Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-15-2016, 08:27 PM   #1
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
What have you learned about your car?

To me there are many small and big things on this car that make it even more enjoyable if you know they are present and how to use them (20+ pgs condensed) :
1-When you activate rev match on a M6 the gear indicator changes from white to yellow.
2-when you select speed limit in the information pages a small speed limit sign will show up in the bottom left corner of your DIC
3-if you want your navi to include traffic you need to call xm and pay a fee
4-There is a button above your license plate you can use to pop your trunk so you don't have to use your keyless entry
5-When you use your 0-100 timer, once you hit 100 you can select your 0-60 timer and it will tell you what you ran to 60.
6-It is quicker, when you launch your car, to under rev and almost bog than it is to spin your wheels. Because of this very respectable times can be achieved with you traction control on.
7-you can start your car and/or roll down the windows with the remote on an A8 the M6 does not allow remote start.
8-there is a tow hook in the trunk that attached on the front right hand side. there is a grill insert that pops out and it screws in.
9- When you get low fuel notification and select "more info", the nav system shows all nearby gas station WITH price and takes you to the one you select.
10-you can save a Song, Artist or Album on the quick select buttons the same way that you save radio stations.
11- on the M6 you cannot pop the trunk without the parking brake being up.
12-When you have the AC on while making a Bluetooth call it will quieten the fan speed automatically.
13-Competition mode turns off when you select a cruise control speed.
14-you can edit the steering, exhaust sound and suspension settings for each mode.
15-the infotainment system supports SIRI Hands Free. To get a Siri prompt, just push and hold your button that you would use to place or accept a call for like 5 seconds. You will then hear the Siri prompt where you are able to use any Siri command.
16-you can edit your Nav main screen by holding the icons for few seconds and it'll let you move them around.
17-Programming your memory functions with a key fob near the car, programs THAT key fob as to a specific driver (Driver 1 or Driver 2).
18-pushing the power button just once Mutes the speakers samesame thing with pressing the end call button on the steering wheel.
19- you can set up the car so you have to press the unlock button on the door once or twice to unlock both doors.
20-you can set the max start-up speaker volume. This makes it so that if u turned off your car when the volume was up it will not start that loud.
21- when u select your g meter on the dic the maximum g force u achieve in a turn will display on both the DIC and HUD.

If I missed something you enjoy or made a mistake please let me know.
Based on past precedent this thread will also grow in size, so as often as possible I will review members input and update the list.

Last edited by ender2664; 07-17-2016 at 02:01 PM.
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:30 PM   #2
Disarmer

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438101
Disarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:32 PM   #3
ender2664
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disarmer View Post
Lol
Thank you
But this is that in condensed form with a few things added.

Last edited by ender2664; 07-15-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:31 AM   #4
Ittookalongtime

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE Summit White
That's a great list. We should keep it going. In the same sentiment I am generally positively surprised by the cool functionality and features on the SS1 after I thought I would be penalized for the savings. It's almost as though gm won't tell you all the good stuff on the less expensive car to keep you interested in the upsell. Makes sense but I really like my SS1 and the savings allowed me to get an LT1 - which has changed my life. In a nerdy automotive way. . For instance the cruise control is fully functional and modern with the 1 mile/hr adjustments up and down and displayed speed setting.
Ittookalongtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:38 AM   #5
ender2664
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ittookalongtime View Post
That's a great list. We should keep it going. In the same sentiment I am generally positively surprised by the cool functionality and features on the SS1 after I thought I would be penalized for the savings. It's almost as though gm won't tell you all the good stuff on the less expensive car to keep you interested in the upsell. Makes sense but I really like my SS1 and the savings allowed me to get an LT1 - which has changed my life. In a nerdy automotive way. . For instance the cruise control is fully functional and modern with the 1 mile/hr adjustments up and down and displayed speed setting.
The fact the other thread is 26 pages makes me not want to go in it and I'm sure others feel the same way. As people present new items I will add them to the list above so if someone just wants to make sure they are taking full advantage of their car they can simply scan the list apposed to having to read through dozens of pages of comments and questions.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:28 AM   #6
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Your car remote starts with your M6?

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 10:33 AM   #7
sboden

Drives: 16 Mosaic Black 2SS
No. The M6 can have the windows roll down with the remote but only the auto has the remote start.
2016 Mosaic Blk 2SS 6sp with Adrenaline Red interior, Red knee pads, Dual mode exhaust, 20" low gloss 5 spokes, River City Creations Bow Ties, nav and a lot of fun - Previous car 09 Nissan 370Z sport/tour 6sp
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/album.php?albumid=18420
sboden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 10:40 AM   #8
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
"There is a button above your license plate you can use to pop your trunk so you don't have to use your keyless entry"

I didn't know this! Thanks

I'm a huge fan of being able to set the max start-up speaker volume. I absolutely HATE getting in a car, starting it up and getting blasted by the stereo. Mine's set to 0.
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 10:42 AM   #9
MovieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboden View Post
No. The M6 can have the windows roll down with the remote but only the auto has the remote start.
That is what I thought. But Ender mentioned being able to start the car with his fob and I know he has a manual. I wondered if there was something I didn't know. Thankyou for your response though.

Life after retirement
Old 07-16-2016, 11:22 AM   #10
ender2664
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboden View Post
Edited
Old 07-16-2016, 11:23 AM   #11
ender2664
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Com69 View Post
"There is a button above your license plate you can use to pop your trunk so you don't have to use your keyless entry"

I didn't know this! Thanks

I'm a huge fan of being able to set the max start-up speaker volume. I absolutely HATE getting in a car, starting it up and getting blasted by the stereo. Mine's set to 0.
How do u do this?
Old 07-16-2016, 12:01 PM   #12
MovieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ender2664 View Post
How do u do this?
It is in the audio settings.

Radio
Press and the following may
display:
. Manage Favorites
. Number of Favorites Shown
. Audible Touch Feedback
. Text Scroll
. Tone Settings
. Auto Volume
. Maximum Startup Volume
. Audio Cue Volume

Life after retirement
Old 07-16-2016, 12:08 PM   #13
ender2664
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGuy View Post
It is in the audio settings.

Radio
Press and the following may
display:
. Manage Favorites
. Number of Favorites Shown
. Audible Touch Feedback
. Text Scroll
. Tone Settings
. Auto Volume
. Maximum Startup Volume
. Audio Cue Volume
Mine always starts at low volume. I probably set it months ago and don't even remember.