Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-01-2016, 07:55 PM   #29
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
This is what my engine bay was like when I put the car on the scale. So already had some mods and weight shaved at first weigh in.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  189.6 KB
Old 08-01-2016, 07:58 PM   #30
Jayjellyfish212

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  271.1 KB
Old 08-03-2016, 05:31 PM   #31
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Ours weighed in at 3850, half tank of fuel no upper back seat but full trunk interior. Now with headers and exhaust and no trunk interior along with a 21lb Braille battery we should be below 3800. Going to have to do a reweight soon to verify.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:52 PM   #32
MediumLabowski

Drives: '16 FiST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Now its 3460 😁
Is that from your interior gut only... or is there something else? Because thats impressive.
MediumLabowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:06 AM   #33
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Full interior gut, removed all electronics/modules aside of radio and onstar now (every time I pull onstar I get check engine light, trying to figure that one out) and of course race seats. I also gutted the under-hood quiet a bit (no a/c, no washer bottle and many other things) and finally I slapped a z/28 carbon ceramic brake system on the car. Oh and yes I do not have a dash either.... I really gutted it.

There is more mass to be removed, wiring harnesses and connectors are all dangling around so this winter I am removing all wiring that is not necessary. Also removing some metal brackets that are not required (spot weld drilling) and I haven't taken out drivers side floor tar (that stuff is heavy). Then I have to throw some money at the car to get further mass savings since I will be hopefully installing a roll hoop welded to the car and rear suspension points. Wheels and tires of a z/28 should help a lot too, maybe some coilovers down the road (my car is 1" higher than stock with all weight removed, struggling to figure out what to do there) and yes, 21lbs battery coming soon too hopefully.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:32 AM   #34
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Quote:
Full interior gut, removed all electronics/modules aside of radio and onstar now (every time I pull onstar I get check engine light, trying to figure that one out) and of course race seats. I also gutted the under-hood quiet a bit (no a/c, no washer bottle and many other things) and finally I slapped a z/28 carbon ceramic brake system on the car. Oh and yes I do not have a dash either.... I really gutted it.

There is more mass to be removed, wiring harnesses and connectors are all dangling around so this winter I am removing all wiring that is not necessary. Also removing some metal brackets that are not required (spot weld drilling) and I haven't taken out drivers side floor tar (that stuff is heavy). Then I have to throw some money at the car to get further mass savings since I will be hopefully installing a roll hoop welded to the car and rear suspension points. Wheels and tires of a z/28 should help a lot too, maybe some coilovers down the road (my car is 1" higher than stock with all weight removed, struggling to figure out what to do there) and yes, 21lbs battery coming soon too hopefully.
Damn, that's impressive. Maybe post some pictures? Regarding that ride height. You might have to change your suspension setup a lot to compensate that 400lb uh?
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:46 AM   #35
Mgizzle

I might start a thread soon if I find time, will post some pics soon. Yes suspension is interesting issue and many ways to fix but the dang car handles so nice and its so much faster now, biggest problem is now my front camber max is -1.4, so my inside of tire barely touches road, need way more camber. Yes looks like a lifted pick up now too lol.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:18 PM   #36
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Quote:
I might start a thread soon if I find time, will post some pics soon. Yes suspension is interesting issue and many ways to fix but the dang car handles so nice and its so much faster now, biggest problem is now my front camber max is -1.4, so my inside of tire barely touches road, need way more camber. Yes looks like a lifted pick up now too lol.
Haha, uneven tire wear sucks. And lifted Camaro, I really want see that. Looking forward to see your thread!
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:32 PM   #37
BadFrog

Drives: 2013 White 1SS 1LE (? of 72)
Mgizzle, Would it not of been better to start with a COPO body and add what you needed until you completed that car of your dreams instead of removing parts?
BadFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:02 PM   #38
Mgizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadFrog View Post
Mgizzle, Would it not of been better to start with a COPO body and add what you needed until you completed that car of your dreams instead of removing parts?
Great question!! Way more work and cost plus I never planned to do this.... Told my wife camaro has 4 seats so its a good investment lol

I tracked my car for 3 years stock. I grew with car, realized where I wanted improvements and my curiosity rose with it so for 3 years I planned what to do with it. In the end it is a fun project, I learned A TON about interiors, electronics and in the end impacts of what I am doing etc. its just fun and cheap when I do things in chunks yearly and am still able to track it.

Biggest downfall I had after all this was brakes... Car got a lot faster so brakes couldnt handle it. Bought race pads (for sale now brand new pagids rs14s) but than an opportunity on a used carbon set came so now way less mass and brakes I cant wait to try out in 3 weeks. I also got some aero from Pete but that will be a laptime track test on its own.

Lots more to come so this winter will be interesting.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:32 AM   #39
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
Name:  WE1.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  137.4 KB

At 3400 lbs this is all i think of..lol. Mine was 3760 with 1/8 tank gas, headers, no washer bottle, rear set gone, rear seat seat belt bracket gone, and all trunk stuff gone. Next will be 21b battery and thinking about some racing seats or seeing how much regular 1ss seats weigh. I have the recaros and they are heated so I'm guessing maybe the 1ss seats are lighter. 3699 is my goal...lol
Old 08-05-2016, 04:34 PM   #40
Mgizzle

Mine is full tank of gas by the way which we all know we dont ride or track with lol.... Half tank rule here, living in motor city lots of monsters lurking around...

Last edited by Mgizzle; 08-05-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:43 PM   #41
Jayjellyfish212

I got one more back seat belt to pull then I can figure the final weight the car is at. I did not calculate the rear seat area gutting but looks like a lot of weight came off. So far I'm at 3774 pounds 3.6 ounces with 1/8 tank of fuel. Minus the rear seat gutting once I weigh the parts that came out. So it looks like I could be possibly at 3700 pounds. Once I get these weights then winter time I will want to start rotation mass weight reduction like the wheels and rotors and do better lighter bumper instead of the steel. Currently starring at a big open hole in the back of the car...LOL. Gonna have to make a light weight cover in the back seating area now.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:12 PM   #42
Mgizzle

Didnt u take out the trunk carpet and spare cover? Takes 5 sec lots of weight and you still have full interior for small groceries etc. 6 packs fit fine into spare jammed between battery tray and body lol.

Last edited by Mgizzle; 08-06-2016 at 08:39 AM.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote