirm that the gearing almost ruins them.

Imagine having this incredible motor, chassis, and transmission, and all you want to do is rev to the moon and be constantly shifting

but you can’t. It’s so fustrating.

It’s not even just a problem with the gt4 and spyder, it’s a problem with all boxsters and caymans. It’s more of a problem on the gt4 and spyder because it is just so fustrating that you can’t enjoy it more.
That is just one more way for Porsche to protect 911 sales. Can't have the "peoples car" outperform the staple product now can we?
LESS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:23 PM   #87
GuywithL86

Quote:
Originally Posted by LESS1 View Post
That is just one more way for Porsche to protect 911 sales. Can't have the "peoples car" outperform the staple product now can we?
It is 100% the reason they do it
Old 08-14-2020, 07:30 PM   #88
LESS1

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:

It’s really just an issue with how the car feels. The z06 is not a car you want to rev to the moon and take on tight twisty roads for the joy of driving. It’s more like a sledgehammer.

When you drive the gt4, its all about shifting and revving. It’s in it’s element on tight twisty roads where as the z06 wants the nurburgring.

Huh? sub 3200lbs car with over 450whp stock with Ti rods and 7K RPM from a 427CI engine and razor sharp turn in... yeah you've never driven a C6 Z06 in its element... road or track. I test drove GT4 on two separate occasions and they are fantastic cars. C6 Z06 is certainly no slouch and is light on it's feet and nimble with a good alignment. That is what a lot of folks seem to not get. Most cars (not Porsche and some BMW) from the factory are on very conservative alignment specs. Especially C5/C6 Vettes. Considering the intended market it is understandable. Put a good alignment on these cars and they come alive. C8 is another example of this approach... again owing to the intended market and the move to mid engine layout. Which most potential C8 owners will have never experienced. So Chevy went conservative and dialed in a little extra understeer to keep these new ME drivers out of trouble.
LESS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:54 PM   #89
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
My bro has a Boxster that he has gone from mild to turbo wild on. I would say it is going to be hard to compare a mid engine 9000 RPM ride, one that is just what men around the world dream about... to a Camaro. If I could swing it, it would be GT4. It is the difference between a trophy wife (my oldlady) and a supermodel. I luv the oldlady but she just ain't in the ballpark.
My bro is a pilot so when I'm over at his house I beat the snot out of his ride and leave it with no fuel. Just drive it like I stole it. It is a heck of a ride. Of course I don't let him drive the Camaro. Just saying.
I'm a pilot, fly a $60M private jet all over the world, I bought a 2020 Camaro 2SS (and I could have bought a Porsche of any model, but I still bought a Camaro), American V8 Muscle, nothin better!
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:55 PM   #90
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:

Not hating on any car. GT4 is awesome, just not for me. I had a Lotus Elise before the C6Z. 8500 redline with a 1980lb curb weight. I figured out later that I was a "nurburgring car guy" (awesome analogy by the way, I'm now adopting it ). Thank God there's a car for everyone!
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:04 PM   #91
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
I'm a pilot, fly a $60M private jet all over the world, I bought a 2020 Camaro 2SS (and I could have bought a Porsche of any model, but I still bought a Camaro), American V8 Muscle, nothin better!
That says a whole lot about the 6th gens. World class. Never thought I'd be here, but here I am and loving it.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:48 PM   #92
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Randy Pobst offers his opinion on which Camaro 1LE he would personally choose after driving both the SS 1LE and ZL1 1LE. And his choice? The 2.0 turbo 1LE! Funny short interview, but as expected, the 2.0 1LE has the best balance of the three.

Randy's interview starts at 1:54.

https://youtu.be/J2nqKD7woMc
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:22 PM   #93
GuywithL86

Quote:
Originally Posted by LESS1 View Post
Huh? sub 3200lbs car with over 450whp stock with Ti rods and 7K RPM from a 427CI engine and razor sharp turn in... yeah you've never driven a C6 Z06 in its element... road or track. I test drove GT4 on two separate occasions and they are fantastic cars. C6 Z06 is certainly no slouch and is light on it's feet and nimble with a good alignment. That is what a lot of folks seem to not get. Most cars (not Porsche and some BMW) from the factory are on very conservative alignment specs. Especially C5/C6 Vettes. Considering the intended market it is understandable. Put a good alignment on these cars and they come alive. C8 is another example of this approach... again owing to the intended market and the move to mid engine layout. Which most potential C8 owners will have never experienced. So Chevy went conservative and dialed in a little extra understeer to keep these new ME drivers out of trouble.
I have driven a c6 z06 and my dad has a boxster spyder.

You’re not understanding what I’m talking about. The boxster feels like a miata on tight twisty roads. I’m not talking about weight, it just feels like it wants to be thrown around. I know all too much about the c6z, sorry but it is not even close to tbe same driving experience even with the weight being the same.

In the z06, it comes alive at 80mph+. It loves high speed corners. That’s where it likes to be. The boxster comes alive during those 40-60mph tight twisty roads. It’s where it’s happiest. The gearing completely ruins that.

The z06 doesn’t give a shit what gear its in.

You buy a gt4 for it’s seating position, steering feel, chassis feel, suspension feel, shifter feel. GM didn’t give two shits about any of those things when designing the c6z. They wanted speed for the dollar. It is only fun to drive because of how insanely fast it is.

<i think the c6z is one of the greatest sports cars ever made, not the c5, not the c7, not the c8, the c6 z06 specifically...., but lets not get delusional on why it’s great
Old 08-14-2020, 11:56 PM   #94
ZRacerLE

Quote:

You’re not understanding what I’m talking about. The boxster feels like a miata on tight twisty roads. I’m not talking about weight, it just feels like it wants to be thrown around. I know all too much about the c6z, sorry but it is not even close to tbe same driving experience even with the weight being the same.

In the z06, it comes alive at 80mph+. It loves high speed corners. That’s where it likes to be. The boxster comes alive during those 40-60mph tight twisty roads. It’s where it’s happiest. The gearing completely ruins that.

You buy a gt4 for it’s seating position, steering feel, chassis feel, suspension feel, shifter feel. GM didn’t give two shits about any of those things when designing the c6z. They wanted speed for the dollar. It is only fun to drive because of how insanely fast it is.

<i think the c6z is one of the greatest sports cars ever made, not the c5, not the c7, not the c8, the c6 z06 specifically...., but lets not get delusional on why it’s great
The GT4 does run with the big boys. It just ran a 7:28 at the ring. Looks to be closer to a C8 than a miata regarding laptimes.
Old 08-15-2020, 05:47 PM   #95
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:

The C6 Z06 is a great handler all around, low speed or high speed, it's light and powerful, but WIDE. This is where the GT4 feels better on twisty B roads, it is just a lot smaller in size and not as wide. The Z06 does just fine though in the twisties.

I think your comment fits more with the SS 1LE and ZLE, now THOSE are high speed sweeper cars. I can throw mine around pretty good in the twisties, as it has a LOT of grip, but you can definitely feel the weight and high center of gravity when tossing it around.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 06:56 PM   #96
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
The C6 Z06 is a great handler all around, low speed or high speed, it's light and powerful, but WIDE. This is where the GT4 feels better on twisty B roads, it is just a lot smaller in size and not as wide. The Z06 does just fine though in the twisties.

I think your comment fits more with the SS 1LE and ZLE, now THOSE are high speed sweeper cars. I can throw mine around pretty good in the twisties, as it has a LOT of grip, but you can definitely feel the weight and high center of gravity when tossing it around.
+1
Old 08-15-2020, 07:15 PM   #97
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
SS 1LE and a down payment on a house...
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:08 PM   #98
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Jumping in your C6z after watching old replays of 24hrs of lemans...