Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

View Poll Results: What do You think this car really is for the 2016 model year?
A Festival Car 3 8.57%
A Parade Car 19 54.29%
A Pace Car 7 20.00%
A Festival/Pace Car 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2016, 05:36 PM   #43
Indy48
16 2SS INDY Festival 48

Drives: 16 Camaro Indy Festival Car
Freddy, thank you very very much! I had waited 36 years for this to happen so I felt "heck, I have my phone why not videotape and take lots of pictures during the journey home?" so I did. It really was an amazing drive and I think the memory of it probably means as much as the car does to me. Thanks again Freddy, you're a real pleasure to talk with.
Indy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:29 AM   #44
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
I'm an EET and don't work for the Speedway, however if you know the right people and are willing to work for free they'll let you in on the fun! Since the Camaros return there have been times the Speedway has wanted each year pace car. Well the HOF Museum doesn't have a '67 Camaro pace car but they do have my info. I'm local and can get it down to them at a moments notice so if they need/want a '67 I'll most likely get the call. Plus it has flags/brackets like the actual pace car had. (Asked me not to put them on for the Pilot Parade).

This is the car wash pass I was referring too, For a local car wash company crewcarwash.com, and below that 2015 #42 freshly washed!
MLL67RSSS is awesome when it comes to the Pace and Festival cars here in Indy. We have a great Camaro group of guys that are always available to the Speedway when they need some help with GM cars. Locally, when they are here for the Indy 500, the drivers and VIP's get to drive them around town for the month of May. Then they are distributed to the local Chevy dealers for sale. When we see them around town, we refer to them as "Festival" cars. And yes, they do end up in many Indy 500 parades.

Glad you are enjoying the car Indy48. It's awesome to see one of the Festival cars on the West coast representing the Indy 500 glory. If CamaroFest is going to be happening on the West coast, you will definitely have to be there with your Car!!
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:43 AM   #45
tcbracing

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Convertible
First of all - great looking car!! The story and the extras all make yours a little bit better than the rest of ours

I did just want to clarify a couple of things from your original post:

- The assembly plant in Michigan that makes these vehicles is called Lansing GRAND River Assembly, or LGR for short. There is not a Lansing River, but the Grand River runs adjacent to the plant. It was previously called Lansing Car Assembly. It is one of GM's newest plants, starting production in 2001.

- The Certificate of Origin, at least in Missouri, is given to the new owner (signed by the Dealer) at the time of purchase and is then given to the License Bureau at the time of registration. I never got one when buying new cars in Michigan, but in Missouri, they are not rare at all.

Not trying to offend you at all, just wanted to help make your story (which I am sure you tell a lot ) is as accurate as possible.

2SS Convertible, Mosaic Black, Red Hashmark, Adrenaline Red Interior, A8, NPP, MRC, 56R Wheels

6/6/2016 Dealer entered order
6/7/2016 Received order # TMXWV0 - Status 1100
6/11/2016 Status 3000
6/22/2016 Status 3400 - TPW 6/27
6/29/2016 My car is born!!
7/13/2016 Status 4300
7/14/2016 Status 4B00
7/18/2016 Status 4200
7/25/2016 Status 4800
7/29/2016 Status 5000 - Drove home!!
tcbracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:46 AM   #46
BLUE_OKIE_SS

Drives: 2016 Blue Velvet Camaro 2ss M6
This is an amazing story. When I read the second post about the date you got the car it pulled on the heart strings! Congratulations!
BLUE_OKIE_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:31 PM   #47
Indy48
16 2SS INDY Festival 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
MLL67RSSS is awesome when it comes to the Pace and Festival cars here in Indy. We have a great Camaro group of guys that are always available to the Speedway when they need some help with GM cars. Locally, when they are here for the Indy 500, the drivers and VIP's get to drive them around town for the month of May. Then they are distributed to the local Chevy dealers for sale. When we see them around town, we refer to them as "Festival" cars. And yes, they do end up in many Indy 500 parades.

Glad you are enjoying the car Indy48. It's awesome to see one of the Festival cars on the West coast representing the Indy 500 glory. If CamaroFest is going to be happening on the West coast, you will definitely have to be there with your Car!!
Thank you so much for your kind reply. Also it's really Great to hear about the information. Being out here to be quite honest with you I didn't know anything about these cars. I've learned quite a bit about them in the two short months I've owned it, and I'm always grateful to learn. He's really a very nice man and it's cool that he has a real 67' PC. You guys have a wonderful day out there in "The Crossroads of America" It was nice starting off for me the trip of a lifetime there.

That's really strange that they don't have a 67 Pace Car at the Indy 500 museum! I would've assumed that was one that they had for sure being that it was the first Camaro Pace Car. I just have to ask, do you guys have still in the museum the 1980 Turbo Trans Am Pace Car? That was the car that started this search of 36 years off for me!!! I remember it had the lights on the hood and the "factory audio power booster" that was so cool in 1980!!!

Last edited by Indy48; 10-06-2016 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:40 PM   #48
Indy48
16 2SS INDY Festival 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUE_OKIE_SS View Post
This is an amazing story. When I read the second post about the date you got the car it pulled on the heart strings! Congratulations!
Thanks very much my friend. I appreciate that. It means a lot to me because I can see my mothers smile in heaven at her son finally getting his wish.

Thanks Okie, that means the world to my family and I.

Your car sounds really cool. That's a rare color, and, it's an M6. I drove one before I purchased this car. It was the most "authentic late 60's musclecar torque pull" i've ever experienced. Those things are an absolute BALL to drive! Make sure youget the information about how many were built in your color In 2016. I bet their rarer than you think!
Old 10-06-2016, 01:16 PM   #49
Indy48
16 2SS INDY Festival 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbracing View Post
First of all - great looking car!! The story and the extras all make yours a little bit better than the rest of ours

I did just want to clarify a couple of things from your original post:

- The assembly plant in Michigan that makes these vehicles is called Lansing GRAND River Assembly, or LGR for short. There is not a Lansing River, but the Grand River runs adjacent to the plant. It was previously called Lansing Car Assembly. It is one of GM's newest plants, starting production in 2001.

- The Certificate of Origin, at least in Missouri, is given to the new owner (signed by the Dealer) at the time of purchase and is then given to the License Bureau at the time of registration. I never got one when buying new cars in Michigan, but in Missouri, they are not rare at all.

Not trying to offend you at all, just wanted to help make your story (which I am sure you tell a lot ) is as accurate as possible.
Thank you for the input. I do appreciate it. You were correct in my omission of word "River" when referring to the production plant. I speak to text most of my messages because it's difficult for my eyes to see the screen. I then proofread, but sometimes things don't translate or I don't catch them. In this case I know it's the LGR plant.

I'm sure there are some states that possibly do give or provide a digital copy of the MSO (Manufacturers Statement of Origin) ("certificate of origin") to a buyer, however, this practice is exceedingly rare. The majority of buyers in this country never see that document because my friend, it's all done behind closed doors in terms of the transfer of it to the state DMV where the vehicle will be registered/licensed. This happened in my case as well. The state of Indiana mailed a copy of the MSO to Oregon state DMV. The dealer was just simply kind enough to provide me a copy of it.

There are other states in the country that do you require an MSO in order to register/license a vehicle. NY is one of them as well as believe it or not, if you lose your title in the state of Mississippi, One of the options you have is to provide a copy of the MSO!!

I suppose the easiest way to say it is, "all states require an MSO when they title any new vehicle.

I understand the point you're making. It appears as though you actually "get a copy of your MSO." That practice is exceedingly rare in this country.

As it did for me at least in the state of Indiana where I purchased this car, it was the dealership, behind closed doors, that mailed the digital copy of the MSO along with sales documents showing bill of sale to Oregon state DMV. The only way I got a copy of it was to "ask for it." Otherwise I never would've received it.

I guess there's truth to why you guys are known as the "Show Me State." I think that's really awesome that you guys get the copy of the MSO to bring into your local DMV to register/license a new vehicle there. Btw: I was really freaked out when I went through Kansas City on the way home with this car because the locusts were making noise in the trees at twilight. It freaked the heck out of me! I found out what it was because of the rest area attendant who kindly told me what it was. But then I was able to see something really cool that we don't get to see you out here in the west and that's fireflies. That was something I enjoyed so much. You guys have a beautiful state there and I thoroughly enjoyed my drive through part of your great state.

And I thought I should clarify something with you... I honestly don't tell the story of my car to very many people. I suppose it's easy here because were all faceless people communicating through a computer. But as for "face-to-face" storytelling of whats happened and how this car is so special, I would say I've probably told it Two or three times. I'm a pretty private person to be truthful with you. I just have read many of the fantastic stories from excited owners of these cars on this site and it's been very refreshing to me. So, I thought I would stop "reading from the sidelines." And actually take part in a conversation or two.

Thanks for the clarifications. It's always nice to talk to car enthusiasts who are passionate about their cars!! Here's another picture for you… Hope you like it my friend, it was taken in the afternoon after I purchased the car.

Larry
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #50
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy48 View Post
Thank you so much for your kind reply. Also it's really Great to hear about the information. Being out here to be quite honest with you I didn't know anything about these cars. I've learned quite a bit about them in the two short months I've owned it, and I'm always grateful to learn. He's really a very nice man and it's cool that he has a real 67' PC. You guys have a wonderful day out there in "The Crossroads of America" It was nice starting off for me the trip of a lifetime there.

That's really strange that they don't have a 67 Pace Car at the Indy 500 museum! I would've assumed that was one that they had for sure being that it was the first Camaro Pace Car. I just have to ask, do you guys have still in the museum the 1980 Turbo Trans Am Pace Car? That was the car that started this search of 36 years off for me!!! I remember it had the lights on the hood and the "factory audio power booster" that was so cool in 1980!!!
They may have it. They rotate their car collection to the public. They have many cars in their basement they rotate with, or bring out on special occasions. Our Camaro club president had a 2010 Camaro Pace Car. He sold it about a month ago to a gentleman in Texas. He did some great work on the engine and bay to really make it stand out. He had put a Nightfury cam in it. We have another club member that has one of all the Festival Camaro Cars along with some of the Camaro Pace Cars. Just another wonderful, great owner that is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Hey just think, you never know who drove that car, maybe Scott Dixon, Will Power, Castroneves or Graham Rahal... or Owner of the track. You never know. That is the cool thing about the Festival cars too!
Old 10-06-2016, 02:29 PM   #51
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Thank you for the input. I do appreciate it. You were correct in my omission of word "River" when referring to the production plant. I speak to text most of my messages because it's difficult for my eyes to see the screen. I then proofread, but sometimes things don't translate or I don't catch them. In this case I know it's the LGR plant.

I'm sure there are some states that possibly do give or provide a digital copy of the MSO (Manufacturers Statement of Origin) ("certificate of origin") to a buyer, however, this practice is exceedingly rare. The majority of buyers in this country never see that document because my friend, it's all done behind closed doors in terms of the transfer of it to the state DMV where the vehicle will be registered/licensed. This happened in my case as well. The state of Indiana mailed a copy of the MSO to Oregon state DMV. The dealer was just simply kind enough to provide me a copy of it.

There are other states in the country that do you require an MSO in order to register/license a vehicle. NY is one of them as well as believe it or not, if you lose your title in the state of Mississippi, One of the options you have is to provide a copy of the MSO!!

I suppose the easiest way to say it is, "all states require an MSO when they title any new vehicle.

I understand the point you're making. It appears as though you actually "get a copy of your MSO." That practice is exceedingly rare in this country.

As it did for me at least in the state of Indiana where I purchased this car, it was the dealership, behind closed doors, that mailed the digital copy of the MSO along with sales documents showing bill of sale to Oregon state DMV. The only way I got a copy of it was to "ask for it." Otherwise I never would've received it.

I guess there's truth to why you guys are known as the "Show Me State." I think that's really awesome that you guys get the copy of the MSO to bring into your local DMV to register/license a new vehicle there. Btw: I was really freaked out when I went through Kansas City on the way home with this car because the locusts were making noise in the trees at twilight. It freaked the heck out of me! I found out what it was because of the rest area attendant who kindly told me what it was. But then I was able to see something really cool that we don't get to see you out here in the west and that's fireflies. That was something I enjoyed so much. You guys have a beautiful state there and I thoroughly enjoyed my drive through part of your great state.

And I thought I should clarify something with you... I honestly don't tell the story of my car to very many people. I suppose it's easy here because were all faceless people communicating through a computer. But as for "face-to-face" storytelling of whats happened and how this car is so special, I would say I've probably told it Two or three times. I'm a pretty private person to be truthful with you. I just have read many of the fantastic stories from excited owners of these cars on this site and it's been very refreshing to me. So, I thought I would stop "reading from the sidelines." And actually take part in a conversation or two.

Thanks for the clarifications. It's always nice to talk to car enthusiasts who are passionate about their cars!! Here's another picture for you… Hope you like it my friend, it was taken in the afternoon after I purchased the car.

Larry
No one on this site will ever get tired of hearing the story or seeing pictures of your car. This group of people are some of the best in the world.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #52
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
Remember- this car will go down in History like other models before it,it is a special car in our camaro world full of good people and fun times.Camaros rule
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:05 PM   #53
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Congrats, Larry. It's great to see your love of your Indy festival car. We're a little complacent about them here because we see them every year so your enthusiasm for them is refreshing. My ex-company got one every year and it was always a lot of fun.

I own a 2014 2SS/RS vert so I completely understand the thrill every time you climb in with the top down and fire it up. Enjoy your ride. You will definitely be unique in OR.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:42 AM   #54
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Remember back then the only thing considered a "collector" car was built in the 30's or before and it wasn't widespread like today (auctions EVERYWHERE!!!). Oddly no one really cared much about these special cars. In fact in the midwest Chevrolet "Zone" it was considered a burden after the race to have to try and sell 200 or so cars that all looked the same. They couldn't strip those door decals off fast enough and some of the '67's were actually altered; wheels changed/hubcaps added, and some even got painted a different color to try and move them off the lots.

Yes they do have a '80 Turbo Trans Am in the basement!

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 10-07-2016 at 05:59 AM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:25 PM   #55
RWB2SS

Drives: 2017 SS
Ive a 2017 convertible. #40, But 1-40 were used trackside and festival,parade. use 50-101 went as new to dealers.so i was unable to yet aquire the plate and COO is unavailable, i did get some documentation and new window sticker etc. Thanks for sharing this info. Where are you located in Indiana, im in Walkerton and looked at a 17 Corvette in Merrillville,In. Not far from here.I am working w Lee whos a Pace Car expert and Festival members to try to locate my plate..
Attached Images

RWB2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:14 PM   #56
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
I am originally from NW Indiana, not to far from the photo of the welcome to Indiana sign (right off 80/94). I now reside in Central Indiana and get to the see festival cars each May. Its pretty cool seeing them and what # car. Enjoy!
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote